UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Rmf

Helly

Happy Birthday for yesterday 9-year-old-puppy-Toblie!

(I was looking for that wave emoticon only the other day only I couldn't find it! Glad I didn't imagine its existence, was starting to think I had! )

Great to hear Nog & Bruno are getting on so well now too, it is nice to be able to share dogsitting.

Sounds like Roger the webfooted strawberryhound will be someone's perfect doophus-dog, he's very handsome too.

I am off to pick up a foster Corgi-ish from Exeter later. Am wondering what the (non-corgi) half will be - had a strange dream last night where it turned out to be wolfhound. Awake, I would have difficulty imagining a corgi-wolfhound, but apparently my subconscious has no difficulty with that at all. :laugh:

I am guessing it will really be JRT or something. Bracing for yaps! No doubt the cats will be hugely offended, but then they always are. I think it's good for the cats to have someone to disapprove of. It unites them as a group: otherwise they tend to splinter into factions. :wink:

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive dragged myself together and now need to sort out one horse going off to her new home and the appropriate paperwork. I could sleep for ever instead.

Its lovely and sunny here which has flushed the grass in the fields and Ive just looked out of the window to see Isadora the giant puppy standing on a chair next to the fence so its time to activate myself before I have another thing to deal with.

morning. woke up at 6 and it was lovely and sunny out. Way too early so I went back to bed. got up again just after 7 and it was grey and miserable and windy and its trying to rain. Still packing away the contents of the house ready for the roof coming off next week :wacko:

Hello :wavey:

I seem to have lost my way, I havn't posted for ages and its difficult to get back to doing it somehow

Hello :wavey:

Belated happy 9th birthday Toblie :partytime:

Thanks for all your good thoughts, I am ok now. I sent the evening in the garden cooling off, so hopefully nothing else will happen today. My hair does look ok, not one sided, That would have just added insult to injury :laugh:

Have a good day all. :liebe94:

I hadn't noticed the wavey emoticon had gone, but then I always type the code : wavey : (without the spaces) :wavey:

I have mown the lawn front and back. I don't expect the neighbours would have been happy to hear the lawnmower going at 9am on a Sunday, but I'm sure they'll get over it. Rain is forecast for later and I wanted to get the lawn done and put some grass seed down on the front lawn - since it was mostly moss and I put moss killer on it, so it looks a mess now and needs some greenery.

Some disgusting specimen has left another used poo bag in my front garden :mad:

I have done my chores for the day, apart from studying. I may have a nap before I start doing stuff again.

well the grey skies have gone again and the blue sky is back. The poor greyhound volunteers are trying to second guess the weather as we have a stand at the Stockton Heath Festival today but not a lot of cover if it rains.

Do I detect the smell of enthusism on RMF this morning ???

Yeah !

catch you all back here later for updates. Im off up the field now to bring in a lovely old mare who I dispaired of finding a home for. She is off to her very own stable and a huge country park next to her house. She will have the time of her life.

heres to homing the rest of the long stayers.

3 sanctuaries in Wales have gone this year so far and its the hardest I have ever known it to be but Im still here so best put effort into homing.

Morning

Took Fergus out early and seems like everyone else had the same idea. Have seen so many dogs out for a long while. Never mind he still got a good run off and we had a jog together so got that job done too.

Di the stall should be ok as I very much doubt it's going to rain here today. It is quite windy though. It's made it a lot more pleasant out there though as it was stifling yesterday. Typical when the jobs I'm doing today are all indoors.

Alex hope you have a good study session.

I'm supposed to be doing 2 assignments this weekend but got caught up with the transport run yesterday so will attempt to get at least 1 done. Also have to do a lot of fiddling with a website which is going to be very time consuming and tres boring but needs must.

Walked the hounds down to the Tamar: so hot when we got there they both plunged in and stood there up to their tummies! They'll be swimming next! ohmy.gif

Yay for oldie mare in lovely new home. biggrin.gif

I am not yet on my way to Exeter, but am poised like a springing cougar to LEAP into my car and whizz over there when the call arrives. Or something like that. laugh.gif

:GroupHug: Marge i hope you don't faint again...and i am very glad your hair didn't turn out one sided :biggrin:

Happy belated birthday Toblie :flowers:

:GroupHug: for all who want one

i have been up to lidl this morning... we went in got what we wanted and came out... i glanced over and there was a van with a tiny gap in the window and a dog in there in the heat...we waited 10 minutes and nobody arrived, went and had a look at the dog who was panting heavily and saw the owner had left his keys in the ignition with the most friendly dog imaginable...we trotted back into lidl to ask them to put a call out for the owner... they have no tannoy :rolleyes: about 10 minutes after that the owner arrived got in his van and drove off with the same stupidly small gap in the window..we wouldn't leave incase the dog passed out. when will people realise 10 minutes is enough in a hot car to do a dog serious damage or kill it :angry: having a barbie this afternoon and i am muchly hoping the smoke wafts into the noisy neighbours garden :laugh: