UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Collies what a horrible thing to have happen. I'm sending positive thoughts for you :GroupHug: Keep your chin up.

It's the stand in dog walker today. I told her just to come and pick up The Archibald any time it suits her forgetting that I have to go out later :rolleyes_anim:

I am having a great time checking the urban explorers site out that Claz posted yesterday - I love that stuff! However in amongst all the bits and pieces left behind in one house was a bird cage with the skeleton of a bird laying on the cage floor. Whatever had happened to make the owner leave - sudden illness perhaps - caused the bird to be left behind to die :sad02: It really upset me last night and I can't shake it off this morning.

• Like 1

thats awful, hope you get that sorted out xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

trying to get transport to take me for an xray. got it sorted, then they rung back, cant take me till friday.oh goody. I cant get in a car, let alone walk to the car,so need hospital transport

Hello :wavey:

I don't often come in here these days, but it may become my forum of choice due to events elsewhere (which I am very pleased don't seem to have spilled over onto here)

There are still some names I recognise on here, but obviously a lot of new names, so a lot of you won't remember me.

I am now retired and am currently owned by 2 Cockers, Pansy & Betsy, both of whom came from Friends of the Animals RTC. I was previously owned by Dillon, Nelly, Violet & Dolly. Dillon was a Dasha Dog, Nelly, Violet & Dolly were all from Many Tears.

So, I will try to have a read back & catch up with events since I last visited the Refuge :)

• Like 1

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I'm not too good at photos, but will try & post some very soon.

I won't enlighten you on "events elsewhere" if you don't mind. If you're not already aware of them, you're better off not knowing IMO :wink:

Edited to add: I now need to sort out access to the Refuge from my tablet as that is my "downstairs" computer. Since getting that, I never take my laptop downstairs.

Edited by cindere528

Nice to see you, cindere528.

Collies r best, that is horrible, certainly get some qualified legal advice. You don't have to have done anything to that person to cause such an outcome, some people are just like that. If you had offended a true and fair-minded friend they would have complained to you directly.

It may seem hard if not impossible to understand, but some people make stuff up just to see the effect and get everyone jumping around. It makes them feel powerful I suppose. It could be that the person resents you being an independent person in charge of your life. Some folk hate that.

Run free little hamster, what a pity.

I think the worse thing about something like this, is it demolishes your self esteem...why does someone dislike you so much that they would do this? A long time ago (about 40 years, eek!) I had a job as a dinner lady at my children's school. I was off very ill for about two weeks and when I came back, none of the other women were talking to me. It turned out one of them..a woman in her mid forties...had told a load of lies about me, things I'd supposedly said about various other members of the team. I hadn't, but they took her word rather than mine, which was very upsetting. As it happened it turned out ok for me, as I left because I couldn't stand the atmosphere and being ignored and got a much better job, also at a school. I've never forgotten it though and always wondered why she did it, I'd done/said nothing bad to her.

• Like 1

Collies, I'm sorry to hear you're going through this :( I had similar happen when I ran the rescue (Sam will back me up on this) to the point of the people involved asking for an independent witness to watch us do the count after a fundraising day. Given the business usually subsidised the rescue dogs enormously and a day of fundraising often wouldn't break £100, it was all a bit insulting.

The sad thing is, it's often from someone who wants to emulate you, who admires you and wishes they could do what you do, be what you are. One of my worst offenders went as far as having her hair cut and coloured like mine and buying the same bloody car (Single White Female, anyone?). Those days are long gone now and thankfully I can laugh about it. But I know how stressful it was at the time, living with horrible accusations made out of spite.

Maz, sorry you found something upsetting, I'd not seen that one :(

Viv, welcome back. I have to say, it was as an offshoot of 'events elsewhere' that I got chatting to Snow and she fixed my broken password/dead email combo and got me access back in here.

Todays RMF: You can tell it winter's coming, cos I'm baking. Coffee & walnut fairy cakes and cherry and walnut brownies today. Cheese & onion bread tomorrow, methinks. Bang goes the diet.

Edited cos of Fat Finger Syndrome.

Edited by ClazUK
  • Like 1

I give up with some of the police these days..where do they find them? A blind man...recovering from a stroke...Tasered by a policeman who had a report of someone walking through town with a samurai sword, and thought it was him. A policeman who can't tell a white stick from a samurai sword? arghhhhh :mad:

shame I don't live near you Claire, I absolutely love coffee walnut cake! (dribbling at the idea).

• Like 1

Claz I'll be right down to help you demolish the delicious sounding baked goods. This is strictly in the spirit of friendship as I do not wish for you to gain too much weight :)

I'll get over the birdie - love that forum, I am wasting a lot of time perusing it. I know where there are two derelict houses round here :ph34r: One of them has just stood empty for about the last 20 years after the owner left to go and live somewhere else - it's got everything still in it. It was only built a few years before he scarpered! It's a crying shame particularly as it is so difficult here for local people to find affordable accommodation.

I give up with some of the police these days..where do they find them? A blind man...recovering from a stroke...Tasered by a policeman who had a report of someone walking through town with a samurai sword, and thought it was him. A policeman who can't tell a white stick from a samurai sword? arghhhhh :mad:

I've just been reading about this on various online news sites. It beggers belief doesn't it!

• Like 1