UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning :tired:

Glad I don't watch Corrie any more by the sounds of it.

Am having real problems with my shoulders. Because I'm so stressed at the moment, my shoulders are in knots and I keep feeling a pull in my neck/shoulder muscles, very painful.

I bought my OH a little massager gadget because he suffers from similar problems and they bring on his migraines. He's found it very helpful. It's a Homedics quad massager from Tesco, I see they are out of stock at the moment but they do others (more expensive though).

Alex this is a tip from a physio given to me when I had to go for treatment on my sore shoulder.

Stand at the side of a table or have a chair at your side for support - leaning on the table or chair bend over slightly and let your free arm dangle. Make little circles with the arm, one way for a few seconds, then reverse the circling. Repeat with other arm. It doesn't always give instant relief but if you can keep doing it throughout the day you should find that it starts to help.

But please go and see your doctor because I ignored my shoulder problem for quite a while and only made things worse and I ended up having to have an operation.

Owl I hope your 'puter is soon mended. I miss you posting flowers.gif

Had a slight cry at corrie tonight. I think it makes it worse when you have oldies :mecry:

I didnt think it would set me off but it did.

hi folks, still offline except for mobile phone. Laptop has had malware and nasty fings removed but has come home tonight for me to declutter the mailboxes which are full to bursting. Also I had accidentally downloaded & saved a huge chunk of the bbc wales website and made it into a file! I couldnt have done that if I had tried, I dont know how to. It totally choked up the lappy. So will be a few days yet before I am online as it will go back for complete cleanup.

Greetings to all and hugs to those in need.

I was wondering why you had dissapeared !!! I was going to email you but wont now.

Feckin barstewards have once again filled my garden bin up despite the padlock and chain. I obviously hadn't pulled the chain tight enough before locking it rolleyes.gif At least the bin men have emptied it this time and a kind neighbour from the opposite side of the lane made sure the chain went back on nice and tight so cannot be moved. They've filled my next door neighbours up too. Just wait till she discovers it ohmy.gif

The neighbour that did the chain for me was as mad as I was that someone would do such an unneighbourly thing and commented that it makes you start looking at your neighbours with such suspicion. It certainly does! He's had problems with someone letting their dog poo outside his back gate and we were joking about going halves on a CCTV system to catch the buggers - I'll bet it's the same bloody person to blame for both!

Vexed of Cumbria

Edited by Yantan

Alex, I would recommend going to see an Osteopath. I used to get loads of problems with my neck and back, my Osteopath was brilliant. Mended me when hospital physios failed.

Going back to corrie. I think it was very well done. I find a lot of time in soaps, the issue of losing a pet isn't really tackled head on, they just fade the animal out of the script.

Going to try and get my hair done today, not had it done for ages and it's getting quite long now!

I bought my OH a little massager gadget because he suffers from similar problems and they bring on his migraines. He's found it very helpful. It's a Homedics quad massager from Tesco, I see they are out of stock at the moment but they do others (more expensive though).

Thanks all for the tips re my shoulders/neck :flowers: I have been looking at electronic massagers so will order one and if it doesn't do the trick then I'll go to the docs.

The neighbour that did the chain for me was as mad as I was that someone would do such an unneighbourly thing and commented that it makes you start looking at your neighbours with such suspicion. It certainly does! He's had problems with someone letting their dog poo outside his back gate and we were joking about going halves on a CCTV system to catch the buggers - I'll bet it's the same bloody person to blame for both!

That's exactly what you should do, and then post the video on YouTube :mad: We've had problems down our road with some fecker chucking used poo bags in the front gardens - he doesn't even tie them before flinging them. If I ever catch the disgusting barsteward he'll (or she) get a proper tongue lashing :mad:

Ha - don't even start me on the trees! I have garden burners and a wood shredder which can't begin to cope with the amount of branches and stuff from both dead and thriving trees and ancient shrubs, never mind the stuff to be stored for the woodburner. Then there's the just whole house to decorate. I just keep telling myself that one day I'll get to sit back and have nothing to do. But somehow I think this place is like the Forth Road bridge and as soon as I'm finished I'll have to start all over again lol

Well we've been here 5 years and the list doesn't get any smaller.

We keep finding more things to do.

Alex, I would recommend going to see an Osteopath. I used to get loads of problems with my neck and back, my Osteopath was brilliant. Mended me when hospital physios failed.

Going back to corrie. I think it was very well done. I find a lot of time in soaps, the issue of losing a pet isn't really tackled head on, they just fade the animal out of the script.

Going to try and get my hair done today, not had it done for ages and it's getting quite long now!

I've seen an osteopath a few times as well, and can I just say, I might love him a little bit!!! Suffered with head ached half way through the pragnancy, he cured it in one session, and I never even had as much as a sore back for the rest of the pregnancy, until bubs was born! (then i had back ache cos od no stomach muscles and sore bit from c-sectin, but I don't think I can blame him for that).

ohh and Hi everyone :flowers:

I've seen an osteopath a few times as well, and can I just say, I might love him a little bit!!! Suffered with head ached half way through the pragnancy, he cured it in one session, and I never even had as much as a sore back for the rest of the pregnancy, until bubs was born! (then i had back ache cos od no stomach muscles and sore bit from c-sectin, but I don't think I can blame him for that).

ohh and Hi everyone :flowers:

Hello my dear!! Seems to be a few peeps popping in for a visit that we haven't seen for ages :flowers:

Hello Anne :wavey:

Just had my hair cut and coloured. Don't think I'll be frequenting that salon again. The girl just wasn't interested, I described how I wanted it (like Michelle out of corrie), had to tell her 3 times that I wanted it shorter, and it's still too long *sigh* I also got more conversation out of the girl who did my eyebrows than the girl who did my hair.