UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

I have had a winge today at work, fed up of being treated like a mushroom and feeling very isolated.

Mushrooms are awesome!! You should remember that :biggrin:

Cheryl :GroupHug: I am jealous you get to meet up with Claz because she is also a mushroom!

RMF: I am going to have an awful hangover for work in the morning!

• Like 2

Morning!!

Did you watch Emmerdale??? It was so good- but I was a little uncomfortable at the scenes in the campervan - even tho I am an experienced (cough!) lady of a certain age and was watching it by myself. Wierd that...... Was brill to see Corries Kevin's little sister as a midwife - she must have retrained after the factory closed down in dinnerladies. :)

I am drowning in a sea of invoices and minuting meetings in the elf service.....and tomorrow afternoon we have a big meeting about the new structure with the new jobs coming out next week. Wooo - progress!!! I do hope I get the job that my boss has pointed out as 'mine', but then a job that doesn't involve minuting meetings would be very welcome!!!

Lady on the tele has just said we will have an indian summer next week. Yeah!!!!!!

Have a good day xx

• Like 1

Morning :wavey:

Thank you for welcoming me back, my memory is rubbish, so although I remember some names, I can't remember anything else about Fugees.

I've had a rubbish night's sleep, just couldn't get off to sleep until nearly 4am :yawn: .There was much rain during the night.

Hope everyone has a good day :)

:wave4: tis me here.

I have been reading the refuge for sooooooo long, and then when the oldies started posting again I though how lovely maybe we can get busier again like we used to be - then realised that me just reading wasnt really helping :withstupid: so I have decided that instead of keeping up with everyone by just reading I better get my bum in gear and actually start posting again :blinking1: . So here I am

Glad the new job is going well Alex. Have you been on the date yet Jayne?

Cant remember whose 'friend' is spreading untruths but I so hope you get to the bottom of it, like Claz said it is probably someone who is jealous of you and wants what you have. :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

• Like 1

Snow, I'm glad your journey wasn't as bad as you thought it might be!

Please you had a good day yesterday PhoebeJo, and enjoy your visit with Claz today :)

It feels very odd being here alone again after having OH home for 8 weeks...just dawned on me that winning the Lottery excepted, I'm going to have to wait ten years for his company daily again...that's assuming they don't move his retirement age forward. :( Depressing prospect.

I hope Cheryl and Claz enjoy their lunch. I agree with Steph - Claz is an awesome mushroom :)

Actually we have a lot of awesome mushrooms here :)

I've had another crap night. I am sooo tired, maybe that will mean I will sleep tonight. I hope so.

I phoned the stand-in dog walker to let her know that I had to go out in case she was on her way. It turned out she was in Whitehaven up to her ankles in water - her sister's restaurant had been flooded! (There was torrential rain in west Cumbria yesterday.) She was helping bail out and apologised for keeping Archie waiting but she would be along for him shortly. I told her not to worry about his walk and to stop put and carry on with the clean up. What an awful thing to happen, the restaurant has only been open for less than a year and so everything in it was pretty new :(

Loo I hope the weatherman is going to be right about the indian summer! We have a Kiwi coming to stop over the weekend, t'would be nice for her visit if the weather was decent.