UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

Morning. I have a throat that feels like someone had sandpapered it. It hurts every time I swallow :(

i was told by a very old chap in a pub where i used to go to get blackcurrant jam, put some in a pan and gently heat until it is runny, allow to cool enough to be able to swallow and sort of gargle it.....apparently it coats your throat. hope you feel better soon.

i hope everyone stays safe and warm in the snow :flowers: we only have a little bit here but it is quite slippy underfoot..... last time we had snow laney managed to rupture both ligaments in one knee and tear his cartilige too so i now detest the snow.

Griff and Whizzie - thanks for the suggestions :liebe94: I normally find some hot water with Manuka honey and lime juice does the trick (with the added benefit that Manuka honey is anti-bacaterial). I just need to get to a shop now to get lime juice - am doing my shopping later so have added it to my list.

We have an inch or two of snow. We already had snow still from earlier in the week but another load arrived in the night. The cats haven't left the house in days and the chickens are not impressed either. Bless their socks, it is funny watching them in the snow, one has taken to goose stepping :laugh:

Hi Mrs Bejo :biggrin:

I have been talking on phone to my mum's carer, she only one of the team who can reach her as Worksop has come to a snowbound halt. Margaret is a kind lady who loves animals. At present she has a cat living in her kitchen in a dog crate. She rescued the poor thing which was stranded in her garden with its long coat clogged up with frozen snow. It's definitely a local cat, it goes along her fence regularly. It isn't pleased to be crated but as there are dogs in the house who aren't cat-friendly, it will just have to cope until owner is found.

:laugh: at owls visitors

We've had loads of snow :biggrin: decided to walk to stables which takes 1 hr 15 mins each way and obviously did horses so how come Izzie is still boinging like an idiot :rolleyes: Best bit was there was no traffic when we set off [no idiots up so early :laugh: ] so Iz was offlead on all roads for the first few miles. She loved it :biggrin:

My neighbour was walking to Tesco, I offered to go with her but she declined on the basis that the journey would be hard enough without me causing mayhem :ohmy:

I can report that walking frames do not act as a stabaliser in the snow, if anything the wheels act as mini snowplows till you find yourself all lopsided and sink slowly into the heap of snow that used to be the lawn.....

I was only there about an hour before said neighbour got back and spotted me - told her she should have taken me with her to keep an eye on me :laugh:

RMgoldstarF. Donna was coming back from work at the hospital and saw an elderly lady struggling along in the snow with some shopping. She stopped her car and offered the lady a lift home. This is the community spirit that used to be around. Not all youngsters are bad.

Proud of my daughter I am. :wub:

RMgoldstarF. Donna was coming back from work at the hospital and saw an elderly lady struggling along in the snow with some shopping. She stopped her car and offered the lady a lift home. This is the community spirit that used to be around. Not all youngsters are bad.

Proud of my daughter I am. :wub:

thats indeed lovely and very kindhearted of Donna flowers.gif

:rolleyes: Trudi :laugh:

Donna :flowers:

My dad and stepmum are due back from America today going to Gatwick then here to Guernsey. Looks like they've got a longer holiday than planned!!

RM Sledging Fact...Jodie says its very painful when you put your hand down and run over it in the sledge :rolleyes: luckily its a plastic one!

Edited by collies r best

i was told by a very old chap in a pub where i used to go to get blackcurrant jam, put some in a pan and gently heat until it is runny, allow to cool enough to be able to swallow and sort of gargle it.....apparently it coats your throat. hope you feel better soon.

I can remember getting warm blackcurrrant jam for a sore throat when I was a child. I hated it.

Trudi, you were stuck there in the snow for an hour?? :ohmy:

Warmth from indoors has defrosted our door so we can now shut it - hooray!

Glad to hear that Owl. My daughter tells me one of her neighbours went out on his tractor to go to Appernowle to get some ballast for the trailer, and he had to give up...on a tractor! It must be really bad over there. She is in a panic, they can't get their car out at all, and she's run out of food and milk. :mecry: