UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Astonishing Allocution

merledogs

I use cosy harnesses for the Viz Alex and think they're fab. Have been trying to find a link in my favourites but darned if I can see it.

Have had a hellish week and currently trying to work out if there is any way my dad can come live with us. Would need to adapt the house for him but major problem is us both being at work and him needing to go to the loo. I don't want to put him through the indignity of me having to help him in that department.

So sorry I havent been on for ages but things were not too good with son - but he moved out on Saturday and the difference is amazing, the house is calm and quiet, the dogs are calm, his brothers are so much happier, one of them is even coming out of his room to spend time with me. It is as if the house has breathed a huge sigh of relief :cheer: :cheer:

• Like 3

Jacobean, could you contact your local council and see if there are any grants available to help you adapt your home for your dad?? i know here my mums friend bought a house, had it all adapted with a lift and downstairs bedroom and bathroom for free..... hope you manage to get him home.

Loobie congratulations!!!!! have you changed the locks yet??? long may the new peace last.

• Like 1

Please to hear your news Loobs
:)
As Griffalo said, get the locks change if you haven't already!

We're having a very giddy day in work today for the second day running. Couple of my colleagues hosted a 'Meet the Buyer' event in Edinburgh yesterday and were given a 'sample' by a bloke who went along to try and sell this product. It has been described by one colleague as "alka zeltzer for the lady garden".
:biglaugh:
Of course being so adult we've actually been in hysterics looking at the product literature, especially since it was written in one of the eastern european countries so the english isn't great.
Edited by merledogs

I had a blood test on Wednesday, for the theoretical reason that it speeds up the time you have to wait to see the haemotology doctors today. So why did I still have to sit there for an hour after my appointment time?? Only two doctors on instead of three didn't help, but one of them seemed to be doing sod all...he saw one patient in the time I was waiting. The other guy did apologise for the wait and I told him it would help if his colleague pulled his weight instead of doing sod all for most of the time....he winced slightly and lamely said maybe he was on the phone??

I had a letter through my door when I got home from someone asking who would be willing to help him start up a campaign against the surface mining that is being proposed, so I've emailed back and said yes I certainly would. I've been trying to ring the local paper, but no one ever seems to be there.

Loobie, I'm so pleased for you that your house is finally a happy one, lets hope he doesn't find the grass wasn't greener after all and want to come back!

suzeanna, keep trying the paper and ask to be put through to the features section. I should have the number of a features reporter but can't find it.

alka seltzer, Alex? You mean it makes it fizz? Interesting.

• Like 1

Anyway Marion, how on earth did you find that??

It came up on my news feed as a featured article - I think it was at the Daily Mail site.

Come on in Bones your time is up mate!

And now I've forgotten who else I was going to mention :rolleyes_anim: