UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Rmf

Helly

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went to my friends. while I was there, a pigeon fell down the chimney, her fella had to take the chimney breast apart, in the rented house, to get it out. it was alive. they put it in a dog crate with some water to get over the shock before releasing it.

got a huge bag of lamb bones, so 2 friends have had some, loads over

Owlmobile has to be in dock Weds and Thurs next week for sills being welded & new front springs, but nothing wrong apart from that.

The sun is struggling through the cloud and rain and we are off to Brechfa forest. Last night it was quite chilly but I slept well and woke feeling very warm and snug ... because someone had sneaked under the duvet and was lying against my back :laugh:

The new baby is going to be gutted to discover he has big sisters waiting in the wings. You will have to be straight with Whispa and tell her the stork brought him while she was on her hols.

:GroupHug: Dex, hope he will be o.k :flowers:

:GroupHug: for Helly and her dad and :GroupHug: Jazz's mum and also marges friend :GroupHug: i lost my nan to cancer & most of her relatives too and my other nan has just got over cancer (at the moment she is in the clear)i think it is one of the most awful things that can happen to a person.

For whoever needs their dressings changed i hope you managed to get it done if no willing volunteers either blackmail or walk in centre :biggrin:

:GroupHug: for anyone else who wants them

i went to the ENT chap... i had to have a hearing test which lasted for ever and the consultant was very shocked by my results.... i am going in to have grommets (at my age!!!) and they are going to check i don't have a tumour causing the tubes to be blocked.... i gave myself a headache listening for the noises in the test. just have to wait for the op date and the funniest thing was i saw the consultant today (nhs) who i should have been going to see private on tuesday :laugh:

Dex home and has transferred her shadowing to him and even forsaken guarding her beloved chooks to be on Dex watch

Good girl :wub:

Cocoa is still scabby and getting worse, I have put a silver healing elastoplast dressing on him - any ideas on how to keep it there would be greatly received. He wears a buster collar at the moment, but it's in a position that he can still attack.

:GroupHug:

The new baby is going to be gutted to discover he has big sisters waiting in the wings. You will have to be straight with Whispa and tell her the stork brought him while she was on her hols.

Ooh, what have I missed? :unsure:

:GroupHug: For you and your mum Jazz.

Hope they get to the bottom of whatever's wrong with your ears Griff :flowers:

I have spent the afternoon at the hairdresser's and keeled over in a faint at a crucial point in the colouring with foils. I think they thought I would have to go to A&E. :unsure: What a sight i would have looked with half finished hair!! Thankfully, after a sit down outside (Where they finished the process) and lots of glasses of water, I well enough for them to finish completely. they kindly gave me a discount too. :huh:

I'm sitting outside now, still feel a bit unsteady, so will take things easy tonight.

Welcome home lad you'd best give him a name Phebe :laugh:

He has been named Roger by the rescue which is helping me to find a home for him. He will be up on their site soon. It is the same name as the runaway beagle x jrt who gave me and Wispa lots of exercise on the Gower coast path last month, and as this one is the same colour with similar markings it seems appropriate.

No, he is not staying :angry: He has the recall of a deaf beagle :banghead: and he doesn't bark at anyone coming to the door but growls at sudden heavy rain :blink: He has the most heavily webbed feet I have ever seen but doesn't like water. No strawberry is safe within a mile of him. He left gungy marks on the laptop screen because he was trying to lick someone in a film I was watching on iPlayer :withstupid: I have tried the whistle with him, but he doesn't understand it is me blowing it even if I put to my lips and blow while he is watching me. Instead he runs round like an idiot trying to find out where the noise is coming from. I took him for a good long trek in the forest on a 15 ft webbing line and he was fine with that. If I had let him offlead he would be arriving in Birmingham just about now. :blink:

Yes, he loves me, but he would love anyone who treated him well and gave him a decent life with nice walks and some understanding. He will be much happier in a home with more people in it. Tis a tad boring for him here. And he is just not my type of dog. I have never had a failed foster dog yet (Wispa was a foster-with-view from the start) and I don't intend to start now. :nahnah:

So if anyone knows a suitable home in need of a web-footed strawberryhound, please direct them here!

Hello :wavey:

I seem to have lost my way, I havn't posted for ages and its difficult to get back to doing it somehow :unsure:

My niece gave birth last night to a little girl only 3lb 9oz but all is okay shes in an incubator but all signs are good.

Its Toblies 9th birthday today, how the years have flown by, he came to us when he was 11 months old a nightmare bouncy know no bounds lab, whose recall was nill. He's still a bouncy know no bounds boy but at least his recall is good :rolleyes:

Looking forward to watching F1 tomorrow but disappointed that Button is so far back on the grid :(

We have fox cubs visiting the building site next door and Beenzie id doing a very good neighbourhood watch lying on the balcony and telling me every time they arrive :laugh:

Errmm I guess thats many RMF's in one go, just trying to catch up :laugh:

We have had a very pleasant and successful evening - operation slowly slowly with Nog & Bruno entered the final stage tonight with us going over to Nick & Vicky's house and Nog being on Bruno's home turf for the first time. The intros with Nog & Bruno had to go on hold when Nog did his leg in and we had to start again from scratch, Bruno has been coming here most Sundays for the past couple of months, then we dog sat him for a whole day when Nick & Vicky went to Wales but thats all been on Nog's turf and it was always going to be touch and go on Bruno's turf as he's very protective of it. We went over to Nick & Vicky's met up with them and Bruno on neutral ground in the car park and went off for a walk - which went well and then we came back and sat out in their garden for a while before having a chinese take away. Bruno was fine with having Nog in the house and they both were relaxed and chilled out enough to crash out and sleep in their respective beds while we ate. :biggrin: Bruno will be here again tomorrow while Nick, Vicky and I go bootsaleing and Rob will dog sit. Now we know they are fine together on Bruno's turf we can share the dog sitting arrangements so that Nog can go to Nick if we want to go out for longer than a couple of hours :biggrin:

Rob also came up with a solution for my too hot to sleep problems and I'm astonished that I had bever thought of it myself - so I have a cold water bottle chilling in the fridge for tonight which I hope will keep me lovely and cool can't think why I never thought of it myself.