UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

I'm feeling rather grotty and would rather curl up in the warm than venture out to the fireworks display with the girls, Daisys friend Kezia, Mr Hazell, his brother & wife. But it's an excuse to wear my koala hat and Aunty Kat is bringing sausages made from the piggies on the farm where she works :biggrin: I've been listening to The Vampire Diaries soundtrack whilst ironing and will turn it up loud while we're out. The dogs don't really mind fireworks but just incase I'm drowning out the sound.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go on FB daily but usually just scan the latest updates. I hate seeing the abuse photos/stories as well. There must be a whole lot of stuff I'm missing though, but then I don't have an extensive friends list and I don't like many pages.

Fireworks have started here. Next door neighbour has just knocked to let me know they are having friends round and fireworks later on. At least she let me know. Sounds like Beirut out there already :(

Evening :flowers:

I don't like all the graphic pictures on FB either. Problem is, I "hide" them from one person's wall and the next thing they're on someone else's :unsure:

this has been a strange year, in that some of my "friends" have fallen out with others, and one has fallen out with me, so no one posts much at all that I can see. :laugh:

i mostly update Jack and Cherrys page as they have more friends than me :wub:

Our neighbours are having fireworks too, but they did tell us in case the dogs were frightened. They're not bothered, thankfully, and have just come back from a walk.

I have baked potatoes and sausages cooking, it's a bit of a tradition on bonfire night :biggrin:

Off to Sysonby Knoll hotel tomorow for one night. (it's a groupon deal). Walking at Rutland water at 12pm, so if anyone is around, you are most welcome to join us. (Whitwell car park).

RMF: Christmas music playing in the shops today! :angry:

Edited by houndzrus

I have stayed away from things from a long time and was a lurker on facebook but to be honest I didnt really like the 'feel' of it so cancelled my membership quite a while ago.

I have been battling with depression for quite a while now and got fed up of myself moaning on the boards.

I am making myself post to try to get things back to normal, it is ok for a while but then I crash big time like I have this week.

sorry just realised I am rambling

I have stayed away from things from a long time and was a lurker on facebook but to be honest I didnt really like the 'feel' of it so cancelled my membership quite a while ago.

I have been battling with depression for quite a while now and got fed up of myself moaning on the boards.

I am making myself post to try to get things back to normal, it is ok for a while but then I crash big time like I have this week.

sorry just realised I am rambling

:GroupHug: hey, ramble all you like. And moan too if you feel like it.

How's those gorgeous boys of yours getting on?

Edited by eve

Landlords plus various relatives turned up with food and had a firework-free bonfire party. Baked potatoes finished off in the embers, choice of veg chilli or sausage casserole, cakes etc. My monstrous pile of privet cuttings and other woody rubbish is all gone, and Wispa was so intently watching the party from the window that she didn't notice the racket going on everywhere else. She and Polly had some baked potato and are happy :biggrin: We are all agreed to do the same next year.

Hey Loobie moan away. Sometimes it's just good to say it - or write it anyway. Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I don't know if we have had the worst of the fireworks but Archie seems to want to go out - he was last out at 5pm for a wee and goes ages between wees - so I think because he's been sleeping for the last hour so he's forgotten about being frighty of the bangs and just wants to go out and neb. He may want a wee though so I'd better go and let him out just in case. I'll put money on it fireworks will start up as soon as he gets out there rolleyes.gif

Morning :tired:

Loobie Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Fireworks weren't overly bad here, even the ones next door. It's much worse on New Year's Eve I find, cos they go on until stupid o'clock. I got up at 2 to let the dogs out for a wee and went back to bed but it was fitful so I will be having a nice nap later.

Overall the fireworks weren't too bad here either and had I not had a noise phobic dog they wouldn't have disturbed me, except that we did get a very loud volley of them at around 11.30pm which woke me up with a start and frightened the life out of Archie.

Michelle I'm sorry about Bracken Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif It's horrible to have to watch your beloved pets be frightened mecry.gif

I have a friend coming today so I need to tidy the house rolleyes.gif

Morning all, bit chilly this morning :)

Last night was quite loud with lots of scary bangs going off. I think next time I will either take bonfire night off work, or get someone to help me at the stables. I didn't get there till 6.30, by which time everyone else was long gone. Didn't want to get Blue out of his stable in case he spooked at a really big bang. So ended up trying to do his jobs with him in, which meant he got in the way. Every time a big bang went off he went to go and nosy out of his window to see what it was. As the stables are on the top of a hill, there were lots of bonfires to be seen around and loads of bangs. Was glad when I got home tbh!

The dogs weren't too bad, Charlie was settled in his cage with a rawhide bone and a blanket over the cage, took him out for a wee about 9pm after we had had 5 mins with no bangs. Sure enough they start up again just as we set foot out of the door :rolleyes:

Owl, that sounds like a perfick Bonfire night.

I hate the abuse pics on FB too, and the 'missing dog' ones - I empathise too much with the owners :(

Def fewer fireworks here too, although they did seem to be a LOT louder. Missy totally ignored them (think that confirms she is deaf, although she still shouts when somebody slams the kitchen door or stomps upstairs!) Barney shouted at a few on Friday night, but when I started to go 'Weeeee, that was fun' he decided to leave the silliness to me.......

I have shut them both out of the living room this morning, as I'm trying to stop B lying on the back of the sofa in the bay window and shouting at all the dogs that go past. I went in there earlier and found 11 year old Missy doing it too (for the first time in her life!)

They have both gone back to bed now because it was that or lie on the kitchen floor (and their bed is a double thickness memory foam topper, so obviously warmer and more comfortable than a tiled kitchen floor)