UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Astonishing Allocution

merledogs

Archie is gorjuss and so is his new girlfriend :luvlove:

Can I ask you where you got Archie's harness from cos I'm looking for new ones for my lot?

It was made by Al from TRPD who sadly is no longer with us. Archie could do with a new one - this one's about 6 years old. I can't find anything like it.

awwwwww archie looks so happy!

Merledogs, i have lupine harness (well had) and they are great, last well, mine are 7 years old now and if you look for retired patterns you get them quite reasonable, i have linked to the 1inch retired patterns but there are 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch options and they are guaranteed! even if chewed!!!

http://www.collarways.co.uk/pages/retired-1-patterns/6313

Thanks Griff, but the Lupine ones are no tthe right shape for what I want.

I liked Archies because of the way it sits across his chest.

I have seen some padded ones in Pets at Home - although the fleece ones they've got now have lasted for years but are looking a bit scruffy.

:ohmy: £4 was a really good price, the latest harness i have bought for laney was £50 :ohmy: hopefully that will be the last i need to buy him. just had a lovely walk and made it between showers :pinkie: it also meant i had the field to myself although it was a bit boggy. just bought a pressure cooker thing off QVC that goes in the microwave, my dad can use it and hopefully i will be able to find some recipes, you can make a chilli with all raw ingredients in about 8 minutes :ohmy:

Just had a letter from EON, they wanted to put up my direct debit from £87 to £113 per month! eek! One rather heated phone call later and they've agreed to keep it as it is, so long as I clear any amount I owe when the bills come in. I really really need a job..anyone any ideas of what I could do? I can't stand for long periods, so shop work is out...my wrists give up after too much typing, so office work is out...I'm ok lying down.........................................!!!

Suzeanna that is a bit of a jump in price, we had a plasma screen tv when they first came out, it lasted really really well but we couldn't work out why our bills were so much..... the t.v died and we replaced it and the first bill we got afterwards was about £80 cheaper :huh: when we replaced the t.v we used sust -it.net to check how much our appliances were using and which items were the most energy efficient.

http://www.sust-it.net/

it is really surprising how much stuff can cost to run

Archie and Sadie look so happy together, bless them.

I came back earlier than usual from the Bones stake-out as there was no need for me .... and missed the eyes in the bushes, the fleeting shadow and the unmistakable sound of her singing. It cheered her family up to hear her.

Alex do these look any better to you? From what I can see they look pretty close to the TRPD harness shape

http://northernhund.com/harness.htm

Oh flip - I just noticed that they are an American firm :rolleyes_anim:

Thanks anyway, but I don't want one with a strip down the back so it's the wrong shape in any case :)

Glad Bones has been heard :flowers:

Whoever thought that one up has no idea about the male psyche. Normally I avoid making gender generalisations but in my experience most blokes think instructions are just another form of unnecessary packaging and bung them in the recycling, only to scrabble around frantically trying to retrieve them when they think no one is looking. Not at all surprised at some of the disasters.

Anyway Marion, how on earth did you find that??

We now have another helper on the Bones campaign, a husky who howls on command and has helped catch huskies before. Hope she can call Bones to her.