July's Jumbling

Mrs B

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello hugapup :wavey:

Hello RTW :wavey:

I have been pootling for the last couple of hours, but am feeling really tired today. I wonder if all that energetic-ness is catching up with me :tired: The sun's gone in as well, so I can't have a snooze in the garden.

I want to go to Costco and Asda but am waiting for a delivery of plants. If it were anything else I'd go and take the risk, but I can't risk the plants dying in a warehouse while they wait for me to collect them.

:GroupHug: Spins. Those black holes are awful to get out of, just take it one day at a time. I used to get worse thinking how far i'd sunk but i've learnt now to just not push myself with that way of thinking and to know the ladder rungs are there even if they seem impossible to find. Easily said but bloody hard to do :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

RMF...I've made bread rolls today and they are proving now....RMStupidFact....I've just noticed the yeast is 8mths out of date :rolleyes: :laugh:

Gosh haven't been in here for ages.Off to Herefordshire on Friday for HWAR show being held Sunday,staying at their kennels in old caravans,great weekend and the show is in the most beautiful grounds.Doing Oldies stall of course,just hope the weather is kind,it's usally abysmal for this show :rolleyes:

:GroupHug: spins and for whoever else wants one :GroupHug:

i could nearly die...... my dad actually took his car to the garage!!!! i didn't need to call or anything :ohmy: he has trashed the drive with leaking oil.... i had a qiuck nosy and felt sure it wasn't anything major but he decided that another car may be in order, the garage found.... a loose feckin screw :laugh: he has destroyed a driveway for a loose screw :laugh: he is now on the prowl for a convertible beings as he doesn't need a new everyday car....talked him out of a porsche (thank god)

spent the morning sorting out physio appointments and getting put on the list for surgery on my ear again..... i asked could i request the surgeon i wanted and the lovely lady said yes :partytime:

My plant delivery has arrived, so I can naff off to Costco now. Well I could if I could find the energy cos delivery bloke woke me up right in the middle of a nap.

delivery men have a nack for arriving at the most inconvenient time... i swear they have a sixth sense :laugh: you are going to need to join plant buyers anonymous at this rate :laugh: i wanted a couple of weeping cherry trees but wanted to plant them in containers but not sure how big to get the pots :unsure:

Edited by griff

delivery men have a nack for arriving at the most inconvenient time... i swear they have a sixth sense :laugh: you are going to need to join plant buyers anonymous at this rate :laugh: i wanted a couple of weeping cherry trees but wanted to plant them in containers but not sure how big to get the pots :unsure:

What size are the ones you are getting? I tend to buy the biggest pot that I want them to grow into in most cases, but I think you are supposed to buy a pot slightly bigger than the one they are in and then re-pot them every year. Given the amount of plants I have in tubs - sod that for a game of soldiers! How big is the tub they are in now?

errrrrrmmm it just says bare root :unsure: does that mean no pot and compost??

http://www.gardenbargains.com/item-500065-plants/kiku-shidare-zukura-flowering-cherry-bare-root.htm

my pet delivery has just arrived, i treated the dogs to a k9 wob ball each :rolleyes: diez is just barking at hers and laney has actually used his brain and is licking the choccy flavored insert

:GroupHug: for Spins.

Actually I may have something to cheer you, do you remember a young Spinone you helped to her forever home? I spoke to her owners Son yesterday and Lady as she is now, is wonderful! Thanks to you she landed on her paws with Spinone savvy people who just adore her, Lady is a very gentle girl who now adores children and other dogs. Nice to hear about a happy doglet. :flowers:

ive cleared out my airing cupboard. sorry but I have lol

how the hell did 2 black sacks worth of bedding come out of there with hardly any space still, now its come out? :laugh:

fecking families! they are all out war, at me!

give it a few weeks and they can all ................... off!

errrrrrmmm it just says bare root :unsure: does that mean no pot and compost??

http://www.gardenbar...y-bare-root.htm

It says they are supplied as 5 ft plants, so their root system will probably be pretty big. You might need a proper tree pot to put them in. You could always email them to find out the approximate diameter of the root system and then buy a pot with plenty of room for them to grow, because you will not be wanting to repot them (or move them) if you can help it cos they will be heavy! This site does tree pots, some of which are gigantic!

RMF : I've done Costco and Asda and watered the plants, so am going to chill with a nice shandy and some Costco chicken wings

Edited by merledogs