UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

snow, I hope you can get some help for your mum asap, it shouldnt be left to you to deal.

Puter still has to go back but it should be getting the internet now. It is not, and owls are hopeless at such fings. Its probably the wireless connection so will get a cable tomorrow to plug it into back of router.

Thankfully a couple of the local dogs on the run are now home, a staff x patterdale and the saluki lurcher. We seem to be closing in on the patterdale family by tracking all the hunting routes used by grandma Jess back to a central area. I can get Google maps on this phone but its too small for me to get a proper idea of what is going on.

:GroupHug: Snow. My Mum used to have flavoured ices and ice lollies when she was having chemo. It stopped her being hydrated and also chemo can cause mouth ulcers because the body becomes so run down it soothes them.

My Mum has been a saint and has been putting posters up everywhere to advertise an event were running next weekend. Im not sure Louie is appreciating all the extra walks. Everytime I come home he looks knackered :laugh:

Aw send Louie to me for some R&R wub.gif

After I had the x-rays taken this morning - both hips so the consultant can compare them - I was told that the results would be with my own doctor in about a week and to make an appointment to see her then. A week! And then when I rang for an appointment I found I can't get to see her for a fortnight rolleyes.gif Oh well I guess I have put up with it thus far what's another couple of weeks.

That doesn't sound normal San but is Tia normally slow to come round from anaesthetic? :GroupHug:

I was surprised too as it was only a pre-med, she is a bit livelier now. I know the vet nurse said that as it's the liver that deals with the processing it would knock her more. One of the blood results shows she is anaemic but i am still struggling to get her to eat anything :(

Lots of feel better wishes heading your Mum's way Snow :liebe94:

:GroupHug: for Tia, when Nala struggled to eat I would smear a bit of cream over it and that usually perked up her appetite :flowers:

:ohmy: Alex that's what time I went to bed! I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight :flowers:

I got power slammed awake by Gypsy this morning, it's not a recommended way to wake up :confused:

Me too Alex :rolleyes:

OK, next instalment from the vet. Not liver, there is some damage but bloods indicating not liver disease. When they did the ultrasound the bowel was swollen and bloods show low protein which means things are not being disgested as they should. Next step would normally be a biopsy but given the reaction she had to the light sedation for ultrasound, they are reluctant to do this unless necessary.

We are going to try a course of steroids in the meantime whilst we wait for the rest of the bloods to come through. :wacko:

Edited by sanrossscot

Hope Tia is feeling better soon :flowers:

Hoping for positive news from Snow :GroupHug:

Had a nice day at work, we were allowed to wear pyjamas in work today in aid of children in need. If I had been sight testing, I wouldn't have done it, as I think if I needed to deliver news like someone has a condition that is likely to lead to blindness, it wouldn't be right coming from someone in PJs. However I was on contact lenses, where things are more relaxed. Ended up in navy fleecy trousers with stars on them together with a navy top. Have been brave and wearing them on the train home. There is a girl who has PJs and pudsey ears on though, so I'm not the only daft one :biggrin: