UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jimmy Jammering

merledogs

Evening

Sorry you didn't get anywhere with the consultant Griff

Yes I had someone round to do our gutters just before xmas and he can naff off for any other handyman jobs because he kept on insisting he needed to speak to Martyn about the job itself, receiving the money and anything else about it. A few times I said it was me who had called him out and given him the job. At the end I insisted on handing MY money over to him and told him straight he wouldn't have been here if left to Martyn. It was ME who decided we needed the gutters doing and it was me paying him. It would be me who might come up with any further jobs. I asked him to come round and look at something else he then had the cheek to say he would speak to Martyn about it and sort something out with him. So I said well I wish you luck there cos he won't get anything sorted. I haven't seen or spoken to him since so it's his lookout and I'll find someone else. Chauvinist pig

Feel pooped tonight. Have been studying like crazy the last week or so. Sent another assignment in at 2am yes i know but I wanted it out of the way. Arranged an urgent transport run last night. Overslept this morning and then worked late tonight.

Edited by Jacobean

Moaning :tired:

WFH today but have a meeting not too far away and need to run some errands.

Forgot to post on here that I had a message on my answerphone yesterday morning from the Police as they'd had a 999 call from my number. Next thing I know there's a knock at the door and a Policewoman on my doorstep. They received two calls from my phone at 02:45. I have absolutely no clue how that happened because I would have been in bed and the upstairs phone doesn't work. They said they did a drive by at the time but all was quiet.

I'm giving my leather sofa away for anybody who's near me and interested. It's a bit knackered and the wood support in one of the arms has broken (through me standing on it). You would need to collect and it's very big and heavy (230cm long ish) so you need to make sure you've got the space to fit it. Am going to list it on eBay as free but if anyone wants it please send me a PM. I'll put some pics on here later.

I've just bought a mahoosive (275cm long) sofa off eBay for a bargainous £150. Had to be bit to fit me and the boys on :wub: I have been looking to buy one and have been considering a £1,500 from Cousins, but got sick of looking for sofas and faffing about with indecision so for £150 I thought I'd take a punt. This isn't too far away (Chester) and I've not seen many that size, plus the price is great, so just need to get some courier quotes now.

Owl, do look after yourself

Jacobean... you would think that workmen would have realized it is generally the lady of the house who organizes things that need doing....in our house it is deffo my mum and my dads sister is the one who decides what is getting done at their house too.... that workman sounds like a right nob... wonder how much work he has lost with that attitude?

Merledogs how weird with the phone...... can you check your call log?? hope it doesn't happen again! glad you have found a sofa and hope you can rehome your old one easily

i got a phone call yesterday just as i was off to get my haircut..... it was the hospital, i was due to see a new ENT bloke on the 28 jan....asked could i go today instead! so i am off to the hospital AGAIN... think i might just move in to that place...wonder if it has anything to do with my consultant who is sorting my Wegeners out... i know i told you all about the conversation regarding my superdry coat well there was another conversation that took place that left me highly embarrassed..... we had been talking about things and he had been saying about my levels and had been asking about my job etc and then he said (well i thought he said) "what about peanuts" now we had been on about my kidney function so i assumed the protein in the nuts had done something..... so i told him yes i had had a few over xmas and asked were peanuts bad for you then? he looked at me very very strangely shook his head and said " i was talking about periods" Lol i was sooooooooooo embarrassed, i am just wondering if he has requested they speed up my appointment to avoid me and him any further confusion Lol my mum has now taken to calling me "peanut"

Hope the appointment goes ok today Griff and any news isn't too discouraging...I do know well what you are going through as my mum had Wegeners.

Alex, you don't think one of your dogs has learned to use the phone, do you? :D

I hope your early night has recharged your batteries Owl..take care if you are driving early today (goes for everyone) my OH was going the back roads round to work and says it's very slippery on the roads which haven't been gritted.

I checked my redial and the last number I rang was 1471 at the weekend :eh:

I have managed to amend my meeting at 11:30 to a telephone conversation, so I can stay in my jammies a while longer.

At griff and her peanuts :laugh:

RMF : I've been working a project which I inherited from my predecessor and which has been sitting around for a year with nothing being done. This has been costing the company a considerable amount of money in the meantime. Anyway, we are nowhere near finished yet, but due to my pushing, we are considerably further down the line than we were and are at the point where we are going to start recouping some of the costs. Anyway, one board member (my boss's boss's boss) has taken an interest in this project and I've been keeping her and various others up to date. Following my latest update this morning she sent me an email thanking me for my efforts, following which my boss also sent me a nice email saying that he echoes her sentiments and we wouldn't be where we are without me pushing it. Dunno what to do about all this being appreciated lark, I'm so not used to it :blush:

• Like 5

Have managed to sort a courier for the nooo sofa, who says he can collect and deliver today, but I don't have a phone number for the seller, so have sent emails instead. Probably just as well cos I'd have to do some cleaning before I'd let him in, plus I'd have to move the current sofa, which is v heavy and which had dawg knows what sort of carp behind/underneath it.

If anybody needs any building type work done, I can recommend www.myhammer.co.uk where you can get quotes for job and more importantly you can see feedback from others who have had jobs done. V important or else you could get ripped off.

Done my conference call so am going to do my errands now.

• Like 1