UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Augmented Inanities

merledogs

Sorry you are so stressed Snow..was that saying the one about a son being a son till he takes him a wife? Both my daughter and my son are married...daughter lives half an hours drive away and my son about four hours! I hear from him, either by phone, text or Skype, far more frequently than I do her to be honest, though we don't see each other more than about four times a year. I think it depends more on the sort of person "the son" is, if you've always had a good relationship, why should it alter just because he's married? so long as you don't turn into an interfering ma in law and annoy the new wife of course, but I'm sure you wouldn't do that. :GroupHug:

Yep thats the saying - which I had never heard before - and it hit a nerve big time especially as within the next few months we could well be moving back to Wales and leaving my son behind.

I'm sure it wont happen however when speaking both to my own mum and my mil seeking reassurance I didn't get any - quite the opposite in fact - my brother who was a real mummys boy when we were growing up barely bothers to call my mum or visit, ditto for my bil, he was the last one to leave home and marry - he was with my inlaws into his mid 30's but once he married he has totally immersed himself in his wifes family (hes not even comming to Nicks wedding as its "too far" ). Granted my own hubby calls his mum without fail at least once a week and often more than that and of course we visit both mums every 4-6 weeks without fail. When I gently tried to tell my son how I was feeling he laughed it off and told me of course he'd visit - on his way to watch a rugby match - OK so he was joking.... I think.... but so not what I wanted to hear.

edited to remove something that was just me being silly and letting my hormones over rule my head.

my son is getting married in february,so im taking tips from you snow :biggrin:

he lives round the corner, but is always busy. he did take me to see harry potter, and is there when its needed. :biggrin:

I was going to get my socks off then realised im picking up special feeding bottles for rabbits. I havent got rabbits so I asked for them because ....... lol

you see, I say no more running round for rescues/charities in case they want the thing, my place is full

then I go and get ....... :laugh:

Aw Snow, I've never heard that saying, but it makes a lot of sense...."oi, I'm not your mother, do your own bl00dy washing" springs to mind!

My OH, doesn't like routine. Avoids phoning his Mum on a set day etc, but contacts her more now she lives in France than when they lived in Solihull. His brother is different, likes routine and are regular visitors on Skype to each other.

I think after the wedding, couples are "coupley" but the novelty soon wears off, and maybe this time next year you'll be saying, my son, nah he rarely calls...daughter-in-law, yeah we talk regularly!

Things do change, but not always for the worse but don't feel that your feelings aren't important, but let nature take her course :GroupHug:

I'm on the case greys mum, currently lying on the bed with the mutts, swigging sauvignon blanc from the bottle (less spillage) lol

:laugh: You classy bird :laugh:

Very well done Alex, you've worked really hard for that qualification, and now it's all yours, woo hoo :bigsmiley:

Congratulations merly one :flowers:

Well done Glen for being ion the radio :flowers:

Wispa got a tick :sick01: and I must have lost my touch at de-ticking. I used to be very handy with tweezers when we had 4 cats, a quick twist and tick gone. But for years I only had pulis and ticks don't like their coat. You could see the little blighters staggering around in a confused state on top of the dreadlocks and squish them. The only place a tick can hook on to a puli seems to be the eyelid or nose and for that I went straight to the vet. Anyway, Wispa must have got this tick in Glos as there don't seem to be any round here and Glos seems to have plenty. I don't have Frontline in the house as we haven't had a flea in years. Tried the tweezers, thought I had got it out, but a lump has come up. I cleaned it with witch hazel but had better go to vet if it is still there tomorrow.

Congratulations Alex. You deserve it, after the work you have put in.

Owl, my dogs have often had a lump where a tick has been. As long as it wasn't angry looking, I just kept putting some antiseptic cream on it and it went away after a few days.

An O'tom tick remover is a handy thing. It only cost a coule of pounds but removes ticks very easily.