UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Astonishing Allocution

merledogs

Aw my aunt has just been on the phone to tell me she lost her dog today. Some of you may remember him as Anam who was rescued from appalling conditions by Sarah from Egar. He was Dan to us and has been with her for four years. He'd gone a bit senile recently but otherwise was doing ok. She found him in a pool of blood this afternoon and it turned out he had a tumour in his throat. Although the vet could have operated Sheila decided not to put him through it particularly as it would only have been putting off the inevitable.

He's had a lovely 4 years although he lost his dad 18 months ago which made him a bit low but he came round. He's always adored my aunt and been a real mummy's boy. My George and he were great friends and I hope George is busy showing Dan round the grounds at Rainbow Bridge.

N'night Dan The Man, you were much loved and won't be forgotten :wub: :mecry:

Dan when Sarah found him

egar.jpg

and as he was for the last few years

Danlookinghansum.jpg

Oh Marion I'm so sorry. It's never easy no matter the circumstances

Snow I'm pleased the day went to plan for your mum. You take care of yourself in the coming months. The house and job sound promising. Hopefully your brother is a goodun and will let you hang on to the house until you can sort mortgage out anyway. Fingers crossed.

Bones stop messing about and go to your folks now.

Hope the meeting went well Alex.

Have been back to vets with Scoobs. He's had another B12 injection. I don't think they're making any difference but hey. Have been advised if he would put up with it hydrotherapy probably worth doing.

im sorry xxx

ive spent 24 hours sorting out a rescue of a dog. as I was about to get out of the car, the people text to say they have decided to keep the dog. Im a fosterer, fundraiser, not running a rescue. with the transporter and fosterer sorted and ready, I was a tad pi$$ed off!

will I do it again? you know I will lol

Snow, I'm pleased for you the funeral was so well attended, it must have comforted you to know your mum was so well liked....I hope your OH gets the job (or any job!) so you can buy your mum's place and start to feel secure again.

Jazz, it's a good thing they've decided to keep their dog..at the moment....but you might still get another call to say they've changed their change of mind!

Yantan sorry about your aunt's dog, but I'm glad he had four happy years.

(I must remember to log on with Firefox, not IE..still no smilies on IE!) glum face....

:dwet: Yuk!

Lol love that smiley. It's persistently raining here too and dogs haven't even braved it out for a wee. Wimps! Wish it would clear up as I've loads to do in the garden but it's forecast to rain for the next week.

Glad the funeral went as well as it did Snow. Fingers crossed for Rob getting the job and you getting your mortgage. As Michelle said, would your brother be happy for you to live there if needs be till things are sorted if you have to leave your current house?

Sorry to hear about the horrible behaviour of your hopefully soon to be ex stepmother Michelle. Hope you get things sorted for your Dad. I wish mine would agree to come and live with me but he just won't. He rattles around a house far too big for him and has had a few black outs but he's a fiercely independant old sod and insists on staying put. Won't even consider moving to assisted housing as he's convinced it's the slippery slope to being put into care which none of us would ever do. It's a worry though.

Yay for Marion's niece passing her test but so sorry to hear about Dan the Man. I remember when your aunt got him from Sarah, and it's so lovely to know his last years were so happy.

That's so annoying Jazz, but yes you care so you'll do it again lol

Yantan so sorry to hear of the loss of your aunts dog, he was very cute.

Jacobean, hope if you do try scoobs with hydro he likes it...diez loved it and laney hated it.

Jazz, i hope that the dog stays in it's home and they don't change their minds again and well done for putting in the effort.

Eve, parents can be stubborn s*ds! i live with both my parents again (i am like a boomerang, i leave i come back i leave i come back although this stay has been longer than i anticipated due to my health) they can frustrate the hell out of me sometimes!

you know i said i broke my dads lawnmower yesterday... well it fizzed and smoked and stopped, i hit it and it got going again but it is knackered.... i have just broke the kitchen extractor fan too!!!! i told my mum and she just told me not to touch anything else in case i break it and my dad to my shock didn't go mad! i have ordered a replacement part and hopefully that will be it now, can't afford anything else to break, just cost me £65 for the part for the extractor and i now still owe him a lawnmower.

Thanks for the lovely responses to the loss of Dan. I went up to see my aunt this morning and she was having a little weep. She's going to borrow Archie from time to time so she has company on walks - she's 79 but so fit. She's talking about having a foster dog so if anyone knows of a rescue who would allow a 79 year old to foster shout up!

It's raining fit to bust here :snorkle: You Manchester peeps are certainly getting your water supply topped up at Thirlmere.

So do I, run free dear old soul xx

Snow, glad so many came to pay respects. Good luck to OH for job.

We have torrential rain and lots of swallows who have suddenly arrived and may be wondering why they bothered.

I might be avoiding FB until I have cooled down. Apparently there is no excuse for my not having caught Bones after being on her trail for 8 weeks with a tracker dog. The person concerned has not been to check out the area let alone helped in the search, though has made several suggestions. Some were helpful, but one was mind-bogglingly unhelpful and bizarre and also illegal. If I had said I would give it a go, I would not only have been excommunicated by Doglost but prosecuted by the local cops who have so far been supportive in this search, and quite possibly sectioned!

Bones was at the bins last night a mile away from where I was waiting for her in the wood.

I'm sure there are several rescues who would welcome a fit 79 yr old fosterer. You could try Greyhound Gap, they are always seeking fosterers to take on hounds who have been assessed in their kennels and they usually have a few nice steady mature ones. Or Oldies Club?