UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Sorry to hear this about your mum Owl, but the good thing is that she is seemingly happy and not distressed in any way. It's good to that she will be able to be cared for at home.

Alex...a very sad time for you, you'll be glad to see the back of October. :GroupHug:

Something to look forward to for you Jazz!

Thank you. Knowing what people can be like with senile dementia, we have got it easy. I've seen it coming for a long time and have finally persuaded sister and aunt that mum's mental state was not going to improve much. It did get a bit better over the last few months and I think they expected continued improvement, but I felt we should not be too optimistic. They had just taken this on board when we have this new development, so at least they were prepared for it. It feels not so much like her mind has stopped functioning but that it has simply walked off and gone somewhere more interesting.

Hope you have a good time at Christmas, Jazz.

Sorry to hear about your mum, Owl. Could she had a small stroke?

My MIL had a stroke and she was like your mum afterwards. She knew who she was and she knew who we were and where she was- in hospital. But the part of her brain that was damaged was the part that gave her the impetus to do anything. So she would sit with a cup of tea in her hand but not drink it until you told her 'drink your tea' for each drink of it

She could only walk with a zimmer if you told to move that leg, then move that leg etc.

She also fell asleep a lot.

She knew what Xmas was but if you had said it was Xmas in July she would have believed you.

Conversation was interesting. At first we thought she was talking rubbish but one day we realised that she was answering the question before the current one asked. However, she would remember the next question asked and answer that when you asked the next one.

((hugs)) Alicia & one for you too Phoebe ((hugs))

This damned cold is now taking the piss - today is day 10 since it started and its not getting any better I can't remember having had a cold where I had 10 days of non stop sneezing and dripping, I'm absolutely exhausted as the sneezes are really physically taxing, all my diaphragm muscles and the muscles in my back are now sore and protesting, add to that I'm not getting much sleep as the sneezes are waking me up or preventing me from sleeping in the first place. The handyman bloke who came yesterday said everyone he knows has got it, and he himself has now had it for almost a month! I would very much like it to fcuk the heck off now please and thank you.

Good Morning Fugees :wavey:

It looks like a pleasant morning here, blue sky & quite mild. I shall be off for my swim shortly.

I just did a reply with multiple quotes & everything, then the quotes all got mixed up & I couldn't remember who was who :confused02:

Anyway, sorry to read about Owl's mum, dementia is horrible, my mum had it :(

I hope Snow's cold gets better soon ((hugs))

Yantan - I'm watching out for Archie Dog's first television series :cool2:

Jazz - ((hugs))

Merledogs - Retirement rocks

@blackmagic, we did consider mum might have had a mini stroke, but she had one many years ago and got everything back quite quickly. She is showing no signs of improvement, and talking to her carers and putting all their experiences together I realise that there have been minor signs of this coming. A couple of times last week when she could still write she signed time sheets with a previous surname, but the carers concerned weren't her regular ones and didn't know this was a new development or that she was only Cooper for 6 years and had been Maizel for 64 years. Could be a series of mini strokes which sometimes happens with very old people.

Will be a busy bee today with many phone calls, and hope to get a lot of things sorted out.

:GroupHug: Owl but pleased your mums in a happy place if you get what i mean.

:GroupHug: for Alex and Snow

Well i have a stoned dog :laugh: Izzie yet again has done her shoulder and leg in , this time is the best yet. She doesnt do pain so is dosed up on metcam which gives her a happy dazed look! Vets think shes done muscle, tendons etc again, she was so bad last night i thought it was broken/fractured. All she was doing was chasing her football then suddenly came to a standstill and couldnt put her leg down.Iz is weight bearing to a certain extent today but she also has a hip problem on same side so its not good. She is insured but hoping to hell surgery isnt needed , its just a case of keeping her quiet and seeing how she does.

:nerd: Hello, read back then forgotten what I had intended to say.

So hugs to any that need them.

I have a few days off for no particular reason :D I will try and get some cards made and also some of the dreaded housework done. So far today I have achieved the square root of nothing :woof:

Our agility club had it's final 'challenge' of the year yesterday, we do four over a year just for club members. Thankfully it stayed pretty much dry all day and not too chilly either, we managed to get finished and packed away just before it got dark as well. The club has levels that you work to achieve and yesterday was nice as the placings were spread out between dogs, no one dog bagged all the firsts.

Molly is still in Level 1 as she is a little excited and sometimes does silly things :confused: however yesterday she was much more controlled and got a first and a second out of her three runs.

Glen has just moved into Level 3 and I didn't think he would get anything other than maybe clears as he is slower than the other dogs, doubting Mummy...he got a first!

We also do a class which consists of one dog running with two handlers, Molly was first with me and my friend Annette and Glen was second :cheer:

Poor Izzie. Sending positive healing thoughts for her.

Well done to Glen, Molly and mum!

Owl I'm sorry to hear your mum's condition has taken a turn for the worse. Archie has baked some biscuits for Wispa this morning which he has asked me to parcel up for the post. Are you around to take delivery tomorrow? (or the next day if Royal Mail stuff up on the 1st class delivery)

Snow that's been a cold and a half. I hope you feel much better soon.

No emoticons this morning - sorry!