UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

Jazz I'm so sorry :GroupHug: Sleep tight mummy Jazz :GroupHug:

Merledogs...... what no rhodos :laugh: could you put up some bamboo or brush screen....by law you are allowed 6 ft high, what we did was get 6ft screen and build the flower beds up 2 ft so the screen protrudes 2 ft higher than the fence :biggrin:

Plants and hedges are allowed to be higher than fencing so I'm thinking maybe 8 ft should do and then I'll keep it at that height :wink:

RMF : Bon Jovi are on tonight at the cricket club next door. The groupies have been camping out on the pavement overnight and they have cordoned the road off so it's access only. I bet if they knew we could see the stage from our windows they'd all be dead jel :laugh:

Have Googled and apparently with new legislation you can have a hedge at 6ft. However, technically speaking three Laurels in pots would probably not constitute a hedge and as plants which don't constitute a hedge appear not to have any restrictions on height (otherwise there would be no trees allowed near borders), I can grow them to any height I like. I can always space them out so they are not close together if I need to.

Sounds like a good idea Alex, shame you cant buy 'neighbour repellant' stuff :laugh:

:laugh: Actually the neighbour moving in next door seems lovely - single lady, teacher. The blokes who have been fitting the new kitchen this week have been a pain though, shouting and swearing lots and standing right next to the fence looking over. It's always bugged me that people can see over, but it's on a slope so the fence is lower where it joins the flat bit. Don't know why I didn't think of hedging before.

Havent posted a pic of my gorgeous Izzie for ages so thought i'd bore you all :laugh:

SAM_2487.jpg

Bootiful :wub:

RMF : Bon Jovi are on tonight at the cricket club next door. The groupies have been camping out on the pavement overnight and they have cordoned the road off so it's access only. I bet if they knew we could see the stage from our windows they'd all be dead jel :laugh:

jealous.gif DEAD jel!!

:wub: Izzie

RMF: I have an unexpected weekend off work :biggrin: but since everyone else is working, it will no doubt go to waste :rolleyes:

:GroupHug: Jazz. So sorry to hear of your Mum's passing.

Good news on the little Daxie X, she's been re-united with her family. A lot lighter in weight and scratched badly by brambles, but on the whole in good shape. Owl will fill in all the details when she gets home, but it's a right tale to tell, she and Wispa have done a fantastic job. :flowers:

• Like 1

Good news on the little Daxie X, she's been re-united with her family. A lot lighter in weight and scratched badly by brambles, but on the whole in good shape. Owl will fill in all the details when she gets home, but it's a right tale to tell, she and Wispa have done a fantastic job. :flowers:

That surely is news to gladden the heart :wub:

• Like 1

Merledog can i come to your house tonight?!! we`ve been trying to win tickets all week on rock radio :rolleyes:

make sure you take piccies and post them on here

Edited by bobs mum

:GroupHug: jazz i am sorry for your loss :GroupHug:

great news about the wee sausage dog :biggrin:

been to the hozzy today :rolleyes: (that place is fast becoming my second home) i have a partial tear in some part of one shoulder and either another partial tear in the other or a tear :rolleyes: the dr said they wouldn't operate on the left but didn't say anything about the right and when i said oh shall i go back to my gp then they looked at me like i was a bit odd and said errr o.k :unsure: