UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Well and here was I going great guns sorting out blinds, booking a handyman to come hang my enormous great mirror, which is now done and for the bargain price of £10 however .... the mirror is hanging completely straight according to the bubble level thingy unfortunately the fireplace below it isn't quite as straight so to my eyes the mirror looks all skewiff gonna let Rob see it first and see if he thinks it looks wonky - I havent actually paid the handyman as I've booked him to do another job for me on Monday (sealing the conservatory roof for £20 barrrgain) and will pay for both then and if needs be I'll get him to hang the mirror skewiff ...cept then it'll be wonky and I might be getting rid of the fire surround things are never simple are they? LOL

• Like 1

Nice one Snow :) Will you post a photo of your dragon collection some time?

Yep already took the photos just haven't got round to uploading them to the computer, will do that soon at some point I'll post up piccies of the bungalow as well but not until it's "finished" lol

• Like 1

LOL Rob says it only looks wonky when sitting in my chair - and thats true actually and also rather odd lmao!!

Just had a really nice surprise, citylink delivering a big blue bag with handles, wasn't expecting anything and he said no its a housewarming present from Halifax - just opened it and its full of goodies, Bottle of Red Wine, Bayliss & Harding stuff, Thorntons Choccies, Shortbread Biccies, Jar of Coffee, Box of Tea Bags, 25 piece tool kit & some picture hooks. The hamper itself folds up flat and can be reused in the car for shopping or carrying bottles.

I just googled and found a pic of the hamper very similar to ours here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/britt_w/4908605312/

• Like 1

Woo Hoo! Back from driver refresher training, signed up for another 5 years :bigdrive3: :run4hills:

Sadly no long lie tomorrow as we have an agility show, which is liable to be cold and muddy....BRRRR!

Good to see some familiar faces...I have been around and near a few fugees over the last two weeks but never still long enough to say hi :D

We've had several different mortgage providers and never once has one of them sent us a bag of goodies like Snow got.

I've just listened to the news about what happened in Cardiff. So sad.

Sandra I hope you have a great day at the agility show.

Well our visitor from New Zealand is due to turn up about lunch time. I've never met her or even had any online dealings with her so I haven't got a clue as to whether or not I'll like her. She is a friend of a friend, Ruby met her briefly whilst in N.Z last year when this lady was good enough to ferry her and this other friend to Hobiton. When Ruby thanked her and tried to give her some petrol money she refused so Ruby said "well if you ever find yourself in my part of the UK and in need of a bed..." so that's how it has come about. I do hope Ruby has told her that the bed she promised is a blow up one in the sitting room!

• Like 2