UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mundane Meanderings

Morning :tired: woke up at 4 again rolleyes.gif Back to normality today thankfully.

Griff - sorry to hear you've got to have an op Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Re the consultant you don't like, just cos he's grumpy doesn't mean he's not a good surgeon - he could be the best they've got so please don't feel too disheartened if you get him Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anyone remembers me saying about my cousin Julian who died of cancer about 18 months ago - well his wife who he married a few months before he died is pregnant with his child (they had his sperm frozen when he started his chemo). I don't know whether to feel sad or happy, probably a bit of both.

Griff, I hope it turns out the way you want it to :GroupHug:

Alex, just delete one in every three of the emails without looking at them, that should cut the work down a bit :laugh:

I am away for my cutting and colouring/grey hiding. What a tedious waste of time it is :rolleyes:

Morning :tired: woke up at 4 again rolleyes.gif Back to normality today thankfully.

Griff - sorry to hear you've got to have an op Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Re the consultant you don't like, just cos he's grumpy doesn't mean he's not a good surgeon - he could be the best they've got so please don't feel too disheartened if you get him Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

sorry to hear your not sleeping so good :flowers: i totally understand your mixed feeling with regards your cousins wifes news... it is great news but so sad that your cousin won't get to meet his baby or see it grow up :GroupHug:

i am the grumpy one not the consultant.... the consultant is dreadful, gave me very poor treatment and advice which has most likely permanently damaged my hearing and when we asked why i couldn't hear he just shrugged, went i don't know and shoved us out the door :ohmy: he isn't interested in helping me at all and i don't ever want him near me again.

Jules B i love your theory on emails..... i must try that myself :laugh:

griff could you change hospitals that way you wouldnt have to deal with that consultant? I didnt much like the guy who I saw for my consultation and I was dreading it being him doing my surgery but on the day I had a very attractive rather sexy Swedish surgeon who actually did my eye and he was lovely.

I feel a bit more human today - I have had a shower and washed my hair :biggrin: I wasnt allowed to shower for a week cos I have to avoid steam (I havent cooked all week neither) today is day 7 and I've had enough of flannel washes in the sink and filthy horrid hair (I wore a baseball cap all day yesterday to hide it) I kept my plastic night shield on when I got up (its taped to my face overnight) dropped the shower head down to below shoulder height & set the water to lukewarm so there was no steam and managed to wash my hair one handed and backwards cos I'm not allowed to lean forwards yet, it was a bit of a faff but I got there in the end :biggrin:

Have been wearing the standard contact lens for 16 hours a day past 2 days and its been fine but my vision isnt as "crisp" with the standard lens going to try the other one she gave me today and see if that makes a difference and I'll try the torric again on the weekend - slowly seem to be getting there.

Have left all three dogs today with no barrier between them - my friend is going in later to walk them so hopefully all will be well. :unsure: They do get to wander when OH is sleeping after night shift so it shouldn't be too different. They usually get chews after friend has been in so I have said to put T-bag behind the gate when she goes as she tends to guard chews from Molly :rolleyes:

Alex, just delete one in every three of the emails without looking at them, that should cut the work down a bit :laugh:

I may have done just that - I shall blame you :laugh:

i am the grumpy one not the consultant.... the consultant is dreadful, gave me very poor treatment and advice which has most likely permanently damaged my hearing and when we asked why i couldn't hear he just shrugged, went i don't know and shoved us out the door :ohmy: he isn't interested in helping me at all and i don't ever want him near me again.

If you tell the hospital that you don't want them, they should be able to honour your wishes :flowers:

RMF : Is it hometime yet? :tired:

Restless sleep dreaming of what could go wrong at Crufts on Saturday :wacko: Suppose its good Im getting it out of the way early.

I didnt think I could feel anymore wretched but I have suprised myself :angry: I think work should pay for me to have 2 weeks somewhere hot and sunny to recover from what they put me through :laugh:

Amy :GroupHug:

We've recently upgraded to Microsoft Office 2010 at work, which I am liking very much. I am also liking the fact that we can now purchase Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 for our personal use for the miserly sum of £8.95 :biggrin: so now I will have Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Publisher, OneNote (whatever that is), SharePoint Workspace and InfoPath 2010 on my home laptop :biggrin:

RMF : Am tired, neeed to sleeeep :tired:

I don't know if anyone remembers me saying about my cousin Julian who died of cancer about 18 months ago - well his wife who he married a few months before he died is pregnant with his child (they had his sperm frozen when he started his chemo). I don't know whether to feel sad or happy, probably a bit of both.

Its very bitter sweet but for his wife she has part of the past forever and part of the future to look forward to

Restless sleep dreaming of what could go wrong at Crufts on Saturday :wacko: Suppose its good Im getting it out of the way early.

I didnt think I could feel anymore wretched but I have suprised myself :angry: I think work should pay for me to have 2 weeks somewhere hot and sunny to recover from what they put me through :laugh:

I expect everyone is equally as worried about Crufts. My sister is there on Saturday too with her unruly whippet. You will hear her bellowing CRUMPET !!!! at some point no doubt. She is nervous too.

Dibs is up there now feverously signing her new book alongside Marc "Babe"braham.

She also does Crufts radio but thank god they dont let her play take that on there !

We (Oldies Club) are on Marc's stand on Saturday. Will keep an eye out for Dibs and ear out for Crumpet :laugh: Ive ummed and aahed all week about taking Louie with me as hes not an oldie but he goes to all the shows with me promoting.

:GroupHug: to those Ive missed early - Snow with eye issues and Griff with ear issues.

Good luck to all going to crufts :flowers: Lil angel..... if you think louis would enjoy himself take him along.... he is very cute so i am sure he would be a great ambassador for the oldies club (even though he isn't an oldie)...you can explain how younger dogs can benefit from having an older dog around :biggrin:

Merledogs that was a bargain! i wouldn't have a clue what half of it is for :rolleyes:

trallwm farm i loooove your sisters whippets name :laugh: i have just been talking to my tattoist and his dogs name is puffin.... it has been abbreviated to puff :laugh:

i have thought about changing hospitals but the trouble is that the consultant works at all 3... i guess i will get the op out of the way, go and see my gp and get him to refer me to another consultant... i will jut make sure that the nice fella works with the one my gp sends me to :laugh: