UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

Lots of peeps have either left and some still look but don't post. 'Tis a shame really cos we used to have a really good atmosphere on here. Ho hum, you'll usually find me on here blathering away in any case :laugh:

OK well I shall blather away with you then Alex and anybody else who turns up. It is shame that many have left although I have no room to comment as I was one of them rolleyes.gif

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am here although I confess I haven't been replying much :rolleyes:

Good to see you back Marion, I waved the other day whilst heading north and will wave again on my way back South on Sunday :biggrin:

I have just finished two weeks training for work where I did the training, never realised how tiring it was and how much work goes on in the background. :wacko:

Molly has had fun with Mum and I will have to double check she is in the car when I leave that she is in the car. I suspect Mum may try to dognap her :dry: :laugh:

Waves madly at Marge and Sandra wavey.gif

Archie and I have been for a shortish walk this morning. I am being hampered by a funny pain that runs thro my hip and down my leg. I suspect sciatica. I am 52 but feel more like 82 rolleyes.gif

I have to contact dog walking pals from time to time so Archie has some company. If he wasn't such a little git I would have got him a companion but he will not tolerate other dogs in the house - not even his friends. He will happily go to their homes though and be a good boy with them. He's a funny little fella.

Is it wine o'clock yet? :rolleyes: I have a nice (I hope) bottle of white Bordeaux to try tonight, half price in Sainos last night.

RMF : Still no news about the meeting. My neck and shoulders are scrunched up like Quasimodo and I have realised why I have pulled my neck/shoulder - cos it's so bluddy tense. Come 5 o'clock I will be sitting at home with a large glass of wine, regardless.

Hope you hear about the meeting soon Alex :flowers:

Had a totally wasted journey today, as I wanted to buy a Thundershirt for Charlie. Usually we can just about cope with fireworks if he can sit on somebody, but as he is on crate rest with his leg, I thought i'd get him a thundershirt after reading the reviews. I did some googleing and found that Batleys sell them. Phoned up and they had some in, so off I went. Anyway, I get there and they wouldn't let me in :angry: I just wish the person on the phone had told me that you had to be trade only. Then I'd have taken my dad along who has his own business :rolleyes:

Anyhow, have spoken to the vets, told them all the meds he is on for his leg, and they are going to sort something out for me.

That's annoying Gooster angry.gif

I still have some of George's diazapam which the vet says Archie can have to get him through the fireworks. He picked his fear up from Georgie Porgie. I have to say that for about the last year or 18 months of his life George's hearing wasn't what it was and he just didn't hear the fireworks. I was glad of that.

They decided not to have an organised town fireworks display here this year but I think that might mean there will be more indiscriminate fireworks going off. Damn!

Archie and I have been for a shortish walk this morning. I am being hampered by a funny pain that runs thro my hip and down my leg. I suspect sciatica. I am 52 but feel more like 82

:wavey: Marion, sorry you are in such pain.

Is it wine o'clock yet? :rolleyes:

Not yet,but I will join you in a glass later. should have had it last night as a toast to the Jackster, but didn't so I quite fancy it tonight instead. :beerchug:

I do feel for all the frightened dogs and owners this weekend. Jack and Cherry are not scared, but poor old Spike suffered for years until his hearing went. :flowers:

I feel better now my hair has been done. :guitar:

Afternoon

Got off work at 4 today. I ain't complaining :biggrin:

What did you have done to your hair Marge?

Marion so sorry you're in a lot of pain. :GroupHug:

Jazz hope you've got on ok at the hospital :GroupHug:

Alex hope you don't get home to muchos yuckiness and orrible smells :GroupHug: It's a beggar when you don't know who it is.

Am now going to head off and do walkies while it's still light

Anyone watched four in a bed this week? The old court was on it and the other b&b owners really took against Nqncy. We stayed there with Spike a few years ago and found Nancy to be a very nice person, the B&B was excellent and the food was great. We enjoyed our breakfast in the courtroom too. :biggrin:

Anyone watched four in a bed this week? The old court was on it and the other b&b owners really took against Nqncy. We stayed there with Spike a few years ago and found Nancy to be a very nice person, the B&B was excellent and the food was great. We enjoyed our breakfast in the courtroom too. :biggrin:

I'm glad to hear that - I thought it looked very nice and Nancy was just being honest and direct in her assessments. The people playing a game were the couple who went first.

I did think Caroline was a worthy winner though. I wish I'd known about her place when my friend and I were looking for a B&B near Edinburgh recently as I would have been very happy to stay there.

Im home!

it wasnt a clot ... phew ..... not sure what it is, but could be a chest infection, so have pills to see if they work. lots of rest and because of the scan using dye, I have to drink double for 2 days .. yessssss ;)

love to all

Jazzy the bruised pin cushion xxxx

Glad to see you're home!

I usually organise Secret Santa in October but my October was so bloody horrible that I kind of forgot it was actually October and the time to do it :mecry:

Does anyone fancy taking part this year?

I'm sorry to hear you had a rotten October Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Archie would like to take part in a Secret Santa or even just a pressie exchange with someone so neither of us doesn't know what he's getting.