UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Orations

merledogs

I don't know him either Alex :unsure:

Lovely sunny morning here, I have had my breakfast in the garden. We had a restful four days of pottering about planned but the ancient MIL came out of hospital yesterday and her carer has gone on holiday without arranging any cover so we are driving down to stay with her. I'm a bit cockly about changing wet knickers and putting people on the toilet etc but I will just have to man up and get on with it.

Lot cooler here today. We had a thunderstorm and then heavy rain last night. It all kicked off just as I went indoors for my tea, so very decent of it.

Cleared a whole area of the garden that hasn't been touched for a while. Back is aching this morning.

Getting my hair cut and then cleaning the house today.

No idea who that is Alex and still wondering who Steve Jardine is. Mind you I've also discovered I've no idea who Karen Lawe is.

Hope you're better now Marge :GroupHug:

Jules that's appalling. :GroupHug:

Tis glorious here today.Duncan sliced his paw very badly on some broken glass on Monday - in local fields :angry: so we're very restricted where we can go in this wonderful weather.I've been going over to the park just 2 doors down,it has a stream and lots of shade,Trixie amuses herself chasing squirrels or paddling while Duncan sits chewing up tennis balls :rolleyes: but how I miss my lovely long walks,and I hate having him on lead all the time.It is healing so hopefully next week he can come off-lead.Car is all packed for my first Oldies Club stall at Crewkerne tomorrow,well except for chocolate goodies which will go in tomorrow morning.

Tis glorious here today.Duncan sliced his paw very badly on some broken glass on Monday - in local fields :angry: so we're very restricted where we can go in this wonderful weather.I've been going over to the park just 2 doors down,it has a stream and lots of shade,Trixie amuses herself chasing squirrels or paddling while Duncan sits chewing up tennis balls :rolleyes: but how I miss my lovely long walks,and I hate having him on lead all the time.It is healing so hopefully next week he can come off-lead.Car is all packed for my first Oldies Club stall at Crewkerne tomorrow,well except for chocolate goodies which will go in tomorrow morning.

Awww, poor Duncan. Hope that his paw heals up quickly. There seems to be a lot of broken glass around at the moment, but it's so difficult to spot until it's too late.

I have a bag of almost 30 tennis balls which I sorted out thinking that you could use them for your Oldies Club stall, but now that I've weighed them it looks like the cost of posting them would be huge :ohmy: .

My weather station has had another glitch and tells me that we had 179.4mm of rain yesterday, I can't say that I noticed even a single drop unfortunately.

Lovely sunny morning here, I have had my breakfast in the garden. We had a restful four days of pottering about planned but the ancient MIL came out of hospital yesterday and her carer has gone on holiday without arranging any cover so we are driving down to stay with her. I'm a bit cockly about changing wet knickers and putting people on the toilet etc but I will just have to man up and get on with it.

That's not fair Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I have been doing gardening type stuff.

I'm in Surrey, not that far from Thorpe Park if anyone is travelling that way. Rosie's last batch of found balls went to a ball-mad border terrier a few miles away, but it would be great if the current lot could help raise some money for a good cause.

Got the doglets their Easter Eggs. Nice and cool out there so will be more fun for them while out later. I kept them to shady areas yesterday.

Best of luck tomorrow Lynne and thanks :flowers:

Karen don't suppose you homecheck and live anywhere near Weybridge?

Edited by Jacobean

Karen don't suppose you homecheck and live anywhere near Weybridge?

I'm only a couple of miles from Weybridge but it is a few years since I last did a dog homecheck. I regularly do rabbit and guinea pig ones though! If you need a check done and can give me your guide lines I would be happy to help.

Jazz has found out where Shady is living in a garden with old hen houses and got quite close to her, but a noisy loud person came along and Shady hid.

Trap needed asap, and there is no DW cover today so they can't help. A large cat trap might do the trick. Doglost has traps but nothing near Harlow as far as I remember.