UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Griff, so sorry, thinking of you and your family.

Phoebejo, at least you managed to do it, I'm sure the guy wasn't frightened. He probably has all kinds of people crying in his office about all kinds of things.

The beagle we have been tracking in Elvaston Country Park area has just been caught, we got the glad news just as we were about to leave for Derby with a trap. Can now have an evening chilling out instead of facing M1 on Friday evening :confused: , and will go down to the party in the park tomorrow for everyone who helped. There is plenty of shade so we won't get too hot. We always like to finally meet our quarry safe back with her people :cheer: I have met some interesting new people among the beagle crowd who are really into tracking and scent work.

Look forward to seeing pic of cute grey kitten :luvlove:

• Like 1

Evening. Boy it's hot out there. I was cold all day til I escaped lol. Luckily for us our house is surrounded by trees so we're ok indoors.

We all went out together tonight and I got a confused look off one of the regulars seeing Scoobs out with his big bruvs lol. Dad's move is a temporary one. As the social worker said it's a waiting game now until he realises we were all telling the truth and then she can find him his own adapted new home. It's going to be a long wait unless stepmother confesses. He currently thinks she's putting a planning application in to the council to have their home adapted for his needs. Social worker said we have to give him news by drip feed but considering he has been told the truth we have to wait for her to cave in. Unless he sees the light when he realises that nothing is happening.

Phoebejo I think most people if not all have a good old cry when having to relate their life to a counsellor. It's not easy to discuss things with anyone that we keep a closed door on.

Busy weekend planned in the garden. I've got to mow the lawns, dig a new border, attach more trellis to the fence, pull out loads of grass under the pergola which has grown from bird seed, clear all the soil out of crevices where the raised border is next to the patio (it's not cemented so the soil 'leaks' out) and water a gazillion plants again. I'm also going to feed the front lawn, which will need to be done with a watering can.

Morning.

Busy day planned here too. Allotment, repotting plants at home, nip to Dunelm for cushions, clean and tidy up, washing etc etc. Most of this will no doubt, end this afternoon when the humidity kicks in.

Eurovision party tonight :cheer:

Pheobejo, i am very glad that you have your first session out of the way and i am very excited to hear of your soon to be new addition..... i will look forward to photos and hearing his name.

Owl how lovely the beagle has been caught and that there is going to be a celebratory party.

Jacobean, i do hope your dad finally gets that he won't be going home, the sooner he can be settled in his own place the better for all of you.

Merledogs and Houndzrus don't be doing too much in this hot weather!

thanks everyone, my nan has been told that chemo and radio is not an option (she declined the chemo ages ago anyway) she keeps saying she wants to come home but the doctor said she is a long way off that yet. her sister has said to her it is better to stay and get everything put in place for her getting home so she hopefully won't end up back in hospital again, i don't know how she is staying sane..... she won't let us do the tv thing for her so she is sat looking at the 4 walls! i have offered to take her a portable dvd player but my aunty says she won't be bothered.

Morning. Beautiful day again.

Maybe it's the hot weather making you sleepy Alex. Especially if you've been gardening too

Hope your nan is home soon Griff. My dad was the same. Must be horribly boring. The routine of staff wandering around and the day being broken up with different rounds, meal times and visitors helps. Make sure she's drinking enough as the nurses don't watch what patients are eating and drinking.

Don't know what your doing at the allotment when you're supposed to be sorting out the party food for us Marge. Tut.

• Like 1