UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

I had a surprise when I went into the utility room to get the dog food this morning...perched bold as brass on top of the (closed) lid of their food bin was a little mouse! It shot off behind the tumble dryer when I got closer, so I'll have to go on a mouse hunt later.

• Like 1

Just read on facebook that NickyH has said goodbye to Joey tonight :(

Aw poor Nicky :crying_anim: I am so sorry for her loss. Safe journey to the Bridge Joey. If you see my George tell him to step away from the all-you-can-eat buffet.

I hope Simba is caught soon. I think it would be a great idea if you could help with the organisation of the search Claz - you know what you are doing there and it doesn't sound like the owner does. Anyway sending positive thoughts for Simba's recovery.

• Like 1

Afternoon

Tis getting chilly. Sun is showing itself today though. We had hail yesterday!

Have had a relaxing start to the day. Didn't get til 11. Have had some sleepless nights thank to the Scoobs so needed the catch up.

will be doing accounts & website stuff mostly today with a touch of cleaning

Hope Simba is found very soon.

Afternoon :wavey:

Have spoken to Cheryl, and she is happy for me to arrange secret Santa this year, will be setting up an email account in a few days, then will get it sorted :)

Had our quarterly family poker competition last night, and I won :biggrin: Not won before, so was really pleased to win :biggrin:

May be going to buy a new hoover this afternoon from the clearance place on Ancoats in Manchester, failing that Comet have a sale on - might treat myself to a Dyson :)

• Like 1

I've cleaned the inside of the car - well I haven't hoovered it but I have cleaned the windows, dashboard and upholstery. Still stinks of dog :rolleyes:

RMQ : Is anybody else watching the freefall from the edge of space where the bloke is sky diving from 120,000 feet? Finally there seems to be something happening - if anybody is interested, you can watch it live here :pinkie:

Thanks to Jayne for offering to do SS this year, I'm in no fit state :mecry: On Friday I finished a 6 week course of CBT which I've been a spectacular failure at. Each week I have to fill in a form, tick boxes etc and the scores from that say how depressed & anxious I am. People doing CBT are supposed to have lower scores each week, mine have shot through the roof :rolleyes: so he's referring me to the psychological counselling team for assessment then they'll decide what counselling to try next. I was assessed by a psychiatric nurse at the end of July, and did really well over the summer holidays, but have gone downhill since, more so in the last two weeks. Tomorrow I'm seeing a psychiatrist :unsure: I'm a danger to myself at the moment so I'm TERRIFIED I'll be admitted to the nut house.

Aside from you lot & the NHS, I can count on one hand the number of people who know how ill I am. I've been brilliant at hiding it for so long. It's hard work and I'm tired.