UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

Cheryl, I am so sorry you are having such a struggle, you are regularly in my thoughts and I am sure in the thoughts of many of us Fugees.

Maybe it would help if a few more people knew? Is there anyone you can trust to be sensible and supportive? Keeping up a brave front is very hard work as you say.

Great pics, sanrossscot.

Lovely pics San :flowers:

Bejo - so sorry for what you're going through. Pleaes believe me when I say that you WILL come out of it once you find the right 'formula' which works for you :GroupHug:

Did anybody watch Felix's jump? OMG, what an absolute legend! I got dizzy just watching it.

I wish I could do more than just say I'm thinking of you Cheryl. It took Ruby down in a big way but she is an awful lot better than she was and I am sure you will find this to be so eventually. She was crap at CBT too and it really didn't work for her when she was at her worst although I think she is now able to put it into practice. Sending positive thoughts for you :GroupHug:

Love the photos Sandra :)

• Like 2

Beautiful pics San :wub:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: Cheryl, do you have a really good friend who is local that can support you? I know that when I had depression, just having someone there that could give me a proper hug when I needed one and make me a brew and listen to me pour my heart out did help. You will get there :GroupHug:

I missed the beginning of Felix's jump, caught it about a minute in, that man is mental, there is no way I would ever do that! Picture perfect landing though!

Bought myself a new dyson,tis ace - hoovered my house last week with my old one, but still managed to fill the container of the new one :laugh: :rolleyes:

Just set up email address for the secret santa, I will start a new thread :)

Sometimes Mr Hazell is a huge help, others he's an insensitive pain in the arse. He started today well but has gone downhill :rolleyes_anim: I've kept much of it from the girls and I don't really have any friends in Faringdon. I have a few friends online who have been hugely supportive, and there is one who I meet up with from time to time. It helps to speak to like minded people. My counsellor and I came to the conclusion on Friday that I'd better be out of the house on the anniversary of Alans death so if I'm not in the nut house I'll be with my friend on the 22nd.

:GroupHug: for you Cheryl, I'm sorry you are having such a tough time. Different things suit different people and having the right person to talk to as well as them offering the right therapy makes a big difference.

Lovely photos San - is that a sail-less windmill in the background?

Huge hugs Cheryl. I saw a friend through something similar and am pleased to report she did come out the other side in one piece. I hope you have crisis support in place so that if you need to speak to someone urgently to guide you through and just be there when things get bad then you can pick up the phone and someone is there. My friend had that. Don't do anything you don't want to do and just take it easy on yourself. Different methods help different people. That you can talk about it is a good thing.

Felix jump. Blimey yes he had some nerve. He just wanted to get on with it didn't he and what a landing. My nerves were a rattling and he just seemed so calm. His breathing on the descent jeez

My lovely GP only works one day a week but the surgery know that if I phone to get an appointment they have to have someone see me ASAP. I've only done that once though, I hate seeing strangers. We'll see what happens tomorrow, but I think I'm going to suggest to Mr Hazell he needs to take some time off work. If the last two days are anything to go by, I can't be left on my own at the moment. He went to bed early last night, I played with my meds :unsure:

How often are you supposed to have your meds Cheryl. Give them to Mr Hazell so that he administers them to you when you are supposed to take them and he must hide them away from you. He needs to know this and keep talking to anyone you feel comfortable with. Lots of us are around most of the time.

Thanks to Jayne for offering to do SS this year, I'm in no fit state :mecry: On Friday I finished a 6 week course of CBT which I've been a spectacular failure at. Each week I have to fill in a form, tick boxes etc and the scores from that say how depressed & anxious I am. People doing CBT are supposed to have lower scores each week, mine have shot through the roof :rolleyes: so he's referring me to the psychological counselling team for assessment then they'll decide what counselling to try next. I was assessed by a psychiatric nurse at the end of July, and did really well over the summer holidays, but have gone downhill since, more so in the last two weeks. Tomorrow I'm seeing a psychiatrist :unsure: I'm a danger to myself at the moment so I'm TERRIFIED I'll be admitted to the nut house.

Aside from you lot & the NHS, I can count on one hand the number of people who know how ill I am. I've been brilliant at hiding it for so long. It's hard work and I'm tired.

Cheryl you don't need to hide it any more , you need to let others care for you now. If you are ill and no matter what type of ill it is there is no shame in needing help or medication.

If Mark and I can help in any way please let us know

Sam xxx

Bloody hell Cheryl, I had no idea :( I talk bollox to you on a regular basis on Faceache but didn't realise.

CBT helped me enormously (as did Prozac but that's another topic) but it's not for everyone. I hope you can find something that works for you. Feel free to bend my ear/leak on my shoulder if you want to talk to someone who has narrowly avoided the nuthouse on more than one occasion. Hugs xxx