UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Happy birthday Diez :partytime:

Will someone tell me to get my arse off the sofa and get in the shower? I've still got my jammie bottoms on (which I wore for dog walking this morning).

A stove, Alex? no plants? :D

My haemo doc was delighted with my platelet count yesterday, she said it was fantastic! I sheepishly admitted I'd cut down on the tablets as the side effects were getting me down, and I'm taking ibuprofen for my painful hands and she's happily agreed to cut my chemo tablets down to one a day instead of two :cheer:

Fabulous news :partytime: And no, no plants (think I want to see how my cuttings do first).

Ooooooo well done Suzeanna, glad the doctor was pleased with you.

Merledogs.... go and get ready!!!!!

Kittycat, glad you had a good time...... does us good to let go once in a while!!!!

Diez says thanks for the birthday wishes...... she is currently sprawled on the sofa in the sunshine, can't believe she is 12, where does the time go???

Awwww, he looks just like you Maz :wub:

I went and picked up my combi oven, which is now safely in it's spot in the kitchen.

Must have been suzannea's fault for mentioning plants this morning, cos I bought a cherry tree for a fiver at Asda :rolleyes: I have just the spot for it too - I was going to plant one of the ickle baby ones which self seeded off my neighbour's tree last year, but they would take a few years yet to reach the size of this one and I have zero patience.

This morning I dug the dogs' fabric crate out of the garage - I'd forgotten how much they love it :wub: I only put it away cos Max kept peeing on it :rolleyes: but they all love it except Timmy who for some reason will happily go into a covered metal crate, but not a fabric one. Akward little git. I may hunt around for another one cos at the moment every time one of them comes out of it, another dives in.

Edited by merledogs

Awwwwww at the Merle dogs :wub: I am glad you think I look special Alex :oneeyed02:

Archie's gone for another walk with Ruby and a friend who is here for the weekend (not stopping with us!) She brought us both a lovely pink house-plant. She's already had the Kiwi to stay and has got saddled with taking her back to stay overnight on Monday. We have just had the most cathartic bitch-fest about our strange visitor.

Has anyone else seen the Mayhew's photo of the poor greyhound in Andalucia, "trained" by being tied behind a motor vehicle? He looks as if someone has tried to skin him, it's awful. :mad1: The worst thing is it's legal! I knew the Spanish were a cruel nation, I hadn't realised just how cruel.

Good grief, no i haven't Suzeanna....... i think the spaniards are a sick bunch anyway, my cousin is spanish and his father shoots everything, my aunty got dragged to a bull fight and they threw the ear at her and she caused an outrage when she threw it back!!!

Merledogs, i got mine off ebay, it is massive, like the biggest you can buy and it cost me about £50 including delivery, got it for bonfire night...diez goes in it happily all the time except for bonfire night!

Yantan, don't blame you for having a grump about the Kiwi... personally i would have punched her!

The more I hear about Spaniards treatment of animals the more determined I become never to go there and spend any tourist euros.

I did work in London with a lot of Spanish girls and they were lovely but they were all, with the exception of one, animal lovers and didn't hold with bullfighting and the like. It was nice to meet Spaniards who thought that way.

Ruby is going out with a group of pals as part of this re-union of old work colleagues tonight for a meal. I'm staying put and having tattie pot and watching Quantum Of Solace with Archie :)

• Like 1

Evening

If it hadn't been for the wind would have been a glorious day today. Lovely sunshine. Got some stuff from Batleys, went to see Dad, and Hydro with Scoobs. Kernackered as haven't sat down.

So pleased to hear your good news Suzeanna.

Hope Ruby doesn't bring any human strays home tonight

Great to hear little dachs found and safe.

I vowed a long time ago never to go to Spain because of the festivals they have that involve animals.

Sorry you're not well Snow. Hope you can shrug it off quickly now

Have just been watching you've been framed and thought if everyone was a bit daft the world would be a happier place. No fighting just lots of hilarity and silliness

Edited by Jacobean
  • Like 1

Good grief, no i haven't Suzeanna....... i think the spaniards are a sick bunch anyway, my cousin is spanish and his father shoots everything, my aunty got dragged to a bull fight and they threw the ear at her and she caused an outrage when she threw it back!!!

Merledogs, i got mine off ebay, it is massive, like the biggest you can buy and it cost me about £50 including delivery, got it for bonfire night...diez goes in it happily all the time except for bonfire night!

Yantan, don't blame you for having a grump about the Kiwi... personally i would have punched her!

This is the article about the dogs...sad pics..

http://themayhew.org/get-involved/our-campaigns/petition-stop-greyhound-abuse-in-spain/

Thank goodness Nog is fireworkproof, in fact he will happily stand out in the garden watching all the pretty lights and doesn't turn a hair at the big bangs, because tonight its been several different lots of fireworks going off at different times, wtf for ffs? Its NOT bonfire night, since when has Halloween (which itself is not for another 4 days!) had anything to do with ruddy fireworks? All I keep thinking is of all the poor dogs who are terrified by fireworks, theres been no warning, just random sets of different ones going off then an hour or so later another lot, ever since 6pm. Its so damned inconsiderate, peoples cats are out there, Nog was out on his walk when the first lot went off and just stood and watched the rockets for 2 mins before deciding that the peed on lamppost was FAR more interesting than some sparkly lights lol but had that been Olaf he'd have been utterly terrified they should not be allowed to even sell the damned things until 1st November at the earliest!

• Like 2

I'm stuffed :oink: (SUEP) my friend came round for dinner tonight so I made Lasagne and for pudding made Bread and Butter pudding..it was my first attempt at B&B pud and it seemed to taste alright (phew) I used brioch bread :D

I think I will roll to bed now ready for a long cold day tomorrow at our club agility challenge. :bigtonstuck: