UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mundane Meanderings

:GroupHug: snow. If you are finding the +1.75 too strong for your computer, try a +1.25 instead, that will give you a longer focussing distance. Also, can you remember which contact lens the optician fitted you with? If it is the standard toric, that will dry out more, but depending on the strength needed, there are other torics that can be worn for longer. Also, try comfort drops in your eyes if you are finding they are drying out. Blink is a good make and can be used with contact lenses. You can get them from most chemists and supermarkets.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: snow. If you are finding the +1.75 too strong for your computer, try a +1.25 instead, that will give you a longer focussing distance. Also, can you remember which contact lens the optician fitted you with? If it is the standard toric, that will dry out more, but depending on the strength needed, there are other torics that can be worn for longer. Also, try comfort drops in your eyes if you are finding they are drying out. Blink is a good make and can be used with contact lenses. You can get them from most chemists and supermarkets.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! For the life of me I couldnt work out whether I needed to go stronger or lesser to try and put distance between me and the screen :laugh: also comfort drops - I remember wayyyyy back when in the olden days when I previously wore lenses I had some drops then that I used but I couldnt remember what the heck they were called and I knew some were not at all suitable for use with lenses - will send hubby off to try and get some today - if not I'll pop into Boots tomorrow after seeing the optician - and I'll buy another pair of over the counter readers with a reduced strength too @ £6 a pair it's not going to break the bank, and if I can get that sorted I'll buy a few pairs and just leave them next to the pc here and at work :biggrin:

only sold a couple of cards yesterday, however it's still £3.50 more for Dogstar :flowers:

We had a lovely day yesterday at an agility show, with Glen getting 3 clear rounds in faster times than his usual :biggrin:

This morning is lovely and bright, Glen and Molly have been playing racey chasey in the garden. Then Molly decided she wanted to go fishing!! :ohmy: :laugh: My poor fish will have a heart attack, she hasn't fallen in again (yet) but does like the little shelf that runs round the edge of the pond :rolleyes:

Clever lad Glen :wub:

It's an absolutely beautiful day here, we've just been for a walk through the woods with the dawgs. New girl Megan thinks squirrels are *the* most exciting thing ever, I'm surprised she hasn't got a crick in her neck from scanning the treetops :laugh:

Back to work for me now, I feel your pain Alex.

OH is still banging on about how we should really tidy up. Dunno why he can't start without me :rolleyes: Knock yourself out mate, that's what I say.

only sold a couple of cards yesterday, however it's still £3.50 more for Dogstar :flowers:

Thank you kindly flowers.gif that will pay for the first round of puppy vaccinations biggrin.gif

Snow ,when I had my laser eye surgery in 2006 I was given what looked like swimming googles to wear each night to stop me rubbing my eyes and they were most effective and not as uncomfortable to wear as you would think either

It was nice and sunny today so I did go on the 6 mile walk. Some of the party had dogs but I was glad I didn't take Wispa, too many dogs and people coming the other way and squeezing past on narrow slippery paths. I will go back and do part of the walk with her midweek when it's quieter. Monsal Head is very beautiful.

Well done Glen :wub:

Edited by owl

Thank you kindly flowers.gif that will pay for the first round of puppy vaccinations biggrin.gif

Snow ,when I had my laser eye surgery in 2006 I was given what looked like swimming googles to wear each night to stop me rubbing my eyes and they were most effective and not as uncomfortable to wear as you would think either

I never thought of swimming googles - thats an idea, I have been thinking about those plasticy things you can get in builders merchants for when you spray paint etc. anything is better than having to stick 6 yards of sticky plaster all over my face. Thank you. :flowers:

New girl Megan thinks squirrels are *the* most exciting thing ever, I'm surprised she hasn't got a crick in her neck from scanning the treetops

Back to work for me now, I feel your pain Alex.

Awww :wub:

Jules we are STILL waiting for pics of Megan

:tapfoot: Yes indeed! :laugh:

Done 6 hours studying today and my brain is frazzled

I'm not surprised :ohno02: enjoy your steak.

Well done Glen :wub:

Glad you enjoyed your walk Owl :)

I am a wee bit tired, can't imagine why! :wink: Just got to do a bit of ironing (work clothes) and then I'm off for a nice long soak in the bath to ease my achey bones :rolleyes_anim:

Sounds like you're run down Amy from the long hours and lack of sleep.

I want to see pics of Megan NOW. I know my rights.

Alex don't know how you can do 6 hours studying. I'm part way through an assignment but other things keep getting in the way.

Jazz :GroupHug:

Snow :GroupHug:

I don't know where today has gone and I can feel myself getting more and more stressed with each passing hour at the thought of going back to work tomorrow. I have got to get out of that place