UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Flippin' Faffing

merledogs

Sophie, i think i would be sending a very strongly worded letter to the old vets practice! that is simply not good enough.... it isn't as if a blood pressure reading is an invasive thing to do. i do hope Toby improves, hope you have a fab time at agility.

Jazz, sorry to hear the house wasn't suitable, i hope you find something soon

Laney has to go and have his claw removed... it is for the best so he is getting his teeth cleaned again( never known a dog to get such manky teeth!) and his claws clipped again... not looking forward to the after care at all

Hope Laney is ok with his op :flowers:

If high blood pressure has the same affect on animals as humans, there will have probably been a burst vessel in the retina, which will slowly reabsorb with time depending on the level of severity :GroupHug:

Got told I looked 'elegant' by my boss at Buxton today. Wore a tight black dress with a bright red shaped panel going down the middle of it. Had been worried to wear it in case they thought it was a bit tarry. Didn't need to worry though. He then took the piss out of how I was walking due to my tone and shape class after affects yesterday :laugh:

Ha ha I was laughing at my boss today cos she was waddling due to going to bums and tums class last night

Glad you have a diagnosis for Toby. I would complain to last vets also. It's not good enough. Hope Toby is feeling a lot better very soon

Hoping Laney is good post op. I took myself off the pills cos I couldn't stop sleeping then I got a migraine, the very thing they were supposed to be preventing lol

Not sure where I'm going yet Eve. Going with the inlaws so looking forward to it even more now. Have been looking western side Ayrshire, possibly borders. Found a cottage in Newton Stewart that is right up my street but could be too isolated for the relatives

Ooh, forgot to say, Mr G doesn't think I have a big bum :biggrin: So whilst his classes may be mega hard, they are shrinking my bum :biggrin: Was chatting to him tonight and was telling him how my legs were killing me after all the squats yesterday, then added, but if it shrinks my bum, then it's all worth it, then he said not to be daft and my bum isn't big :biggrin:

Am rubbish at making conversation to find out if he is single :rolleyes: I always think of stuff to say afterwards. He has been in work loads this week, then he works as a bouncer on a Friday and saturday. What I should have said was 'when do you ever get to see your OH'. What I actually said was 'you work really hard, I don't know how you do it' :rolleyes: :laugh: Will have to see if he is working next Thursday on Valentnes day, so I can ask him if his OH minds him working till 10.30 on Valentines day :biggrin:

Morning. I'm another one also very glad its Friday. Hope your meeting isn't too tedious or stressful Alex.

Not sure on the chances of Toby's vision coming back - I think if its just bleeding in the eye, it may improve. If the retina detatched, then there is a 2-3 day window during which it can reattach, otherwise its permanent. Makes it all the more frustrating that old vet did nothing - we're at least 4 days behind on treating it now.

Agility last night was fun - Logan did really well. We did a full course, then broke it down into sections, then at the end ran the full course again but timed. Logan came first by 12 s :D Kia was also reasonably good, though a bit loopy. She did a wee bit of zoomies, but thankfully confined them to our section of the barn and didn't disturb any of the other classes.

Laney is in the vets.... he didn't want to stay Lol, hopefully he will behave for them... they are all lovely and patient with him though which is nice

Sophie i do hope Tobys sight can be saved... if not i really do think you should make a complaint to prevent it happening to anyone else's pet.

Jacobean, sorry you had to come of the medication, is there a different sort the doctor can try you with??

merledogs... hope your day flies by and then you have a nice weekend

Lol Gooster you remind me of me!!! i am o.k when i have a drink inside me.... i have bucket loads of confidence but otherwise i am dead shy (if you asked anyone i know if i am shy they would laugh in your face but i am!!) and i have missed out on loads of blokes for that reason

Hope all the poorly pets and people feel better soon xx

I've been for a job interview this morning, I haven't said much about it as I have spent the past week getting more and more anxious and nervous about it and have made a conscious effort to avoid thinking about it whenever I could. It turned out to be the least stressful interview I have ever had and I rather enjoyed it in some ways however this undoubtedly means I wont be getting the job as I tend to be offered the ones where I come out of the interview thinking that they would be insane to give me the job after the lousy interview I did lol This one I think went well, I know I was a bit lightweight on some of my answers and a bit on the runaway gob side for others, but an enormous part of this particular job is about personality and the one thing I'm pretty sure of is that I was the "real me" all through the interview so thats either going to be a huge plus or a rather big negative LOL