UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Sibilant Susurration

merledogs

Hairdresser has been and I'm verrrry pleased she was here 2 hours and we talked non stop (typical Barry girls lol) I love my new fringe and she chopped around my face a bit so my hair now has a shape rather than just being long and straight.

Marian we have hedgehogs, I was astonished at how flipping fast they can run when they want to one min it was there the next whooosh gone never seen Nog so surprised lol Ours are residents which in one way is lovely but in another a royal pain as Nog is fascinated by them and last wee's are now taking agggggggggeeees as he wont come back in until he's sniffed around where they have been and found them, he's not tried bothering them in at all, he just has a sniff and then watches them but if he had his way he'd watch them all night when all I want to do is go to bed lol.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link to the hedgie dinner. I was telling Cara, the DW, about the hedgehog and she said her mum's got a hedgehog house that she might be able to purloin for me :) I'm laughing at Nog, silly old pup! Archie just tells our hedgie to bugger off out of his garden - very loudly!

The DW was telling me this morning that she doesn't want to lose touch with us and would be prepared to come through 2 days a week and take Archie for 2x2 hour walks. So I said I would put something in extra to help towards petrol costs and that if she didn't want to drag the baby off, when she arrives, if we get a day like today (rain, rain and more rain) or just wanted a break I would be happy to have the baba here whilst she and the dogs go off. She's also got plans to contact a couple of people that might be able to help out, one of them is a professional DW who contacted her to say that if she ever needed a back-up for holidays and/or sickness to get in touch but he'd have to come from Cockermouth so it might not be very affordable. For the rest of the time I will just have to take Archie to the park where I can sit on a bench and at least throw a ball for him with the Chuckit which, if I am having a good day, I should be able to use. Anyway I am feeling a bit more hopeful about it all.

• Like 1

Glad it's working out for you/Archie Maz :flowers:

Just had a call from the agency re the V job. They have heard from the bloke at V who says they have a lot of people starting with the company at the moment and this is causing a delay in the vetting. They were slightly concerned that I have started another role and that I am now subject to a notice period, but I told her if I have been waiting around for nearly four weeks for them to sort out the vetting process (and it's still not sorted), then surely they could give me a bit of leeway and wait another week. Hope I haven't buggered it up by doing that, but I did explain to her that I am still very much committed to Vaultex but it's costing me money sitting at home and given that I am on my own with a mortgage and bills to pay, that I didn't want to be eating into my redundancy money so I have to work.

• Like 1

Not sure which area of France you are in Eve but it is very likely that if there is a frequent turnover of horses the "dealer" is just keeping the horses until the butcher does his rounds but I hope I am wrong.

I'm in northern France Rachel, just over an hour south from Calais. Don't think they're for horse meat, though I could be wrong. The guy is into carriage racing and other equine pursuits, as are quite a lot round here. I think he buys and sells in that world. They just don't look like horses on the way to the knackers yard though I have no idea why I would think that as I've no experience in that area lol.

Sounds like good news on the dog walking front Marian - glad you're feeling a bit more hopeful about it.

Fingers crossed V understand why you need to work while you're waiting for security clearance Alex. Your notice period is only a week in the temp job though isn't it and I'm sure V would be giving you a week's notice on your start date.

Pleased you like your new hairdresser Snow. It's really nerve wracking going to someone new.

I hope the horses aren't intended for the table :( An old friend from childhood days goes to well known horse auction hereabouts where the main bidders are interested in the horses for pet food. She has saved a few over the years and brought them back to health. She'd one that she was able to track his history back - he was a thoroughbred racer, sold at one time for many thousands of pounds, who had had to retire through injury and had been sold on and on until eventually he turned up a horse meat sale in awful condition. She had him for many years before he succumbed to old age.

I'm sure V will understand your need to have found some work Alex and as they seem to be able to wait for people whilst the security checks are done I can't see another week making much difference to them

I have named the hedgehog Nobby. I hope he sticks around. It's a shocking day here with the wind and the rain so I am a bit worried that he may not be very comfortable. I threw some more mealworms out before in case he's awake and around to benefit from them.

Oh my god how cute are those hedgehogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 i loooooooooooooooove them! i get very excited when we have wildlife visit us.... i only get a bit narked when it is mating season for the foxes...... they set the dogs off barking.

Glad you are pleased with your hairdresser Snow, i think they are one of the most important people in a ladies life!( not that i would class myself as a lady Lol) if they screw up you can be left in a terrible mess (been there and done that!) and i think you are incredibly posh with your gardener!

Yantan, sorry to hear you may be losing your dog walker but lovely that she has agreed to come a couple of times a week

owl glad your survived your motorway trip!

Gooster Blue is absolutely beautiful

not had a very successful day today, they refused me my chemo at the hospital and i am being rushed through for a ultrasound...if it is like the x-ray i was supposed to get i don't expect to hear from them

merledogs v will just have to realise that people can't live on fresh air! and you had to seek temp employment to get by

kittycat hope your car is sorted and you are right it is a minging day out there!

Edited by griff

Have spent whole day in nightie apart from flinging on a pair of jog pants to keep legs warm. First time I have done that since ankle break in January. Very depraved! But I did do phone and computer work for Doglost. Wouldn't have got away with it but Wispa decided on a duvet day as weather too awful even for a short walk.

• Like 2

Nobby's snuffling about in the garden :) I have put his dinner out - a little cheese, raisins and mealworms. Archie is no longer allowed out there once night falls. He'll have to go in the back lane for his last wee and testament - on a long lead because he plays up out there. It's like some sort of forbidden paradise for dogs and he's not for coming in. Eye roll.

• Like 1

Evening

No maybe her mobile isn't charged up or something Barbara. I would expect her to still be in hospital until at least tomorrow/Wednesday

Alex should be fine. You only have to do a week's notice anyway so it will only be another few days for them to wait. Will have a look at the link thanks

Glad the DW seems to be working out better Marion. How is Archie now?

Fergus & Scoobs went to vets tonight. Thanks for the good thoughts for them. Came up trumps. Fergus seems fine and these things happen at times. Hopefully he'll get his bark back. Although the way he's been going on tonight it could be some time as he isn't resting it! He's had his vaccination. All good. Scoobs lump is prob due to him shuffling along on it and prob done himself a slight mischief leading to build up of fluid while body tries to sort itself out. Apparently it's gone to a good spot that makes sense. Gave him an antibio injection as he had taken a small sample from it to make sure. Checked his teeth. Yuck but no gum disease etc so wants to leave well alone. Checked his heart for me and that's good. Vet nurse knew Fergus's breed and was fawning all over him saying she's going to have one at some stage as has done for ages. Vet kept saying he's so lovely. Whole bill was a whopping £43

Edited by Jacobean

I'm glad Fergus and Scoobs got decent reports at the vets :cap: Archie seems to be OK again, thanks for asking.

Well Nobby didn't eat his dinner last night :( Maybe he got fed up of big black thing swearing at him, though I did remove said big black thing from the vicinity as soon as the swearing started. Or maybe the weather was too awful for him - or the forgaging was better elsewhere - or he just decided to move on :(