UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Good about the meds, Suzeanna.

Things have gone a bit hectic here as my mum has suddenly deteriorated in mental state. She isn't unhappy thank goodness, but is mostly either asleep or in a dozy happy dream world. She can remember me and my sister but can't remember where she lives, and has forgotten how to handle cutlery and cups. She can walk on her zimmer but only if you push each leg forward in turn. Getting social services in to re-assess her. Bless her, she made all provisions in advance, so I can get power of attorney by just going to the solicitor and signing stuff, then it should be sorted in about 3 weeks. And she has saved enough to have full time care at home, which may be necessary. Sister is coming up on Tuesday as her broken arm has mended enough to drive her automatic which is booked for MOT tomorrow. I'll get the GP to make a house call but we decided against calling paramedics as they would take her in to hospital to be checked out, and she would be too confused to understand and would be distressed.

I am sorry to hear about your mum Owl. I shall think positive thoughts for her.

Snow I am with you all the way on the fireworks. People are so inconsiderate to inflict the noise of them on others. I don't know what Bonfire night will be like here because our town has abandoned the big community firework celebration. I think this may lead to more fireworks going off over a longer period as people may hold their own little fireworks parties.

Well we think the friend who came yesterday put the Kiwi right about her behaviour when they met up at the B&B they are both booked into for the weekend. Kiwi paid Ruby the 20 quid she owed her and apologised if she seemed to come across as ungrateful because she really wasn't. She also got an invite to go and stop with Trisha should she ever find her self in N.Z. Ruby said although the payment and apology was nice Trisha is still strange and she'd rather sleep on a park bench than stay with her. I wasn't mentioned and no invitation to stay was extended to me. Eye roll.

Tis very wet here today.

• Like 1

Owl, i am so sorry to hear about your mum but i am pleased that she has organised everything and doesn't seem to be distressed.

Snow, i think the fireworks could perhaps be to do with Eid along with halloween? laney is like Nog, couldn't care less but poor diez is terrified... as you say the problem is the not knowing when to expect them, the other day some eejit let a rocket off at 3pm! i have no objection to bonfire night new year etc but it seems if somebody farts a firework is set off in celebration! grump over!!!

Merledogs, sorry to hear about your toof...hope you get it mended soon

Jacobean, glad you got some decent sleep...my neighbours new dog began barking at 6.55 which was lovely... didn't get my extra hour

sanrosscot my dad loves bread and butter pudding so might need to pinch the recipe off you!

sorry if i have missed anyone and hope you all have a nice day

Hope you can get your tooth sorted soon Alex. You normally get up at 6? Good grief

Normally get up sometime between 5 and 6, depending on how well I've slept. Occasionally I get up at 4 if I can't sleep :rolleyes:

12 years today since my sister died and 3 since my cousin Julian died. My other cousin Mark also died in October :(

Archie has been hexperrymentin in the kitchen. He's made a recipe up which involves tuna and his favourite cheese and made 3 sizes of biskwits which he will be asking Misty, Rosie and Sadie to sample and give him feed-back.

Tomorrow sees him back in the kitchen to make his usual cheese n'garlic biskwits for distribution to his friends.

He's thinking he should name his bakery and has come up with:

Archie's Barkalot Bakery with a strapline of For Discerning Dogs. What do you all think?

12 years today since my sister died and 3 since my cousin Julian died. My other cousin Mark also died in October :(

Alex :GroupHug:

• Like 1

Thinking of you, Alex.

That's nice, Jazz.

Have been at mum's for afternoon and early evening. She now isn't talking, just nodding. Seems to understand who we are though. She can manage a spoon if you put it in her hand and don't let her fall asleep while eating. My sister is bringing my aunt with her on Tuesday, as we would like her to see her sister again while she can still recognise her. I do feel a bit thrown by it all, but will feel more in control of things and less helpless once appropriate care has been organised.