UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Orations

merledogs

Sorry Suzeanna that is very sad :GroupHug:

RMQ: Looking at another thread tonight has made me wonder why people would visit a board and view threads but not comment? It's the equivalent of eavesdropping.

I like to think of it more as being the one in group at the pub who is listening but not fancy talking much :flowers: occasionaly say something but enjoy the company of others.

Why does it feel like Friday?

I like to think of it more as being the one in group at the pub who is listening but not fancy talking much :flowers: occasionaly say something but enjoy the company of others.

Don't get me wrong, I'm like that too Murtle and I'm often lurking but not saying anything sometimes just because I have nothing interesting to say. I do find it sad though if it's a heartbreaking thread about someone losing their beloved dog, or a new person saying hello when there are about 100 views but only 5 comments.

Don't get me wrong, I'm like that too Murtle and I'm often lurking but not saying anything sometimes just because I have nothing interesting to say. I do find it sad though if it's a heartbreaking thread about someone losing their beloved dog, or a new person saying hello when there are about 100 views but only 5 comments.

aw :( that's sad. :flowers:

ps I apologise if I miss things on here, it's my sanity line but the window is small so I can see it but everyone else can't...it doesn mean I sometimes click on the wrong thing or forget.

xxx

I quite like it except for that bloke...the ex of the woman who died? He's irritating the life out of me!

Me too!

I'm now wondering which house. :rolleyes: Don't worry I don't expect you to say.

It's not a secret, it is the house on the prom with the lawn at the front where the ex was visiting his daughter (if that makes sense?). I was squealing every time I saw somewhere local that I recognised but still haven't caught up, I will have to get a pink TV!!!

Went to a meeting at the home MIL is at yesterday. She isnt very well at all and is deteriorating fast :( Now its touch and go whether we move her back home or not. Though the boiler is being sorted this week (supposedly per BIL) me and OH think she is better of where she is with 'nurses' on hand 24/7.

RMF, my new car that I bought for towing our new caravan is in the garage for a checkover and couple of bits that needed doing. They managed to brake a pipe when reassembling it all so I dont have it back until thursday now when the new part they ordered arrives.. Good job I still have my old car to get to work! :rolleyes:

And on top of the mayhem that is our life over the last few months we have someone coming to view our house again tomorrow. Bit short notice but they will have to see it as it is! :laugh:

:GroupHug: and hope house viewing goes well :flowers:

I am having a lovely lazy morning :biggrin: - again!! :laugh: :rolleyes:

Sorry Suzeanna that is very sad :GroupHug:

Why does it feel like Friday?

That's how I feel too I don't always have anything constructive to say. I must admit I thought 'oooh' when I read the original comment as this could (and possibly does) apply to me. I think it also depends on how familiar you are with forums and social networking etc. there is an etiquette involved.

I read it, want to answer, read the rest, get to reply and have forgotten everything ive just read lol

My brain is mush today,after yesterdays mother being overdosed with morphine and a dog I was transporting got out of the collar and has disappeared :mecry:

Just putting feelers out at the moment - as you know my boss had to have his much loved border terrier pts on Saturday, the family are tentatively looking for another dog (I say tentatively as the children and wife are looking the boss is still grieving so isn't sure hes ready so soon). They have always had a dog from a breeder before and are a little hesitant about a rescue dog (I've been doing a lot of de-mything as to why dogs end up in rescue) I'm also aware and have told them that many rescues would not rehome to them at present because of the ages of the children, however, I said I'd see what I could find.

Their situation: Rector & wife - both experienced dog owners 4 children all of whom have been brought up around dogs and animals (mum is a farmers daughter the family plus dog regularly spend weekends back on the farm). There is pretty much always someone home including me being here 3 - 4 days a week - a dog would be rarely left home alone and if it was then it would be no more than a couple of hours. Very large house, nice big fully enclosed and secure garden. Dog would have the full run of the house and be a huge part of the family. Children are 8, 6 yr old twins and a 1 yr old. Millie used to go into schools and church to help with services and lessons, so a dog with a PAT dog type temperament would be perfect. This is a busy household - there are always people coming and going, group bible study, confirmation classes etc are held here pretty much daily plus of course the benefice office is here so I have people coming to see me or the rector many times a day, additionally there are regular baby/children sitters and a cleaner twice a week. Having said that the house is busy - and it is - there are plenty of places a dog can go to have some peace and quiet, Millie usually came and sat in with me when I am working & theres also a dog flap so that it can go in and out as it chooses and some fab places to sit and sun or just laze the day away. The bosses wife is very active, she likes to hike and walk and cycle, Millie always accompanied her whatever the activity and all the family enjoy going for long walks on the downs.

They are looking for a youngish bitch or even a puppy they'd love another Border Terrier, but will consider any small terrier e.g. Cairns, JRT, Patterdale, cross breed etc. though sadly not a bullbreed. The boss has a mild allergy and finds wire haired breeds rough coats are Ok whereas soft coated or long hair breeds can trigger his allergy but it does seem to be dependant on the dog. House training, lead issues and even being reactive to other dogs are all things which they are happy to work with, they are also used to dealing with dogs with high prey drives. They are happy to travel to meet the right dog, so if anyone knows of any suitable candidates with rescues that would consider them and their circumstances please let me know.

Js. They are happy to travel to meet the right dog, so if anyone knows of any suitable candidates with rescues that would consider them and their circumstances please let me know.

Cassie ar Friends of The Animals RCT

http://foa-rct.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=dogs&action=display&thread=6856

you could try Little Dog rescue

the doctor came round, and prescribed them for her.next day she started taking them ..... so shes to stop taking them .. no sht sherlock!

shes still very fragile today, certainly not herself.

ive been driving round, then on the phone trying to coordinate people. no sightings of her yet