UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jumbling

Mrs B

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marge, I am so pleased to hear Mr T has a new found zest for life! :biggrin: I hope your coldsores heal quickly now.

Owl, glad your mum is ok. :flowers: Hopefully she won't give you any more scares.

Alicia, you did make me laugh with your comment about harnesses. :laugh:

Happy gotcha day Pierce. :wub:

Mags!! I didn't realise your jump was so soon! Hope it all went ok :flowers:

Sandra, its not good Glen being bossed by your girls. He needs to come and live with me! :wub:

Poorly car hell is getting worse. Not only is new car potentially in need oof a new ECU, the power steering also failed meaning I couldnt drive it (related to the ECU problems. But I had trusty old astra in today to do a couple of bits only to be told the head gasket is on its way out. :mecry: So I have two cars and not a good one between them. I still have to insure both and this month have MOT'd both and now have to tax the other one too. Now where am I going to find the money to get one of them fixed! I hate cars! :mecry: At least Paul managed to drive poorly new car 30 miles to the dealer so I can ring them Monday to book it in to see what exactly it 'might' be. Thought I was going to have to pay for tow truck too.

RMF, I am going to see a bloke called Dave tomorrow and am pretty excited about it. :biggrin:

Edited by safneo

I have pulled my achilles heel a couple weeks ago and it flippin hurts. Anyone done similar and what treatment did you get if any at the docs?

I have to remember not to stand flat footed and either walk around in shoes with heels or on my toes. It is not helped by clumsy dogs always wanting to be literally on your heels in case they miss something! :rolleyes:

Poorly car hell is getting worse. Not only is new car potentially in need oof a new ECU, the power steering also failed meaning I couldnt drive it (related to the ECU problems.

having been trapped in this poorly car hell when we bought our car, I can sympathise with the frustrations of getting to the root of the problem. Ours took six months to resolve, during which time, just about everything was replaced at huge expense. Nothing fixed it, until we eventually went to the main dealer. It took them three weeks to sort out, giving the car a thorough going over. We actually saw it hooked up to FOUR computers at one stage! Anyway, turned out that the car had previously been wired wrongly, bypassing something. (can't remember what, probably to sell it). It needed a new dashboard, which was fitted and we haven't had any issues since. The work was guaranteed for two years, so that took a bit of the sting out of it, but we wouldn't have spent so much if we'd gone to the main dealer in the first place, but we kept getting assurances from the garage that it needed these parts. :unsure:

I have pulled my achilles heel a couple weeks ago and it flippin hurts. Anyone done similar and what treatment did you get if any at the docs?

Never had this, but it sounds painful :GroupHug:

Edited by houndzrus

Morning :tired:

Poorly car hell is getting worse. Not only is new car potentially in need oof a new ECU, the power steering also failed meaning I couldnt drive it (related to the ECU problems. But I had trusty old astra in today to do a couple of bits only to be told the head gasket is on its way out. :mecry: So I have two cars and not a good one between them. I still have to insure both and this month have MOT'd both and now have to tax the other one too. Now where am I going to find the money to get one of them fixed! I hate cars! :mecry: At least Paul managed to drive poorly new car 30 miles to the dealer so I can ring them Monday to book it in to see what exactly it 'might' be. Thought I was going to have to pay for tow truck too.

RMF, I am going to see a bloke called Dave tomorrow and am pretty excited about it. :biggrin:

I hope you get at least one of the cars up and running without too much expense Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Intrigued about Dave - do tell flowers.gif

I have to remember not to stand flat footed and either walk around in shoes with heels or on my toes. It is not helped by clumsy dogs always wanting to be literally on your heels in case they miss something! :rolleyes:

Ouch! Never done it but I hope the doc can sort it for you Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

RMF : The asbos started playing bluddy Adele again last night, so I went to bed at 8 to get away from it. I was fast asleep by 9 cos I was so shattered. Restless night though because I had all four dogs with me, so ended up getting up in the early hours to put Max and Beau downstairs. Feel shattered now, and don't feel great - bad back and splitting headache don't help.

morning all

I gave the dogs filled hooves yesterday morning. in the night they all had bad bellys. oh joy! freddie also weed up the sofa and my chair,not impressed as the washing machine isnt working to wash the sofa covers. the plumber hasnt turned up to change over the washing machines. not happy.

start of a normal day in the jazzy household ...

so who is dave then??????

I suspect Dave is Mr Grohl of Foo Fighters fame wink.gif

Don't know what to do today. My spirit is willing, but my body is aching!

Tell me about it! laugh.gif

I've been gardening again and I look like I used to when I was a kid and I'd been playing out all day and got covered in muck laugh.gif Only now there's nobody to slap my legs tongue.gif

Oh well, best go do more gardening wacko.gif

I've been gardening again and I look like I used to when I was a kid and I'd been playing out all day and got covered in muck

Tis a good feeling, to get mucky and not get told off! :laugh:

i have pottered in the back garden, planting out some swiss chard, tying up the humungus sunflowers, planted seeds and tried to save my pepper plants which Jack has snapped while digging the compost. I don't think they will survive, but ho hum, that's life. :rolleyes:

Thank you for all the good wishes.

The parachute jump was amazing. Scary when you *fall* out of the plane at first but then it is just a fantastic feeling. We jumped at 10,000 feet. Then freefall for 5,000 feet and then parachute opens and you just fall to the ground, feels like you're going really slow but it's quite fast.

I learned that I can scream quite loud :laugh:

I would love to do it again. We raised over €4,000 for our charity :biggrin:

arternoon

Have been to Salford Quays & Trafford Park watersports centre to suss them out.

Andrea is going to see the FooFighters

Hope you can get your car fixed more cheaply and it's back on the road very soon. They're a pain when they go wrong.

Hope your heel is ok very soon too. :GroupHug:

Hope the Jazz doglets are better now.

The waterboatman in my pond are causing havoc with the tadpoles and have eaten some of the diddy frogs. I'm not happy and don't know if I should do something or just leave nature to it.

Oh Mags well done :flowers:

Edited by Jacobean

safneo, I have no advice to give on poorly cars but poorly Achilles tendon needs a good quality ankle support, also cold packs.

Mags you are very brave. I would still be screaming if it were me.

Wispa and I have been exploring near Curbar in the Derbyshire Dales. It was brilliant. Although a hot Sunday with heaps of people about, we still found an area of quiet moorland with no humans or livestock about where Wispa could run loose. Views there are amazing.

Great fun this morning. Got up at half six to find one of my lodgers had escaped and was nowhere to be seen. A 17 hand horse is a big thing to lose. Then I heard munching sounds from the orchard, and found him squeezed in behind a big holly tree. He declined to move so I texted his mum to come and sort him out. He is a bit of a character, chats with the badgers when they come tramping through at 1 a.m. He is recuperating from a serious foot injury, so doesn't need the space to run around in which he normally would.

dogs are fine today. floors are mopped and half the garden is strimmed. im shattered,need a sleep, but every time I shut my eyes someone comes past and the dogs start. when im awake, nothing of course

well done mags xx

love to all xxxxxxxxxxxxx