UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mundane Meanderings

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from the opticians and I have to say that our Gooster is bloody brilliant!! Optician just tested my eyes for computer vision and said I need 1.25 :ohmy: how amazing is that! :biggrin:

I am now wearing a pair of 1.25's and they are indeed better than the other ones though sadly I'm still not toally convinced that I see the screen quite as well as I used to - dont get me wrong I can now see it perfectly well but its still just a weeny weeny bit on the pixalated side but I have at least been able to push the monitor back a bit so I'm no longer typing with my nose pressed up against it - I'm sure I'll learn to get used to it. The 1.25's also seem good enough for me to read my Kindle tho the 1.75's remain better for books and packets etc. but rather than have to have 2 strengths and having to remember which ones are for what I'll probably stick with the 1.25s all the time.

As for my eyes, left eye is healing nicely :biggrin: it also is already good enough distance wise to pass the legal driving test with about 3 lines to spare so I don't "need" a contact lens for that eye :biggrin:

Soooo at the risk of becoming an eye bore ...that just leaves sorting out the right eye ... I've now switched to a different type of contact lens (ordinary lens not a torric as my astigmatism in that eye is quite mild) with that in both eyes are legal for driving with 3 lines spare *yippee* I'm trialling this one for a week then another sort for a week to find out which ones I can wear the longest in comfort.... and theres still several different shapes and types and makes available if neither of these are any good.

Long term mono vision would need to be set at intermediate distance rather than reading range, or I can try varifocals but that would have to be both eyes, tbh if I can get used to remembering to carry reading glasses with me at all times and put up with the faffing about finding them and putting them on in shops etc I might just settle for that.

As it stands now I could drive to work and actually do my job when I get there (not that I'm going anywhere near the place this week as the baby has got bronchilitis and conjunctivitis) so short term goal is find a lens I can wear all day without it hurting.

Glad you've got your pc glasses sorted flowers.gif

The bloke who I bought the rugs off (where they were from different batches) has been to the importer and got me one from the same batch biggrin.gif Now that's what I call customer service! He's only 10 miles away so I can go and do the exchange myself tomorrow as the exam is in the morning.

I don't know where today has gone and I can feel myself getting more and more stressed with each passing hour at the thought of going back to work tomorrow. I have got to get out of that place

Know that feeling too!

Congratulations to chatterbox Owl :biggrin:

Sam, you should only need hand luggage then with only clothes to pack. :laugh:

Amy, please leave your cold sores and sore throat back in Wales tomorrow please! :GroupHug:

Alex, you dont often get customer service like that these day! :biggrin:

Julia, hope you enjoy the film. From what I have heard its not as complictaed as Inception.

I managed to buy the last water butt from Aldi today at a bargainous £24.99 for my allotment. A well spent lunch break! I also happen to have shoved a few other gardening things into my trolley though which almost doubled the bill! :rolleyes:

Owl you waffler. :laugh:

Jazz glad you've got your toofs sorted.

Snow pleased you're doing well with your eyes. I'm squeamish with eyes so must confess not reading most of it

Griff hope you get to the bottom of Laney's problem very soon and it's easily treatable :GroupHug:

Pleased to hear things are going well with allotments.

Alex best of luck for tomorrow :flowers:

Had a phone interview out of the blue tonight so no time to prepare.

Morning :wavey:

Have been up since 5.30 doing some last minute studying.

I had a panic attack and felt so sick with nerves that I was literally retching, then went onto the crying stage and the "omigodimgonnafail" stage.

Anyway, best get dressed and get off to exam, then when I get back I need to go to Warrington to swap the rug over and pick up a prescription and some bread cos I've run out.

Byeee :wavey: