UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Orations

merledogs

Andrea, sorry to hear of your loss, much love to you all just now ((hugs))

Good luck with the visa Sam, I hope they get things sorted soon :)

Well done on the job michelle :)

Ooooh I bet you guys will love the kindle! I have a Sony reader and I luuuuuurve it :wub:

Back from my wee holiday with a rotten cold, still I had a lovely time anyway!

Need work out how to do smileys when posting from my iPhone! X

Thanks everyone. :flowers:

Ingi, hope you feel better soon :GroupHug: I havent worked out how to post from my Iphone yet!

Julia, you also need a pink laptop :wink:

I can understand people wanting the Kindle and similar but I don't think I will ever have one. I think that part of the fun of reading a book is the feel of them and being able to turn the pages and the individuality of each one in cover, size etc. And what about books of the future? There will be no more books to pass down through history :( I think its quite sad really and hope its not the demise of the existing format. How exactly do you know where you got to when reading an electronic book? :unsure:

Edited by safneo

I always thought that about Kindles etc, but I am liking mine so far! I always said I'd never get one, but after playing with one at the weekend, I was very impressed. It has a scale at the bottom so you know where you are up to in the book. The main reason I bought one is because I can get through 10+ books on holiday, and I also read every day on the train, so it's just easier to fit into my handbag!!

As for posting from your iPhone, download the ipb app from the app store and off you go!! I only use fast reply, and have memorised the code for most of the smileys I use at the moment!!

Great news auntie Michelle :flowers:

We met up with Archie and Sid again for a late walk in the wood. To our surprise Wispa chose to play with Sid this time, though she kissed them both. She seems to have decided it's good policy to keep them both sweet. This may have had something to do with the wood at dusk being full of noisy scary owls and needing as many huge bodyguards as she can get :laugh:

Morning :tired:

I have a new great niece. Mother and baby doing well. :biggrin:

Congratulations flowers.gif

Alex, how did your study go today? I hope you didnt have an afternoon snooze there! I would ring the police if the noise goes on after pm. Are there not any other neighbours that are affected?

Study was fine, after lunch was bit hard going but otherwise okay thanks flowers.gif

All was quiet last night. It was and still is very windy so I don't suppose they'll be having any doors open. The other neighbours are affected. I have spoken to Dave the neighbourhood watch coordinator next door and he is going to speak to his mate the PCSO about what to do next flowers.gif

Back from my wee holiday with a rotten cold, still I had a lovely time anyway!

Hope you feel better soon flowers.gif

Woke up at 4, couldn't get back to sleep so might as well get up.

I have so far only memorised 2 of the smiley codes :) and :wub: lol!

I too didn't fancy a digital reader, love the feel of books in my hand etc BUT my sister convinced me to get one and I completely love it! I love carrying my own wee library wherever I go :)

Morning fellow early bird Alex :)

Brilliant news about the job Michelle, and congratulations on the new arrival :biggrin: :flowers:

I hope all the noisy neighbours put a sock in it and everyone gets a peaceful day today.

I am going riding, then I'm going to finish digging out my new pond, since the hens have backfilled the other with soil :rolleyes:

princess is going to her owners for a few days. since her pyometra, shes getting nasty. it started as just growling, then to rushing off her bed having a go, this morning, 7am,she attacked ruby. good job shes full of hair. the vet said its hormonal, but poppy wasnt like it, and 2 have been spayed, they wernt.

trudy, all 3kgs of her, got in the middle and warned princess the cavalier, 3 times bigger than her, off

aawwwww

she loves her best friend ruby :wub: