UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Somewhat depressed by two things:-

Dad has not been well at all. He was finally persuaded to call the hospital on Tuesday as his cough is horrid, he is weak & breathless & has lost a stone in 3 weeks. I secretly phoned after he did to ensure things were put in motion. He has a CT scan next Tuesday followed by a meeting with a nurse based at the local hospice. Consultant appointment a week or so after that. My fear is that the cancer has spread beyond his lungs.
The other thing is massive rows between my friends over the rights & wrongs of importing dogs from abroad. I have friends on both sides.

I got involved because it seemed the dogs coming from Romania were going to a rescue some people were very concerned about. It had been the subject of a TV programme in another region. As someone who has recently raised concerns about a different rescue I felt sure that the person flagging worries about this one would not do so unless they had good reason so I'd be wrong to ignore them.

I have tried to stay out of the debate for & against dogs from other countries & just focus on the welfare conditions in the UK to avoid the out of the frying pan & into the fire scenario. I just don't have the strength to engage in any more arguments at the moment! It is still upsetting to see the arguments raging.

Ted will be in the vets for a few days. Most optimistic home coming forecast is for the weekend, but he needs to be peeing, pooping and walking with no help before he can come home. Tom said the fact that he was still able to walk before the surgery was promising for a quick homecoming, it is usually dogs who can't walk at all who need intensive physio and longer vet stays. We will know more tomorrow, as he will still be sedated at the moment.

Moaning :tired:

Whizzie :GroupHug:

Left home at 7.45 am yesterday and got home at 7.30pm :tired:

Got one contract finished off but there is another which needs to be finalised today so fingers crossed it's a shorter day (I will be leaving the office at 4pm today).

That's a long day Alex. I am so lucky that my job is very 9-5 now unless I travel to do exhibitions, also I have already discussed reduced hours as & when Mum & Dad need more help & there doesn't seem to be a problem.

Have a good day folk. Hope Ted improves & all other poorly or distressed dogs & people x

Hugs Whizzie

Hope you find a house soon Amy.

All be on the look out for a new job Alex, especially if you are unhappy.

I am working from home today which means the chance for a nice lie in, but the cats have evicted me. They like to snuggle up so close that eventually I can't lie there anymore...usually because Cocoa steals my pillow!

Good thoughts for Ted xx

:laugh: at Murtle's cats. Archie has taken to getting into mine or Ruby's bed. He unmakes the beds by moving the duvets back so he can lay directly on the bottom sheet and have the duvet cocooned around him.

Whizzie :GroupHug: I realise that the argument between your friends may be centred around other issues about bringing dogs over from eastern European rescues but I can't be doing with the "charity begins at home" attitude whether it is in regard to animals or humans. I was very shocked once to find out how callous someone I had previously held in fairly high regard was towards starving and ill children in Africa.

Glad to hear Ted's op went well, and I hope he's back home soon :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: Whizzie

I have a team outing at work today - lunch and bowling :unsure: I don't think I've been bowling for about 15 years. It does mean we get an extra hour for lunch though :)

Off camping for a two day dog show tonight, this means the dogs are in the car downstairs at work and I can keep popping off to check on them......with various work colleagues in tow ;-)

As ever being totally disorganised I was packing my stuff after training last night at 10:30 and loading the car this morning!!