UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Hope Ted continues to do well and is soon home with you Jayne.

I could have done with being an octopus earlier! I was walking Rosie earlier than usual due to the unusual warmth, when we went past some council bungalows with a lovely display of pansies outside, which a council bloke was busily digging up and putting in a big bin. I asked him were they recycled? No, into a skip love. Ah, says I, may I take some? Assured I could help myself, I grabbed an armful of lovely ones still with plenty of buds...then realised I only had small nappy sack size poo bags with me. So, I set off down the road clasping these somewhat muddy plants, Rosie trying to tie me in knots and then my mobile rang. Umm...managed to get it out of my pocket without dropping anything, then she decided she must have a poo...arghh! Anyway, we got home in one piece although I nearly put the poo bag to my ear and the phone in my pocket at one point and my nice clean pale blue t shirt is now covered in dirt. Flowers are installed in a big planter, and hopefully they'll keep going (so long as the slugs and snails don't get em.)

Edited by suzeanna

well done Suzeanna, down here our council remove all the old plants and then they have a few table tops in the town and you go along with your bags and take home whatever you want within reason, does seem a bit daft chucking perfectly healthy plants in the bin.... your could easily offer them to the local primary schools for the kids to plant in little beds or to council care homes etc

like you we had our walk early due to the warmth, i am still amazed at how ignorant some people can be, there was a woman up there with a retriever and we were ambling along minding our own business and she was desperately trying to keep her dog near her... i said "oh your dog can say hi if you want" and she said "no i don't like that sort of dog"!! Diez is 12 years old grey in the face and a beautiful staffy.... her loss.

A friend at Romanian Underdogs sent me this which I really liked. It demonstrates why any charitable work should be applauded (subject to acceptable welfare standards in the rescue world of course):-

Since our adventure with the dogs started, we have been asked many times what makes Romanian dogs worthy of saving, when so many British dogs are abandoned every year.

Indeed why dogs, when children need help? Why animals, when hospitals are struggling? Why one species over another?

In truth, there is no good answer. Many of our team, amazing volunteers and generous donors believe many causes are worthy, and donate, help or volunteer for other organizations. Children do need food and love, hospitals do need funds, dogs and cats here and abroad need help and pain and suffering must be alleviated wherever possible. We all have different sensibilities and different things make us sad or tug at us until we feel compelled to act. That is what gives us hope that we can change the world, it is one of the singular wonders of the human spirit. Let us never change the fact that we are different, but let us all help where we think we should or can.

Here we like to think of the world as a large garden that needs tending to.

There are vegetable patches, roses, tulips, long grasses, meadows, hedges and trees of all kinds. Everyone has a favourite spot, where they feel at one with the garden. We have ours and share the care of it with many people. Once in a while, we look up from our work, and take a long walk to visit other parts of the garden and appreciate the hard work and care that has gone into making them more beautiful.

These visits into other causes are full of tears, joy and gratitude for what other people accomplish, for the love they give and the heartbreak they suffer in order to bring their flowers to bloom. If we can, we will happily share tools and water because the tranquility of our humble spot, the beauty of our growing plants, can only be enhanced by the rest of the garden. Let us all be gardeners together and battle the elements, the destructive diseases and draughts. Let the good that can be done come to fruition in whatever shape or form. We have good will and compassion in common and that is far stronger than anything that might separate us.

Take a walk, see where your heart leads you, be it a child, a stray, a family member, and know that it all counts.

For everyone at Love Underdogs, every compassionate act is celebrated as a victory; every step in the right direction, a joyful journey; every human kindness, a thank you letter. If you feel that your family can give a forever home for a soul in need of love, it does not matter to us where you chose to adopt from as long as you adopt.

Much love to all from Love Underdogs

• Like 1

Ted update - is is still on all kinds of drugs that are making him dopey and quite wobbly, so he isn't as mobile as he could be at the moment. They are going to try and wean him off the relaxants over the next few days and see how he does. There is also a chance they may have bruised his spinal cord whilst removing the tumour, so that may take time to recover. Tom isn't worried at the moment, but doesn't forecast him being home for weekend. They have also said they would prefer for us not to visit at the moment, as he may get a bit over excited and then be upset when we go home without him :(

Awww Gooster, hard as it is Ted is in the best place and if mine have to stay i don't go to see them as they do think they are coming with me and then we have the upset of having to walk away and leave them. The only time i have seen an animal at the vets and had to leave them again was with Dex cat and that was purely as i returned from holiday to be told he had been run over and a decision needed to be made with regard his future.... it was awful seeing him thinking he was coming home and then him realizing that nope he was staying. Will you be able to call and check on him over the weekend? i am guessing a place which does spinal surgery would have somebody there on sundays

Suzeanna, i forgot to ask... have you had chance to see your doctor about your blood test results?

hiya darlings

well,its up and down here

the council have just rung about an exchange, so im looking this afternoon. just hope we like each others. but shes terrified of dogs, so have to get them out of the house while shes here

got the letter about my DLA. ive lost the lot! so the car will be taken off me in a few days. :unsure: :unsure:

I cant think about anything else. my friend at the CAB says we will appeal, but takes 9 months, so 9 months of no car

Im glad ATOS has cured me, as ill only have my scooter to get me about.

Thanks guys - the vets he is at is fantastic - they have staff around the clock 24/7, and Tom is phoning every day with an update (although am not sure if he is at a flyball show this weekend, so we may have another vet checking on him over the weekend). I would probably only upset myself if I went to see him without bringing him home, so I am happy he is in good hands. I just worry about my little dude - he always gets so excited when he gets to go out in the car - I just hope that he is still my happy go lucky Ted if he makes it home :mecry:

Charlie is really confused as well - he has been really quiet and wondering where everyone has gone, it is weird with just Charlie and Amber in the house :unsure:

Gooster..... Ted will make it home, stay positive!!!

Jazz, i am so sorry to hear you have lost your benefit, Atos are brilliant at curing people but yes you should appeal, it might take time but if you need it you need to fight them... i do hope that you both like each others properties and you can begin to make your plans for moving

Jazz can't your GP write a letter..or do they know better?

Yes I saw a GP, my kidney function has dropped quite a bit and my blood sugar is a very high normal so they want to do fasting blood tests to check it isnt a blip. My blood pressure was high so got to go again for that too..think I'll move in to the place!

eurggghhh fasting blood test! how come when you are normally allowed to eat you never seem hungry but as soon as someone says you have to starve the period you need to starve for you could eat a scabby goat! when i have to go for surgery they often state no food after 5 am so i am that tragic i actually set an alarm to wake up and get some food Lol

we have absolutely beautiful sunshine here and i am very excited as one of my livingstone daisies has a flower and it does close when it gets dark and shuts when it rains.... brilliant Lol

im telling you because you wont pass it on

*looks around*

*whispers*

ive looked at 2 properties, liked both of them but prefer the second. she has been here, waiting to hear if she wants it

1st one is going over the weekend to see the other place in the swap

if they both say yes, then its down to the occupational therapist to say if I can have them, then I might get to choose

unless they both say no lol

• Like 2