UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Evening

Ouch poor Izzie.

Sorry your mum had a stroke and hope that she is less confused over the next few days.

Marion glad you got out into the fresh air for a bit. Congratulations to DW & oh and welcome little Evie. Boy she did go walking up hills while close to her time then!

Well done to Molly & Glen

Hope you've not been overdoing things Jazz. Take it easy and look out for you for a change

Great blinds snow. We don't use our conservatory and I really need to do something about it. It's going to rack and ruin. Not helped by the fact there isn't any heating out there. Is it easy to put central heating in? The window sills all need replacing now I think. Shove off cold enough is enough erm but don't come here

We have one long radiator out there, which needs bleeding as at the moment its struggling a bit at night as only half of its heating up, however, all we do is bung on the fan heater for 30 mins or so before we want to use it at night and that makes it quite comfortable, we had Xmas dinner out there last year and will be doing the same again this year, our plan always was to be able to use the conservatory as a dining room and eat at the table. I don't think it can be that hard to put a radiator out there if you've got a solid wall to run it along, it's really only an extension of the radiators in the main house, my father had the conservatory built after they bought the house so he had the radiator put in long after the central heating had been done in the house.

Ours would stay warmer if we weren't using it as a backdoor for Nog at night, its just so convenient as with it all lit up we can see him out in the garden at night and because we have astroturf as flooring in there it doesn't matter about his wet/muddy feet when he comes in and I can wipe him down before he comes onto the lounge carpet.

Morning Fugees :wavey:

I can't do quotes very well on here :confused02:

I hope Owl's mum continues to improve

Jazz - look after yourself

Snow - lovely blinds

Congrats to Archie's Dog Walker, so glad they weren't up a mountain for the arrival

Apologies to anyone I've forgotten.

I will be back later but right now, my dogs are demanding breakfast.

morning all

I am taking the opportunity of working from home today. As we don't really work as a *team* I can't be bothered to sit in an office on my own..well actually I don't mind sitting in an office on my own in comparison but not when the office is an hour and a half away by train...

The sun is shining, but it is rather cold here today, hopefully the sun will warm up the flat a little though as we only have panel heaters having chucked out our old decrepit storage heaters last year. Couldn't cope with the intense heat and then freezing cold as it all disappeared.

Lots has been going on, Jazz I hope you are feeling better soon.

Owl, glad to hear your Mom is improving but sorry to hear she had a stroke.

Snow, lots of bugger off thoughts for your cold, but like Michelle can it bugger off in a different direction to me pwease!

Welcome to the world little Evie - and I hope Archie had fun sniffing out rabbit holes (excellent bakery name :-))

How is your job going Alex?

I am sure I have read more (in fact I remember congratulations on THE wedding dress being found! Even better that it is a sample dress without the need for alteration!

Love and hugs to everyone

Mxxx

just remembered my exciting news...(apart from being god mother to my nephew last sunday which is also exciting) is I met up with a friend I hadn't seen in 3 years on Saturday. As we live much closer than we have done for years we have promised to meet up more regularly! Scary thought when you realise that you have known the first friend you made at University for half your life, when you are sure you only left a few agos!!

Edited by murtle
  • Like 1

Congratulations to Molly and Glen, lovely dogs and very pretty rosettes! I've got a box full of rosettes won over the years by dogs now long gone, and quite a lot from my daughter's pony eventing days.

Snow, I like the blinds and your dragons are gorgeous. We have a teeny conservatory but it's all glass..no brickwork at all...and although it's ok in the summer, once this time of year arrives I spend half my time wiping down all the upvc as it develops mould. Does anyone know if an all glass conservatory can be adapted or would it have to start from scratch? can't afford that unfortunately.

I'm glad your mum is recovering Owl, thank heavens she's at home and not in hospital or they'd have her on the Liverpool Care Pathway by now!

Sunshine here this morning...wonder if it will last? It's far from quiet on our street, the council are working on some houses which need urgent repairs and the Gas Alliance have put out their barricade boards at intervals all up the road and have just unloaded a mini digger and a lot of men with drills etc. They are bring the road down to one lane and as a lot of people park their cars on the road and it's a bus route it could prove interesting! :confused:

Morning, we got back late last night from Cornwall, lovely little cottage, the dogs did us proud. Caught up with my bessie mate and her hubby which was fabulous, but the 'charm' of Cornwall is lost on me, with their sideways rain, permanent damp and utter lack of anything useful on the doorstep!

http://www.holidaycottages.co.uk/cornwall/south-cornwall/trefrize

I have speedread back and see I've missed loads: Thinking of Owl & her Mum - hoping she continues to pick up after the mini-stroke. Jazz, you take care. Congrats to San & her gang. Erm..... forgotten the rest, sorry! Must get my head round the multi-quote thing.

So I have a fortnight of frantic planning before my hospital visit, which includes making provisions for my dogs and my bunnies and aftercare for me. Phils work are being arses regarding his annual leave and I REALLY don't want my Mum rushing up from Newbury at her age...... lots to consider....

Anyhoo, have yourselves a wonderful day, may be back later xxx

Esther, the stand-in dog walker, has just been to collect Archie and he was very pleased to see her :)

Murtle it's frightening how fast time goes by isn't it! I'm glad you got to meet your old friend.

Ah I see Claz is back :) Cornwall sounds a lot like the Lake District then!

I'm waiting to hear from my friend in Connecticut as it was blowing a hooley last night due to hurricane Sandy. The power was flickering whilst she was writing her email to me. She told me her dogs are really unsettled and keep pacing back and forth. She and her family were all staying at home yesterday and today as schools and most workplaces closed up. Even if they wanted to go somewhere they couldn't as roads around her area are closed to all but emergency vehicles. She is worried about her 91 year old father-in-law who lives only yards from the sea front and is hoping his house hasn't been swamped.

How is your job going Alex?

It's ermmm, a bit like being chucked in at the deep end without any armbands. Having said that, it is keeping me busy and the people (especially the blokes) are lovely, including my boss. On the bright side, today I added the first savings of the year to the pipeline (our financial year runs from October to September for some reason). Will have to rib the blokes about that one and tell them to try and keep up :moon:

Have a lovely time with your friend :flowers:

I'm waiting to hear from my friend in Connecticut as it was blowing a hooley last night due to hurricane Sandy. The power was flickering whilst she was writing her email to me. She told me her dogs are really unsettled and keep pacing back and forth. She and her family were all staying at home yesterday and today as schools and most workplaces closed up. Even if they wanted to go somewhere they couldn't as roads around her area are closed to all but emergency vehicles. She is worried about her 91 year old father-in-law who lives only yards from the sea front and is hoping his house hasn't been swamped.

Truly horrendous the damage the storm has done. Whenever anything like that happens, I always worry what happens to the animals :( Hope your friend and her FIL are okay :flowers:

Of to Norfolk tracking, big thank you for Archie's biccies which have just arrived so we will take them with us x Expecting to get back late tomorrow.

Good luck with your tracking :flowers:

RMF : It's bluddy cold.

• Like 1

Lots happening on the forum these days and it's great to be part of the community. However I am hopeless at multiquotes so I'll just say hi and lots of hugs!! x

Lucky conservatory peeps - I would love one - if fact I would even settle for doors out of the dining room into the garden but as I am housing association then that isn't going to happen. If I was to win the lottery I would be like that bloke in the papers this week and refuse to move out cos I love my house and have the 'alterations' planned down to a T. What I would do tho is offer the HA so much money to buy it that they could build a couple of modern houses in it's place. We'll cross that bridge when the cheque comes in!! hehe!!

My friend has just had a callback to the breast screening unit for Friday. We are being upbeat. It's North Cumbria and they were in such trouble a couple of years ago over breast screening that they are having to be extra careful just now so fingers crossed. To take our minds off it tonight we have been planning that she is going to teach me to knit so we can knit some doggy jumpers for the rescues and have been looking at free patterns on t'internet. That'll be interesting!! :)

xx

Moaning :tired:

Fingers crossed for your friend Loo :flowers:

WFH today and off to the vet at 09:00 because the abcess on his gum has come back :( At least I'm hoping it's 'just' an abcess. He's also got a tiny lump on his leg which seems really painful, so will ask about that too. I did think I was going to have to take Timmy as well because I noticed in bed last night that he had a big lump on the front of his head just over his eye, but it's gone down this morning, so maybe he just banged it? They are such a bluddy worry :rolleyes:

I hope your friend finds there is nothing to worry about Loo...I once was recalled after a mammogram, but it turned out to be nothing, ditto after a smear test.

Hope all goes well at the vets Alex and it is just an abcess. Could the lump on his leg be from a sting or a bite?

Glad you enjoyed meeting up with your best friend Claire,even if you didn't appreciate the weather! Just be grateful she doesn't live on the east coast of Yorkshire, where I was born and brought up...you'd really know the meaning of cutting wind and horizontal rain then. Good luck with finding carers for the dogs and yourself.

It's Rosie cav's fifth birthday today! :cheer: :cheer: I haven't bought her anything special (bad mummy!) she's quite chunky enough without more to eat, and she just destroys any toys you give her, so not much point. I should have been warned really, getting a pup born on Halloween...her kennel name is Aphrodite, it should have been Hecate! :D She's a little madam, but I wouldn't want to be without her.