UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

i went the other day and they had hanging baskets at £5 i double checked all the tags and decided i would ask my dad to pick one up... went to one store and the same hanging basket was £13! went to the one where i saw them at £5 2 days ago and again they are £13... they weren't reduced or anything the other day... i was most annoyed and didn't buy one.

I've just been to Tesco and they had some very nice looking hanging baskets outside. The purple petunia ones were especially good - they were £5 each.

I'm having an old favourite for tea - liver and onions :) I haven't had that in a very long time. I only hope it tastes as good as when my nanna used to make it. I am also serving up marrowfat peas with it and it must be 30 years or more since I last had them!

Archie will be helping me out with the liver.

Sorry to say this, but blurgh! That reminds me so much of school dinners.

Oh dear Alex. That's horrible and quite scary and quite a shock when you cut your finger like that :unsure:

I went out walking yesterday with my fleece jacket on and a hat and today, no coat with my sleeves rolled up!

It's been sunny here too, you might almost believe that it's time for summer!

• Like 1

My liver and onions was yummy. Archie was very interested whilst I dished up and sat giving me 'the stare' whilst I was tucking in. I couldn't take it any longer and went and got him a dish full which he ate beside me with great relish. He even ate the marrowfat peas I added and he normally gives veggies a very wide berth. And oh-my-dawg how good were those marrowfats!

Alex no mash because I forgot to get the tatties :(

Snow I hope the burn of the chillies will have been sufficiently diluted by the gastric system before they reappear!

Feeling free and like I can do what I want when I want. Kitchen fitter finished just after 3. Has a little job to do which he's coming back for Friday. So whizzed off to see Dad. Tomorrow can clean me noo kitchen and put things in there slowly. Got new pans and baking stuff today. Dinner set will have to wait. Chap is coming to put in new boiler on Friday but we've got an electric fire so we're ok.

Ouch Alex.

Glad you've had a pleasant day Snow

And you've got rid of some stuff Murtle. Makes you feel better

Scoobs loves peas of all things and Marrowfat are yummy.

• Like 1

Houndwoman, Snow and Karen... we have had a glorious day as well..... i too agree i could be tricked into believing it was nearly summer...Karen, thanks for the tip about the hanging basket... thats what they were at b&q petunias.. i quite liked the look of them, may blag my dad into going to tesco tomorrow

Merledogs thanks for the tip on the hanging basket

Yantan, hope you enjoyed your dinner, my dad agrees liver and onions is yum... i disagree however Lol

Jacobean,very glad your kitchen is now your own again! you just have to try and remember where you put the stuff (i resorted to stacka boxes with labels for the lower cupboards)

not looking forward to tomorrow, my mum comes home and i have to give her bad news..... i think i might bottle it, tell my dad and he can tell her... i am not very good at giving bad news i just blurt it out..no sugar coating with me i am afraid..... i am beginning to dread answering the phone now as they say bad news comes in three's and we have only had 2 bad bits of news.

Moaning :tired:

I'd share the liver and onions Maz but marrowfat peas :sick01:

Griff - good luck with the sharing of bad news but hope it's the last for a very long time :GroupHug:

I felt awful when I went to bed last night, all shivery and freezing cold and nauseous. Feel better after a good night's sleep but I have a sore throat coming and I ache all over.

Hay fever Alex? Apparently the tree pollen is bad this year and even people who don't ever get hay fever are suffering.

Well after last weeks trip to Castell Coch this morning hubby has another sight seeing trip planned and I was nagged even before my first fag & coke of the day to hurry up and get ready as we need to get there early, so why is it that I'm sitting here showered, dressed, packed and shoes on ready to go and he's still unshowered and in his pj's?

Are we still in the uk? Two sunny days on a bank holiday weekend...now we know the weather is up the spout!!

I know. I think I have been forces beyond our ken have somehow picked us up and transplanted us to the Med. I'm not complaining! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Well done Maz :partytime:

I love Castell Coch :wub: Never been but always loved driving past it on the M4.

I've been painting fence panels. I've done 4 out of a gazillion but it's a start. Back has completely seized up now and I have an odd pain in the front of my leg just where it joins my torso. It was like this yesterday - dunno what I've done to it.

Weather is absolutely perfect today - sunny but not too hot and with a nice breeze.

Edited by merledogs

well done Yantan

Snow, have a good day

murtle and yantan... we have lovely sun infact i got up to find my dad sat in the back garden on my new patio furniture reading the paper!!!! he never sits in the garden

Merledogs, could you have a trapped nerve? take it easy with the painting.... would a sprayer be beneficial to you? i have thought of getting one but not sure how good they are.

I have told my dad the bad news... hopefully he will tell my mum when he picks her up, if not i will have to do it

i really hope this weather is staying for a bit..... i am enjoying it muchly