UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Daily Digest

gooster

Morning

Definitely fight it Mags. Clamper could be sub contracted by NCPS but makes no odds. They reckon they have changed the signs but none of the regulars will have noticed it. Complain to the store manager and see what HE is going to do about it and get your money back. If he says you need to speak to NCPS then fair dos make sure you do. If you don't get anywhere tell them you are going to take it further.

Jayne I'm like Snow. I always need a second opinion when getting new specs and Martyn can't always be with me. Problem for me is I have a very small face so sometimes I end up buying kiddies glasses. I absolutely hate having to change my specs as there is very little choice for me and I often end up feeling like I need more time to work out what's best colour wise and style. So it's not about who buys right there and then. I don't do sales pitches either. As soon as anyone starts that malarky with me, doesn't matter how much I want something or the price I'll walk off. I always buy my specs from the opticians that has done my prescription.

Got Scoobs another snuggly bed this morning so he has one ready in each room. Spoilt? Nah :laugh:

Been to hairdressers and had a change of style. Quite like it. Don't ask for a pic cos I still can't find the lead to recharge the camera.

Stepmums birthday on 27th so have got her a card from my dad. He already sorted her present before he went into hospital. So am taking that to him to sign today. Martyn needs to sort out glass for the wing mirror before we hit the motorways though.

After yesterday's harrassment from boss and her becoming mardy with me for no good reason (she always pesters everyone when they're off) I have decided I am definitely going to build up my book-keeping business and work for myself. I already have one client so this year things are going to change. It looks as though Martyn is going to be made redundant possibly in March. His company stinks. We have both always hated it (I worked there for a year). It could turn out for the best if he disciplines himself and does something.

Cold and blustery day here. One of our bins went for a burton in the night. Viz don't want to go out :rolleyes:

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still not doing too well. I don't know how much of it is just me generally being buggered or which is side effects from the medications :wacko: I was such a gibbering wreck last night I took myself off to bed at 9.30pm just to make the day end :rolleyes: I started reading about nervous breakdowns, read a list of about 20 symptoms and realised I had them all! I used to be really laid back but I've been so stressed for so long now I reckon my brain is like a piece of cheese full of holes that is falling to bits. I'm not quite sure how to get it back to how it used to be again.

Mr Hazell is being lovely :wub: I'm putting the girls to work around the house and they are doing a good job of making me cups of tea and trying hard not to kill each other. I've told them a little bit about what's wrong with me, but apart from Mr Hazell nobody else knows. I've always done a brilliant job of hiding it anyway. So it helps to be able to write here.

My cats seem to know I'm ill and are taking it in turns to look after me :wub: Rory has perfected his worried look and barely leaves my side, even following me to the bathroom :laugh: Rosie has offered me her toy worm this morning. I am touched :wacko:

Unfortunately Cheryl the stress has been quietly building before you even noticed it was there, probably over a long period so it needs some unravelling. It will take time. Be easy on yourself. It will get better. Have plenty of time for you or doing things that you love doing with the girls etc. Let Mr Hazell take up the slack and help with the little details that can niggle or get a bit much. Try and steer clear of anything that winds you up etc. However small they seem to be right now they are huge and are adding to the problem. :GroupHug:

morning all :flowers:

fosters were quiet and clean all night :biggrin:

That's good. What are they?

Phoebejo, it's a relief to us Fugees to hear that everyone including the cats is looking after you. Improvement is going to take time, don't expect too much too soon.

Tons of :GroupHug: sent, just take things one day at a time [hourly if necessary] and dont put pressure on yourself.Did have to laugh at this though, how lucky to have a gift of a worm :flowers:

My cats seem to know I'm ill and are taking it in turns to look after me :wub: Rory has perfected his worried look and barely leaves my side, even following me to the bathroom :laugh: Rosie has offered me her toy worm this morning. I am touched :wacko:

I bought a bonsai tree for a fiver from Morrisons the other day. I am trying to find out what sort it is. I have already repotted him into a bigger container cos he was pot bound.

006-2.jpg

Im sure its MEANT to be pot bound. Otherwise it will grow into a tree

Reminds me of when someone gave OH a bonsai for his birthday. OH hates bonsai trees and promptly liberated it so it could grow naturally. After that OH & I were called the Bonsai Liberation Front by our friends

Cheryl, it's doing you the power of good to talk about it, whether it's with Mr Hazell or here. And good on you for explaining to the girls. I'm so glad they're all looking after you. My cats were a huge comfort to me when I had my miscarriage a few years ago. They just seem to sense things. :GroupHug:

I've been fighting off my depression all week and yesterday just didn't help. It means so much to have support, two or four legged :laugh:

Jazz your fosters sound lovely (any chance of pics??)

Cheryl, just continue letting Mr Hazel look after you, tell the girls just as much as they need to know and STAY AWAY FROM GOOGLE it is not your friend, just relax and take one hour at a time, you have taken such a mental battering for quite a few years you just have to try to relax, take your tablets and let your body/mind repair itself, it will take a while to feel 100% but it took a long time to end up where you are and you have to be kind to yourself and patient, dont rush there is no need to.

Sending you all my love and you are in my thoughts :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Tis wonderful with eldest not speaking (sorry but it is) only problem is that I dont know when he is leaving as he is not speaking :biglaugh:

Cheryl are you able to decorate? If so, start erasing the situation you have been in. (I think you are still in the same house?) start rubbing it out but by bit with paint, decorations, fun, laughter and love. It will take time but will happen, as you slowly learn to love everything around you.

Loobie glad you can laugh again, maybe just tell him what day he is leaving to see if you get a response!!

Alex...if you liberate roots won't you have a tree??

Morning :tired:

Reminds me of when someone gave OH a bonsai for his birthday. OH hates bonsai trees and promptly liberated it so it could grow naturally. After that OH & I were called the Bonsai Liberation Front by our friends

That's what I intended to do with this one, but apparently it's a Chinese Elm, which is tropical so wouldn't survive outside. I am going to let it get a lot bigger though and leave it outside in the spring/summer and either bring it inside or put it in the greenhouse over winter with some horticultural fleece to keep him warm. It'll take a good few years to get it to that stage though.

I've been fighting off my depression all week and yesterday just didn't help. It means so much to have support, two or four legged :laugh:

I hope you manage to come out the other side very soon Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

wonderful with eldest not speaking (sorry but it is) only problem is that I dont know when he is leaving as he is not speaking

Could one of the other boys find out for you? flowers.gif

Alex...if you liberate roots won't you have a tree??

The roots get pot bound when they get too big for the space they are in and they start to wrap around the pot because there's nowhere for them to go. At that point you either need to pot them on into a larger container (which I've done), or root prune them, or both flowers.gif

RMF : Dogs all had the squits after their lamb bones yesterday. I had to get up five times during the night to let various mutts out so am absolutely knackered now :tired:

It's really windy here, so good to see that Frankenfence is still holding his own.