UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Astonishing Allocution

merledogs

Yay! My lovely niece has passed her driving test today at the first attempt :cheer: She's got a little motor but hasn't been able to use it due to the insurance costing too much but she's on Google now trying to sort something out. I'm made up for her :pinkie:

Congratulations to your Niece :biggrin:

I've had to object to the social putting my Mother in a home previously, since she owns her home out right it would be a niece funding pot for them, it seems to be all they are interested in. For now they aren't bothering us but everytime she has a stay in hospital they are all over us.

(null)

Moaning :tired:

Yay for Maz's niece :cheer:

It turns out that my newly cleaned car services won't be required because we are holding the meeting in house instead :rolleyes: Oh well, it needed doing anyway.

I've booked Friday off work, so a short week and the weekend after I've got the Friday off and it's bank holiday :D

RMF : Meeting with the director today who I was going to take over to Altrincham. He's a board member so everybody has been told to be on best behaviour. If only they'd seen him at our Christmas meal singing "I am the one and only" on helium. We're going to play "good cop bad cop" (I'm the bad one) today with a supplier, which I know he enjoys.

Edited by merledogs

oooo merledogs enjoy your roleplay!!!! bet you do a wicked bad cop.

yantan very pleasedabout your neice passing her test, my bro had to have a year or so on my dads policy until he could afford his own insurance.

Kittycat, it must be awful having the possibility that someone could make your mum go in a home, a couple of years back there was an old lady who wasn't being looked after properly in a home so her daughter took her out.... the bl**dy police turned up on her doorstep saying she had kidnapped her mother!!!! she had to give her back to the care home but i think eventually the lady got her mum back home

Thanks for all the good wishes, we're home again and have picked up Nog from his holiday at the kennels, the funeral went off according to plan (just about) it peed down the entire time so we all ended up soaked through not that I really noticed at the time. My bestest friend Barita made it to the church which meant so much to me to have her there, but other than her I really dont know who was there, its all a bit of a blur, I do know the church was packed and there were no empty seats. Everyone commented on the flowers, I know we spent a heck of a lot on them as when we arranged them we didnt think about cost and just said we want that one and that one, but I'm so glad we did as mum would have loved them and she deserved them.

An awful lot of people have commented on how good the Vicar was and how impressed they were with his sermon which was really very warm and personal and just right, perfect for mum. It was a very emotional day and I'm wrung out now, I'd held myself together for the past couple of weeks but the tears are now coming and its begun to hit me.

Rob & I are going to try and buy her bungalow, that decision is made, things now have to fall into place though as we'll need Rob to be working to be able to get the mortgage to buy my brother out, we arrived home to a telephone call that Robs been short listed for a job with S Wales Police, maybe thats a sign? Not going to get our hopes up but will try and just take things as they come. *fingers crossed*

Snow, you and Rob deserve some good luck and i will keep everything crossed that he get this job, i am sure your mum would love the fact that you wanted to live in her home :flowers: :flowers: take care and take some time to grieve properly :GroupHug:

my dads car is all repaired after the valet parking debarcle... we got service and brakes done at the same time and the small dent on the boot lid knocked out all for a bargain price of £720, he is thrilled, however we can't have the car back :crying: the bodyshop can't release it until the div who crashed it settles his part of the bill..... which he hasn't done :ohmy: he owes them about £1200 and the lady was very apologetic at the body shop but we totally understand, when she sent them a reminder email to settle the bill she got a real snotty one back.... we have said that if he doesn't pay soon then we will have a hire car and it will end up costing him even more money (up until now we did the nice thing and used our other car), proper annoys me that everyone else has done their part and now the ones whose fault it is won't cough up!!

Snow I am chuffed there is potential good news for you and Rob re: the job and the bungalow. I was thinking of you yesterday. A full church is the sign of a well liked lady.

Griff I hope that tosser pays up soon and you get your dad's car back restored to it's former glory.

I am making fairy cakes - they are in the oven. I've used a sugar substitute so I'm hoping they will come out OK. I just fancied some cake!

oooooooooooooo cake mmmmmmmmmmmm i am crap at baking! actually scratch that i am crap at cooking full stop. can manage pasta or a curry and thats it!

the chap at the car parking place thought that all of the bill had been sorted but he looked into it and has said that hopefully we can have the car back tomorrow!!!! so i would like some sunshine now. could do with my dad being in a good mood....... i've broke his lawnmower!!!!