UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

Fab! :biggrin:

well it started off with can you do 2 weeks in January and now its can you come a bit later but stay longer , my business visa will allow me 12 weeks not longer than that in one go laugh.gif

to be honest even 2 weeks will be fantastic

I think I might have reported your last post instead of pressing reply. Apologies for that! :unsure: :laugh:

Sam that's fantastic news :pinkie: Hope it's not Melbourne though cos they've had snow recently according to our Aussie receptionist - out of the frying pan into the fire :laugh:

Griff - Without my reading specs I read that you had to get gnat's yoghurt :laugh: I did wonder where one could buy such a thing :laugh:

I've been eating and reading this afternoon, as well as doing a ton of washing, changing the bedding, more washing, had a bath, changed the covers on the dog beds, etc etc.

I have eaten too much :sick01:

Edited by merledogs

Ok, so who is failing to keep up yet again??? Life is too complicated at the moment, maybe one day I'll get it sorted out and organised into it's own little boxes.

So :flowers: :GroupHug: :wub: :mad: :( :mecry: :unsure: :laugh: please select whichever is appropriate.

On the good side the utility room is finished and I have pics (to follow cos I can't find them!! DUH!) I haven't slept in it yet because it would be too cold right now but maybe when it warms up.

Jules I hope your boss chokes on his sprouts :angry: I also hope the bloke who runs the company I work for chokes on his too :angry: After battling our unfair dismissal case for 20 months, me and my 44 fellow comrades have now reached the end of the road. We were due in court in the summer but the company tried to settle out of court. Because an offer was made (which was rejected) the court case was post-poned and re-arranged for next April. He's now made another offer and our union has basically told us to accept it as they're withdrawing funding due to the fact our solicitor now thinks we'll lose in court :angry: All bar one of us is better off with the new offer apparently. I'm not going to jump for joy over my extra £19 though. So I'll shortly be receiving a small windfall but considering for the past 20 months I've been working more hours for £200 a month less than I was before on my old contract I've got nothing to celebrate because the money goes nowhere near to making up for the amount lost. I'll be looking for a new job after Christmas too :angry:

Went into work yesterday for my last day before christmas, got called in for a surprise meeting at 3pm to be told I was being 'let go', then bosses wished us all a merry christmas and they went home early. I was a bit taken aback at the timing, merry christmas to you too, you cold-hearted gits :laugh: I feel as free as a bird this morning. A bit scared, and skint as that's the only regular money I have coming in, but free :biggrin:

My goodness, what a shock :ohmy:

Good that you feel free though and hope that you find some suitable replacement work asap :flowers:

I'm back, didn't take long and managed to miss the queues. I stopped off at our local butchers shop on the way back, to get eggs and cheese. I was halfway home when I realised that I had left the car behind and had to walk back and get it! :laugh:

Oh dear! Sign of too many other things on your mind.

well done HLGS :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: can i guess??? is it oz????

merledogs glad you got all your shopping done.

Abby keep nice and warm :flowers:

been and done all that i need to do except get live goats yoghurt but i will see how i feel later, i have volunteered to answer the phone at my vets tomorrow if they need me :unsure: they have staff off on holiday and staff off sick, so i offered to answer the phone and take messages..... god knows what the customers would think with me answering the phone :rolleyes:

As it happens I have a few spare goats. You could make your own Yoghurt and save a fortune.

Morning. Its times like now I wish I had a normal job rather than one that has me working every day over xmas and new year. I cant do kennels every day with a hangover :laugh: :laugh:

Lesley, I wish you werent so far down the country from us. My brothers 'menagerie' has plenty of room for an array of waifs such as your mini horses and goats :(

I appear to be hangover free despite making serious inroads into a bottle of tequilla last night :biggrin: not sure why but I actually look forward to Xmas eve despite the fact I'll be spending the day in the kitchen :ohmy: I have all the veg to prep, the turkey to cook, and most importantly of all I need to make the special stock for my traditional Xmas gravy, stock will get made this morning, the base of the gravy will be made early evening and left overnight ready to be finished off just before serving lunch tomorrow :biggrin: I'm going to make double the quantity as Nick says he's really going to miss my gravy this year so I'm going to freeze some and give it to him to take home with him on Boxing day. :biggrin:

ooooo i would love goats :wub: we have a covenant banning the keeping of livestock though :mecry:

saw my mates last night and i am going to spend some time with them and their children next week..... i have known Andy since i was at college and we never get to spend time together really so that will be nice :biggrin: my brother is coming back up today... 4 days of him... oh joy, thankfully i have satellite tv in my bedroom now :laugh:

i hope everyone has a really great christmas eve and all those travelling stay safe :flowers:

Morning. Its times like now I wish I had a normal job rather than one that has me working every day over xmas and new year. I cant do kennels every day with a hangover :laugh: :laugh:

Lesley, I wish you werent so far down the country from us. My brothers 'menagerie' has plenty of room for an array of waifs such as your mini horses and goats :(

We take in and rehome all over the UK you know.

I appear to be hangover free despite making serious inroads into a bottle of tequilla last night :biggrin: not sure why but I actually look forward to Xmas eve despite the fact I'll be spending the day in the kitchen :ohmy: I have all the veg to prep, the turkey to cook, and most importantly of all I need to make the special stock for my traditional Xmas gravy, stock will get made this morning, the base of the gravy will be made early evening and left overnight ready to be finished off just before serving lunch tomorrow :biggrin: I'm going to make double the quantity as Nick says he's really going to miss my gravy this year so I'm going to freeze some and give it to him to take home with him on Boxing day. :biggrin:

I feel terribly inadequate now...my gravy comes courtesy of the veg water poured onto Bisto powder :blush:my parsnips are Aunt Bessie's (carrots will be fresh though), and due to the fact it's just us two this year and my OH loathes them, NO SPROUTS AT ALL!

I feel terribly inadequate now...my gravy comes courtesy of the veg water poured onto Bisto powder :blush:my parsnips are Aunt Bessie's (carrots will be fresh though), and due to the fact it's just us two this year and my OH loathes them, NO SPROUTS AT ALL!

Oh trust me I don't do this every weekend, I'm a big fan of Bisto Instant myself just add hot water and stir :flowers: but when I have the time I DO prefer to make my own, especially at Christmas or if I've roasted a joint and have lovely dripping and juices to use up. As I bought a crown this year rather than a full bird I don't have the giblets for the gravy stock so am using a couple of chicken thighs and drumsticks instead and Nog can have the meat off the bones when they have cooled. Doing it today means less fuss tomorrow and having sat and infused overnight the gravy is much tastier so its win win :biggrin:

Veggies are all fresh, but it's only carrots & sprouts and of course potatoes - I haven't got time to do them tomorrow so they get peeled and put in water overnight. Like you theres only 2 of us (3 with Nog who will have a full xmas dinner) for Xmas day BUT theres 4 of us & 2 dogs for Boxing Day which is when we have the traditional bubble n squeak and cold meats yummmmmyyyy so I need to do enough veggies Xmas day to have plenty of leftovers for the fry up lunch boxing day.

Morning :flowers:

Early preparations make the whole thing a lot easier Snow :biggrin:

We are going to sister in laws for Xmas dinner, so I am a bit free of preparations today, very odd! I love making Christmas dinner. We don't have to be there till 1pm tomorrow, so that leaves plenty of time to be with Jack and Cherry in the morning. Secret Santa is awaiting :santa:

We're off to the new forest on Monday so have lots to do for that. The trip has been in doubt since the snow and us being lurgified, but things have improved a lot on both fronts. Hope it stays that way. :worried: