UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Orations

merledogs

My OH's brother David was diagnosed with a very uncommon pleural cancer last October..he died on Saturday night. :mecry: He'd taken early semi retirement only a couple of months before he became ill, and they had such great plans for his full retirement and now he's gone, it's so sad.

How very sad indeed for you all Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Suzannea - think of your family and also good luck for this afternoon :GroupHug:

Jules - have a lovely ride :flowers:

Jazz - good luck at the dentist :flowers:

RMF : I've got my head stuck in a spreadsheet still. I have to match up about 1400 lines of items line by line :wacko:

Three hours from leaving house to getting back..not bad I suppose! He wants me to have an echocardiogram..and he's put me on a low dose betablocker and changed the tablets I take for my blood pressure. Nice chap, very chatty...he did say I'm less at risk of a heart attack than I am of a stroke. Er..good. I think. Personally I'd rather have the heart attack, I've seen stroke patients :unsure: :ohmy: He did warn me the tablets would make me feel worse before I felt better, I pointed out that I feel perfectly alright now! He smiled sweetly and said well, they'll make sure you stay that way..eventually.

Glad it was just a check up Jazz, I hate dentists!

Edited by suzeanna

Evening. 2 down 2 to go.

Hope you had a lovely ride Jules.

Hope you've not got a headache Alex

Glad it was just a checkup Alicia

Suzeanna I'm so sorry. A cruel twist of fate when he was finally going to enjoy his retirement. Thinking of you all :GroupHug: Hope your next appointment comes through soon so you can get sorted.

I'm with you there Suzeanna, it's his mouth that annoys me most.

I'm very sorry about your brother in law, so very sad :GroupHug:

RMQ: Looking at another thread tonight has made me wonder why people would visit a board and view threads but not comment? It's the equivalent of eavesdropping.

RMQ: Looking at another thread tonight has made me wonder why people would visit a board and view threads but not comment? It's the equivalent of eavesdropping.

I will usually comment when I have read a post, but sometimes the view count will go up with the original poster going back to see the posts, and also any one who had already posted going back to see if there is anything new from the original poster. I will view posts more than once to check if there is anything new on there,

Thanks for the advice on bridge strikes Sam, really reassuring :flowers: Tuesday is my day off, so not ventured on the train today. Back to work tomorrow though, so will see whether normal speed is resumed.

Suzeanne sorry to hear about your brother in law. :GroupHug: Such a shame he didnt get to enjoy that retirement. :(

Jazz, glad it was only a check up.

Alex, hope you got to the end of your spreadsheet and have no headache! :flowers:

Julia, you need to get another TV if the boys are taking over the remote! Get a pink one then they wont touch it :laugh:

Went to a meeting at the home MIL is at yesterday. She isnt very well at all and is deteriorating fast :( Now its touch and go whether we move her back home or not. Though the boiler is being sorted this week (supposedly per BIL) me and OH think she is better of where she is with 'nurses' on hand 24/7.

RMF, my new car that I bought for towing our new caravan is in the garage for a checkover and couple of bits that needed doing. They managed to brake a pipe when reassembling it all so I dont have it back until thursday now when the new part they ordered arrives.. Good job I still have my old car to get to work! :rolleyes:

And on top of the mayhem that is our life over the last few months we have someone coming to view our house again tomorrow. Bit short notice but they will have to see it as it is! :laugh:

Jules, I have been reading threads but not posting. Often lately I just don't have the mental energy to reply or am not in the mood but I do still like to keep up with peoples lives so I can join in when I feel able. I feel like I would be posting misery all the time. :( Its easier to post inane rubbish on FB and pretend to be cheery.