UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Phew glad everyone is safe and sound Marion!

Glad I'm not on the dating scene if that's what the kids are up to these days! One isn't exactly very fond of the male anatomy and I'm pretty sure receiving photos of "it" isn't going to change to mind :laugh: though women can be equally gross. . . I think being single is a blessing!

Michelle, Of course I remember my drunken message I'm often seen praising mushrooms after a few pints :laugh:

I have work tomorrow put I'm not on duty, because I'm not looking after my Mother anymore I have to pick up random shifts where I can as I gave my full time position up, so tomorrow I'm "popping" (making the popcorn) so ill hopefully avoid all the fallout from the audit :biggrin: I was clearly naive thinking working in a cinema was all about films!

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

Marion - I would not have been as forgiving as you, I would have been furious as well. Still, glad everyone is home safe and well :GroupHug:

Owl - sounds like you had a big adventure as well, so enjoy your day of rest :flowers:

Edited by merledogs

Really glad that Archie and co are home safely!

I have work tomorrow put I'm not on duty, because I'm not looking after my Mother anymore I have to pick up random shifts where I can as I gave my full time position up, so tomorrow I'm "popping" (making the popcorn) so ill hopefully avoid all the fallout from the audit :biggrin: I was clearly naive thinking working in a cinema was all about films!

Hope that you enjoy your shift of popping - sounds like good fun to me.

Good morning Fugees :wavey: I had a really good nights sleep last night, went from around 10:30 to 7:45 without waking up even once :)

Tis a dull, damp & dreary morning here.

I'm so glad Archie and his walkers arrived home safely, but it was a pretty stupid thing to do & I would have been angry with them. I bet Archie would have some tales to tell if he could talk :woof:

Jayne Gooster, I think that sending photos like that is absolutely disgusting, it's like flashing, surely no normal male would behave that way? :barf:

I am ridiculously excited for Nick & Vicky today, they are off on The Ventura for mini cruise :) This is one of Nick's life long dreams, growing up my mother & father in law went cruising around Europe & the Med most years then came back with lots of photos & videos which Nick used to love looking at, then after my father died my mother started going cruising in the Caribbean & Americas and again Nick was enthralled by the photos and videos, we used to go on The Waverley and Balmoral every summer which Nick loved but the biggest boat he's ever been on up to now is a P&O Ferry across to France. Vicky is a little bit nervous about boats so a short cruise on a BIIIIIIIIIIG boat should give them an idea if they will enjoy a longer cruise another time they even want to do the whole dressing for dinner & cocktails thing. I think its brilliant, just hope the sea stays calm for them.

• Like 2

Snow, a couple of years ago for my christmas/birthday present combined my daughter took me on a mini cruise on the Oceana, from Southampton to Belgium. I was a bit doubtful, but it was fabulous...you don't really feel you are on a ship as they are very stable, the only movement we felt was when she was turning to come into dock back at Southampton, when I did wonder why I was going from side to side in bed! My daughter and her husband cruise a lot and her favourite ship is Azura. I must say on the formal dinner night all the men looked really good dressed up, especially one guy who apparently was an Italian army officer, who was in his full dress uniform and attracted a lot of female glances. I'm sure Nick and Vicky will thoroughly enjoy it.

Just as well you are having a day off today Owl, it's very foggy here.

Edited by suzeanna

I am ridiculously excited for Nick & Vicky today, they are off on The Ventura for mini cruise :) This is one of Nick's life long dreams, growing up my mother & father in law went cruising around Europe & the Med most years then came back with lots of photos & videos which Nick used to love looking at, then after my father died my mother started going cruising in the Caribbean & Americas and again Nick was enthralled by the photos and videos, we used to go on The Waverley and Balmoral every summer which Nick loved but the biggest boat he's ever been on up to now is a P&O Ferry across to France. Vicky is a little bit nervous about boats so a short cruise on a BIIIIIIIIIIG boat should give them an idea if they will enjoy a longer cruise another time they even want to do the whole dressing for dinner & cocktails thing. I think its brilliant, just hope the sea stays calm for them.

My son & his girlfriend spent about 20 months working on cruise ships. The first one they were on was the QE2 no less! They worked hard, but had a fabulous time & saw a large part of the world. Cruises seem to have become much more popular in recent years, once the domain of the rich and famous, but now affordable for lots of people.

I hope Nick & Vicky have a good time :)

Morning all - oh I see it's afternoon now! Archie and I had a long lie in and didn't get up until 10.45am. I was zonked last night and slept right through for the first time in a while :)

Archie is absolutely fine, when last seen he was racing up and down the garden fence with next door's dogs doing the same on their side. This is a game they often indulge in. He does do full days up the fells with Ruby and recently completed The 3 Peaks Challenge as some of you may recall so I had no worries about him not being up to a marathon walk. It was the not knowing/pregnancy/darkness that was worrying me.

Steph I had no idea you were under the influence when rabbiting on about mushrooms. I just thought you were just being you.

I am no prude but I find the whole idea of some random man sending you a picture of his tackle very yuk. When did woo'ing a woman with chocolates and flowers go out of fashion?

I wish Ruby would get a move on and get home - she finishes early on a Friday - as she is bringing us something tasty for lunch and my belly thinks my throat's been cut.

• Like 1

Archie must be one of the fittest dogs around!

We have been very lazy today but may go out for a bit of a wander as the fog has cleared and the sun has come out. And I am happy because the extra-long telescopic hedge trimmer which I ordered, which I was told was out of stock until December, is now back in stock and arriving next week. So hopefully I can soon attack the privet and make the place look a lot better.

I have just had a very nice lady here from a local blinds company, they have quoted me almost £300 less than Hilarys Blinds for the conservatory and £150 less for the shutters - have decided to have the conservatory done as that needs doing and we'll talk about the shutters tonight as those are just a "fancy". I've chosen a lovely deep terracotta orange for the blinds which will look great against the brown conservatory plus brown fittings and cords. The lady went nuts over my dragons she really loved them especially the big ones lol

• Like 1

Nice one Snow :) Will you post a photo of your dragon collection some time?

Can you believe that Archie is pestering Ruby to take him for a walk! They are going soon. Phebe our vet did say that if every dog who came into his surgery was as fit as Archie he would lose a major part of his business.

We must get the house tidied today in preparation for our Kiwi visitor tomorrow.

edited for spellingz

Edited by Yantan