UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mundane Meanderings

what date is crufts this year ?

ooh did I mention I love Elections ( ducks and hides )

Crufts in the 10th March - 13th March this year. We are there on 12th

Sam if you did my job you wouldnt love them :laugh:

Amy can you let me know please whether there are different categories or just one, and also can you enter group photos or does it have to be a single shot? Thank you flowers.gif

We dont have any catergories as such, all we do is split the country into 7 regions. We have had multiple dog photos as well as single dog photos before. Although judges have always chosen single dogs photos previously when chosing their shortlist.

Am about to take Louie out walkies. Quite excited as its the first walkies Ive been able to taken him out on in over a week due to work. My parents have been taking him out but Ive missed the time with just the 2 of us. :biggrin:

Edited by lil_angel

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hmmm this is interesting - I've been out all morning still wearing my 1 contact lens in the unfixed eye, for distance personally I dont think I am going to need a contact lens in the newly good eye after all my distance vision seems pretty much perfect. Popped into my opticians changed my appointment from a week Monday to this coming Monday to get started on sorting out a near vision lens for my right eye, meantime I bought a pair of "reading glasses" at 1.75 magnification - they are perfect for reading and for reading small print .... however now that I'm using them on the pc for the first time they aren't quite so good :huh: I've had to move my monitor really close to me as otherwise the text is still a little blurry (although 10x better than without any glasses) might have a fiddle around with my screen settings see if that makes a difference.

Griffalo - I didn't get one either rolleyes.gif Don't buy one though, there are lots of downloadable maps on t'internet (like this one or these ones) flowers.gif

oooooo thanks :biggrin: i got one from the works for £3.99 and it is hooooge, like what the schools have, i will educate myself :laugh:

I might go on a 6 mile walk in the Peaks tomorrow with some people I met online. But then again, I might wimp out if it rains again. I am not a fair weather walker, but definitely a fair weather 6 mile walker. Not every challenge in life has to be accepted thank goodness.

oooooo nooooooo i don't mind getting a bit wet but i agree 6 miles of wet walking is too much! hope it stays dry for you

I haven't done much studying today - only about an hour and a half. My motivation has gone for a wander so if anyone sees it can you please send it back to me? rolleyes.gif

I have fed the animules, had a shower, blow dried my hair and am watching American Idol.

I'm struggling - my earlier euphoria has worn off I wore my contact lens for 10 hours after which time my eye was really tired and gritty and I had to take it out, when it was in I had great distance vision, now it's out I am having problems adjusting to the huge difference between the two eyes. The eye patch sorta works but its very close to my fixed eye and being made of material I'm very concerned about germs & infection so I'm reluctant to wear it now. Without the patch and with my glasses the glare and blurriness vision means I cant really see anything clearly either at a distance or close up. My prescription reading glasses (pre op ones) are slightly better although my vision is blurred, but for some reason theres not so much glare so thats a bit better. What concerns me is that on an ordinary day I would need to wear that contact lens for around 17 hours a day, I just hope my eye will get used to it so I can wear it for longer and longer periods.

On top of that the over the counter reading glasses I bought to wear with my distance eyes (1 fixed the other with a contact in) are not brilliant for the pc - they are great for reading and using the phone etc but pretty crap for the computer - everything is pixelated, I'm currently wearing my preop prescription ones which are better but of course still blurry due to the fixed right eye trying to look through a lens that is no longer suited for it which means I cant sit at the pc for long before it starts to do my head in. Having done some more research it seems that even with mono vision contacts I may still have problems using the pc unless I get prescription computer glasses :rolleyes: something I'll have to talk to my optician about but that will only be a solution for the times I can wear a ruddy contact lens .... and if I can only tolerate a contact for half the time I'm awake and needing to do stuff and actually SEE then I am royally fcucked. Feck knows what the solution to that will be *sighs*

Add to that the fact that reading glasses and presumably the same will apply to a near vision contact lens actually dont work for really real close up vision e.g. filing my nails has to be done at arms length now ffs (I had to cut and file my nails because I didnt wanna poke myself in the eye when removing my contact lens) I wanted to do my cuticles etc but the closer to my eye I held my fingers the less I could ruddy well see and I cant hold them far enough away for my fixed distance eye to see them at all! As for plucking my eyebrows or trying to locate an irritating eyelash - for-get-it :mecry: I can only do that when I havent got a lens in the right eye at all, dont have glasses on and with my left eye shut :rolleyes:

Oh and I also have a really great black eye developing nicely - sorry guys no piccies cant use the camera that close to my new eye cos of the flash might try in daylight tomorrow.

Snow, glad the eye op went well :flowers:

Alicia, bit of a shock to find out your lungs have aged so quickly. Hope they can get you treatment quickly to get you back to 43yr old antics! :wink: Good about the booking system. At least you dont have to spend weeks waiting to find out when the next appointment is.

Griff hope the Clomicalm (or however its spelt) works. :GroupHug:

Alex, sounds like you need some fun to focus your mind on your studies. :GroupHug:

Marge, where do you find the energy!! Looking forward to the updates on your allotment. :flowers:

I went on a long overdue night out last night with some work colleagues for a leaving do. Had a great night and very suprisingly didnt wake up with a hangover! :biggrin:

Have been out to look at what we needed for the allotment today and came back with a new shed, new gardening tools (to save keep taking the garden ones) and various other bits and pieces. Hubby has had his wallet emptied today and has been doing all the carrying. .laugh: He must love me! :wub:

Edited by safneo

Crufts in the 10th March - 13th March this year. We are there on 12th

I am flying to Oz on Saturday so we can't make it this year sadly , hope the Oldies have a good day flowers.gif

Sam if you did my job you wouldnt love them :laugh:

I know I know but I am a strange squirrel where elections are concerned laugh.gif remember one of my ambitions is to the returning officer !

Need to catch up properly, but meantime .............. up and iced two cakes, about to prep the coleslaw - except the grater is there and I am here, so I will half prep the coleslaw!

Foot is much better thank you - obviously me doing what the Doctor ordered for once, albeit in desperation, actually did the trick - just put me behind on the prep for the weekend.

Great fun yesterday - trying to cook numerous LARGE jacket potatoes in a gas oven with a door that kept falling off (the paperwork said "electric oven in full working order" :unsure: Think it was just as well I was working for "dog people" who took it all very well and in their stride.

There's some spare croissants and cinnamon rolls here if anyone would like me to throw some your way ................... and still enough to serve for breakfast too.

Anyone, must dash, I have to do a creative invoice. :biggrin:

Morning :tired:

Amy I hope you managed to get back to sleep and that you feel better soon Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Snow sorry to hear about your eye Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I took all four dogs to bed last night, wish I hadn't now rolleyes.gif

I am going to have to really get stuck in to the studying today to make up for the slack efforts of yesterday, so if you seem me on here apart from at lunchtime, please tell me to get back to studying.

Oh and I also have a really great black eye developing nicely - sorry guys no piccies cant use the camera that close to my new eye cos of the flash might try in daylight tomorrow.

Awww, Snow, sorry your still struggling, but this bit made me smile. devotion to Fugee duty to think of taking a picture. Well done :biggrin:

Marge, where do you find the energy!! Looking forward to the updates on your allotment.

I went on a long overdue night out last night with some work colleagues for a leaving do. Had a great night and very suprisingly didnt wake up with a hangover!

I'm not sure energy comes into it, more likely a tight deadline for planting. Oh, that and cake! :wink:

Glad you enjoyed your night out. I now have shed envy, mine is an oldie off ebay. :laugh:

Have woken up and cant get back to sleep. Have a raging sore throat so am feeling woe is me.

Oh no, hope you manage to get some rest today :flowers:

Foot is much better thank you - obviously me doing what the Doctor ordered for once, albeit in desperation, actually did the trick - just put me behind on the prep for the weekend.

There's some spare croissants and cinnamon rolls here if anyone would like me to throw some your way ................... and still enough to serve for breakfast too.

Glad the foot's on the mend, I need cinnamon rolls! :D

Chicken is cooking, batter made for toad in the hole later, so I am back in bed with a cuppa. Will be able to get out quicker once I'm get up. Should be a nice day. :biggrin:

Measuring and marking out today, need to allow an extra hour for talking to other allotmenteers,. Sunday is the day most people are there :rolleyes:

aldi have some gardening offers on today, so will pop in later. Ever since I have been going there and just popping into Tesco on my way to work a couple of times a week, I haven't spent half as much as when doing a "weekly shop". Must be because I'm on a deadline to get to work! :laugh:

Had a disturbed night sleep - I have to wear a solid plastic eye shield at night which Rob says makes me look like a Borg :laugh: - this is taped to my face to hold it in position and it is to ensure that I do not rub my eye which could dislodge the lens, cause infection, and generally not be a good thing at all.... woke up at 4am in the act of rubbing my eye!!!! :ohmy: Eye patch had come off during the night and there I was with a fist jammed against the eye rubbing merrily :wacko: talk about panic stations especially when I looked in the mirror and saw some gunky stuff in the corner of the eye :mecry: cleaned it up and replaced the patch using so much flipping tape I looked like a mummy mummy.jpg

Took me ages and ages to get back to sleep as I was worrying about whether I'd done any damage and worrying about the patch coming off again but eventually managed to get another couple of hours and although the eye is a bit swollen this morning, thankfully I dont appear to have done any damage *phew*