UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mundane Meanderings

Grrrrrr. Am currently supervising bone eating session!

Why is it that sometimes Daisy will eat whatever 'bone' is put in front of her and other times all she will do is guard it for an hour, eat some of it when Tigger comes in having finished his, then guard it from him. And she was sooooooooooooo hungry this morning (deliberate ploy on my part) that her tummy was grumbling! Meanwhile, I daren't move in case there's a kick off between the two. Might have to pick it up in a minute so I can go get on with stuff.

Merledogs, don't worry, I am eating - although I have to admit at the moment that I'm stressed enough by stuff that "eating" and "properly" do not always enter the same sentence .............. so yesterday I had had a bowl of cereal ........ and some Malteasers!

However, my fruit-bowl-that-has-been-empty-for-a-week (my fruit bowl is NEVER empty) was filled up yesterday afternoon, so I have lots of fruity things to make me happy again.

By the way, having now actually read back and caught up, loved the fact that you were the winner in a Supper Lotto - definitely my kind of win!

And now Daisy has decided to start eating again, so I daren't move!

By the way Lesley, am hoping to catch your programme later - looking forward to that - as is my ironing mountain. :rolleyes:

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definately have a real fugee expert question for you ... went to see my mum in S Wales yesterday & she asked me to have a look at a hole in her lawn, she has some round paving slabs set into the lawn as a stepping stone path to her washing line, the soil is quite sandy and loose, to the side of one of the slabs in the slightly raised bit of soil that surrounds the stone was what looks to be some kind of small burrow. Mum commented it had "fallen in a bit" as the mouth appeared obscured but when I looked closely it hadn't in fact fallen in at all but it had been "disguised" by a plug of torn up dried grass. On close inspection we found either a 2nd burrow or alternative entrance/exit in the soil beside the adjacent paving slab. She is concerned it might be a rats nest as there have been rats around from a neighbouring property, she also has squirrels who dig up all her plant pots to bury their nuts (Nog saw and chased 2 squirrels whilst we were there). She has a Fox who likes to visit and sunbathe, magpies galore, woodpeckers, doves, seagulls & pigeons along with lots of other birds. In one of the raised beds she regularily has baby frogs and toads (there's no pond in her garden but every spring that area is alive with teeny weeny baby hopping things). On my last visit I found several slaughtered adult birds on the lawn, all were intact but all had broken necks - my best guess was they had been left there by some animal rather than having been killed there.

She has had moles in the past - but there are no "mole hills" at this time and the "burrow" is really far too small for a mole, I'd have said it was a bit too small to be a rat either my first guess was mouse or vole but I've never known them to be out in the open on a cultivated lawned area. The only other thought I had which I didn't mention to my mum is a snake of some kind - but isn't it a bit early for snakes?

Mum thinks it could be a squirrel but it seems an awfully deep hole for a squirrel and of course theres the 2nd exit thing (tho it could just be a seperate hole).

Any ideas as to what it could be?

I'm so sorry Alicia :GroupHug:

Sandra, if you're that near Tigger and Daisy it's well worth a visit. And meeting Mrs B is an added bonus :laugh: :flowers:

I'm hoping to increase our female population x4 very soon :biggrin:

I have met Mrs B before, and it would be good to properly meet Daisy and Tigger :biggrin:

Alex, you are such a whirl of activity, I don't know where you get the energy.

Dunno what to do today. 'Need to' list includes bathing a dog, washing a filthy car, buying some tiles and a new wireless router, doing some de-cluttering and going to the hell that is Sainsbugs on a Saturday. 'Want to' list incudes ligging about with a book, pottering in the garden and generally just faffing about :rolleyes:

I'm not really a whirl of activity - I have walked the dogs and pulled up a zillion baby sycamore trees from the front garden, but am currently vegging on the sofa . I have read the instructions for the blind, but I need to cut it down and the instructions are far from clear, so I am dithering and faffing on the PC. I could do with a nap actually :tired:

Merledogs, don't worry, I am eating - although I have to admit at the moment that I'm stressed enough by stuff that "eating" and "properly" do not always enter the same sentence .............. so yesterday I had had a bowl of cereal ........ and some Malteasers!

No wonder you had a funny turn missus Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Ooh am in a dilemma!!

For weeks there has been this really nice chair in the window of Next and I have admired it whenever I walk past. Anyway I walked through the sale today and it had been reduced from £550 to £225, but for immediate pick up only. As I am on the train today, I couldn't buy it today (plus had no where to put it at work!!), so do I drive into manchester tomorrow and buy said chair? I would be putting it in my bedroom for curling up in and reading books and stuff. I sat in it today and it is well comfy!! It's a lot of money for something I don't really *need* but it would look nice in my bedroom!! What do I doooo???

By the way Lesley, am hoping to catch your programme later - looking forward to that - as is my ironing mountain. :rolleyes:

Which one ? Theres the living with woman one still showing with boring regularity and the other doesnt start till Wednesday. Ive deen the advert and Dibs says I look like jekyl and Hyde cos of the pipes an Jars. Im actually siphoning off banana wine not pulling on a bong as my daughter suggested

Ooh am in a dilemma!!

For weeks there has been this really nice chair in the window of Next and I have admired it whenever I walk past. Anyway I walked through the sale today and it had been reduced from £550 to £225, but for immediate pick up only. As I am on the train today, I couldn't buy it today (plus had no where to put it at work!!), so do I drive into manchester tomorrow and buy said chair? I would be putting it in my bedroom for curling up in and reading books and stuff. I sat in it today and it is well comfy!! It's a lot of money for something I don't really *need* but it would look nice in my bedroom!! What do I doooo???

Sounds like a bargain :wink:.

Went to the beach today and I think the dogs brought most of the sand home with them :rolleyes: .