I love it when dogs have mad moments Michelle :biggrin:

Glad your sister's dog was found Owl :wub:

:GroupHug: for Molly.

how's your head this morning Alex? :unsure:

edit : (I see you have updated :wink: )

Congratulations to Abby and welcome to Felix :biggrin:

Looked like you had a great time Andrea. :biggrin:

Morning :flowers:

i am quite drained again with the rolercoaster that is my old tenant who is in hospital. This has taken more twists and turns than a tv soap this week and it is a relief to have a two day break to catch my breath.

The girl who did mr "t"s shopping has had a baby and moved into his house because their whole family has been evicted. (She has a key). Her mother has moved on to another vulnerable tenant, sleeping with him, in return for a roof over her head. The financial abuse hasn't started yet. The daughter's boyfriend and two unknown others, broke into another neighbours house in the early hours of Wednesday morning and beat the vulnerable person with an iron bar so much, they shattered his eye socket and skull. He is to have reconstructive surgery and, quite understanderbly is refusing to go back to his flat.

I visited mr T in hospital , with his sister, on Thursday evening and we tried to put his mind at rest regarding moving etc. He was in some pain and struggled with walking. It was a great surprise then, when his sister phoned me late yesterday, while I was on a course in Atherstone,to tell me the hospital were sending him home! Some quick phonecalls later, I had got the hospital social worker to go to the ward and now Mr T at least has a bed for the weekend. They have a duty of care to him as a vulnerable adult, but, for some reason, they chose to ignore all that. They were quite happy to send him home to fend for himself. :mad:

Edited by houndzrus

Marge that's awful :( Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

It is Alex, it takes a helluva lot of liaising between various agencies and hospital staff to get something done and then it gets almost wiped out in an instant. It will be a very challenging week next week, as I have a very full diary and two days off. I am determined it WILL get concluded though, at least for Mr T. It just plays on my mind so much, I do have nightmares about it. i can only imagine what it must be like for those caught up in it. :(

Edited by houndzrus

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: katsngreys and Jazz :GroupHug:

so very pleased that sugar was found safely owl.... i would be in bits if either of mine legged it on me..... i don't actually know the name of the consultant i saw.... i was supposed to see one fella and then he was running dead late so i saw somebody else, i * think* he was a learner.... well i hope he was a bl**dy learner! he was foreign... about 35- 40 and a complete div :laugh:

Merledogs..... wow you have some self control.... i would have polished off the bottle :laugh:

Jacobean..... get the assignment out of the way and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Houndzrus...... so sorry to hear that the parasites have moved onto somebody else :angry: i do hope something will be done about them, the hospital social workers are brill.... well the one my uncle had dealings with was..... even though she was for the OAPs she sorted out somewhere for my uncle to stay and ensured he was kept in hospital until a place could be found for him. i really hope you can get him moved to his new place and he can put his troubles behind him :flowers:

Glad to hear Molly is feeling o.k and i hope she doesn't scare the life out of you when she is back to her normal self and you are supposed to keep her calm :laugh:

Alicia and Ray Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I've been gardening again. Well actually clearing mud out of the crevices on the top patio. It's been like that for years so there's a lot to do! I'm going to relax and read my book for a while now.

Everything seems to have shot up in the garden - my evergreen honeysuckle is flowering for the first time ever and the little winter flowering one I planted last year which I thought had died off has got a few straggly bits climbing and is also flowering. Will have to chop it right down in Autumn to try and get it to bush out a bit more, but they both smell absolutely divine wub.gif , unlike the wild garlic which I've decided I'm going to get rid of. I have been Googling but I can't decide what I want to plant. I did think Rhodos but then I thought I'd best have something else in my garden besides them laugh.gifrolleyes.gif

:GroupHug: Marge, I really hope you can get your old gentleman sorted. It doesnt bear thinking about what may happen if he isn't protected! Can the police not help in any of this situation? Maybe these people are claiming benefit they shouldnt be? :wink: So many people on the 'take' these days rather than work for a living! We had the poor old chap killed up the road a couple weeks ago because he wouldnt give his hard earned belongings to some cheap thugs! :mad: Make sure you stay safe too Marge :flowers:

Michelle, did you get your assignment finished?

Jazz, how is your mum doing? :GroupHug:

Alex, glad you havent got a poorly head. Not fun gardening with a hangover :laugh:

Alicia, I do hope it isnt as bad as feared. It is a very difficult time for all involved. Thinking of you all :GroupHug:

I couldnt make up my mind what to do today. Local carnival or to the allotment? It started pizzing down so put paid to both those ideas so did some housework instead! :rolleyes: Now waiting for Paul to get back from Kwikfit. We hit a pothole in the road in Cardiff and he noticed a big bulge in his tyre this morning. Good job it didnt blow out on the motorway! :ohmy:

It is Alex, it takes a helluva lot of liaising between various agencies and hospital staff to get something done and then it gets almost wiped out in an instant. It will be a very challenging week next week, as I have a very full diary and two days off. I am determined it WILL get concluded though, at least for Mr T. It just plays on my mind so much, I do have nightmares about it. i can only imagine what it must be like for those caught up in it. :(

:GroupHug: I don't know how you do your job, but I'm glad that you're there for Mr T. Hope it all gets resolved soon for everyone's sake.

Just had Ray on the phone- he's on his way down to visit his Dad- to let me know that his Dad has taken a turn for the worse :mecry: :mecry: I feel bloody useless sitting here.

:GroupHug: Thinking of you and your family.

I went for a lovely walk with Rosie and a friend this morning, along the Thames and past Hampton Court Palace. We only got rained on once and we saw some pearly kings and queens crossing Hampton Court Bridge. Should have taken my camera.

Edited by Karen

Thanks for all your good wishes- I've just had Ray on the phone "just about" holding it together - his Dad has been moved into ICU so it's not looking too good, but I did say that miracles can happen so I'm hoping that one does. His parents are some of the nicest people in the world and even after 50+ years of marriage are still very much in love- I'm sorry for going on and being so self absorbed.

:GroupHug: Alicia and family

:flowers: well done for all that you are doing Marge

:sleep: so far, Molly is being very good. She takes the stairs quite sedately and although she does jump on the bed, it's not too high so that's OK. I suspect that may change a bit over the next few days but luckily she is not normally too silly at home anyway :unsure:

At the moment all three have been chomping on stuffed bones, so all is 'sort of' quiet :wub:

Just had Ray on the phone- he's on his way down to visit his Dad- to let me know that his Dad has taken a turn for the worse

:GroupHug:

Im just on my way to sit with mother

:GroupHug:

the hospital social workers are brill.... well the one my uncle had dealings with was..... even though she was for the OAPs she sorted out somewhere for my uncle to stay and ensured he was kept in hospital until a place could be found for him.

Was she called Dot? That's who I have been dealing with, it's a pity the people on the ward didn't consult her first, before deciding to tuff Mr T out yesterday :mad:

Can the police not help in any of this

We had the poor old chap killed up the road a couple weeks ago because he wouldnt give his hard earned belongings to some cheap thugs!

I couldnt make up my mind what to do today. Local carnival or to the allotment? It started pizzing down so put paid to both those ideas so did some housework instead! Now waiting for Paul to get back from Kwikfit. We hit a pothole in the road in Cardiff and he noticed a big bulge in his tyre this morning. Good job it didnt blow out on the motorway!

Glad you got you tyre sorted :flowers:

the police have washed their hands of mr T because he "gave his card to them" and when I asked about the vulnernable adults unit, I was told "What do you think they can do? "

I have great concerns for the new target, he is a different kettle of fish to Mr T, and won't be so willing to hand over cash.

We have alerted the police to the new developments though and will be pushing for something to be done before things escalate even more.

I went for a lovely walk with Rosie and a friend this morning, along the Thames and past Hampton Court Palace.

That sounds a lovely way to spend a morning :biggrin:

Thanks for all the good thoughts everyone. I just don't seem to have time in the week to put things in perspective, so I dwell on it. Having said that, this has been extreme goings on. :unsure:

I have been to the lotty, so a few hours weeding and sowing has worked it's magic. I am now feeling a lot more clear- headed. Had our first harvest of new potatoes too. ( a week early as we will be camping next weekend0. 2 1/2 lbs of yummy home guard. i have no idea what they will taste like, but at least they'll be fresh. :biggrin:

Thanks for all your good wishes- I've just had Ray on the phone "just about" holding it together - his Dad has been moved into ICU so it's not looking too good, but I did say that miracles can happen so I'm hoping that one does. His parents are some of the nicest people in the world and even after 50+ years of marriage are still very much in love- I'm sorry for going on and being so self absorbed.

So sorry about your father in law. I don't think any one will think you're being self absorbed. Sending hugs ( can't do emoticons).