UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Hope they all appear soon none the worse for their adventures, try not to worry.

Talking of worrying, I was petrified just now. I was feeling very cold and shivery and when I went to type my hands were shaking so badly I couldn't! It seems to be ok now, don't know what the heck that was all about.

OK well now the uncle can't get either of them on their phones. They have been up Scafell Pike - only the highest peak in England! But there is often no signal in the area of Borrowdale where they are walking and have their car parked up. He's worked out that it was just over an hour and half since he talked to them and they were about 3/4 of the way down but had a long walk back to their car after that. If they don't turn up in the next half hour or so he thinks mountain rescue will need to be called in due to Cara's condition. Bloody hell. I am all of a jitter.

Omg Marion - hope they appear soon - hopefully their phone battery is flat, which is why they haven't phoned :GroupHug: :flowers:

Didn't go on the date Loobie - he was sending quite forward text messages, and it kind of put me off (especially when he sent me a photo message of his doofer ready for action!). So the hunt for a nice normal bloke continues :rolleyes:

Bloody hell. I am all of a jitter

I am not surprised. I am watching intently to read they are home safe.

Due to her condition and the darkness it would take them longer than usual to walk down.

I agree, it was not a sensible thing to do in the circumstances. I hope she is non the worse for it. - and Archie and the rest of the party, of course.

Didn't go on the date Loobie - he was sending quite forward text messages, and it kind of put me off (especially when he sent me a photo message of his doofer ready for action!). So the hunt for a nice normal bloke continues :rolleyes:

Did you show your mother what sort of a bloke he is...might put her off trying to pair you up with men in the future!

No I didn't show her - kinda embarrassed about it really. Deleted all the messages off my phone, and am pretending nothing happened! Made me laugh though as he was texting a fantasy to me about me in my riding competition gear (white jods etc), and he mentioned a black lacy bra - I told him that was unrealistic as you don't wear black undies under your show stuff as it shows through :laugh: :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Flipping heck !! probably good that it happened before you went out with him as you never know what could have happened :unsure:

Marion, I am so wishing that they will be safely back very soon :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

• Like 1

Well the uncle has just rung and he and a mate are going to drive up the valley and see if they can locate the DW's car and have a quick scout round for the missing party. If they don't make contact they are going to call the mountain rescue out from the public phone in the nearest village.

I am not mad at anybody - I just want them all back safe and well. I think they were silly to try and attempt such a big walk especially as they didn't leave until after lunch knowing it would start getting dark around 6.30/7.00pm but I did some daft things whilst I was in my twenties and I put this down to the folly of youth. I think they will learn a very valuable lesson. I'm not too worried now about Archie, he is super fit but I am sure he will be well knackered after this.

• Like 1