UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Rmf

Helly

Morning all - tis mega scorchio here

Sam, please listen to the wise Owl and sort out the wiring as soon as. In the meatime don't wash :ohmy:

Yay for Pierce's ear.

Thank you for all the kind messages about Dex, he had a good night, woolfed down his brekkie and is now snoozing :biggrin: Fleur has been my little constant shadow all week :wub: She's so pleased to have Dex home and has transferred her shadowing to him and even forsaken guarding her beloved chooks to be on Dex watch :wub:

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sorry about your dad. Im going through it with mother. to see a woman I didnt like as she was so dominant, become a frail old woman, vulerable, its a shock.

Im glad dex is feeling better

I hope your rump is feeling better. can you use a mirror to do the dressings or pop to the doctors?

sorry if ive fotgotten anyone, 3 is a record for me lol

ouch to your bottom, :wub: to Tikka and Dex, don't want a FLGS prefer HLGS please :flowers:

Postive thoughts for all the very poorly Moms, Dad's and friends.

Cocoa is still scabby and getting worse, I have put a silver healing elastoplast dressing on him - any ideas on how to keep it there would be greatly received. He wears a buster collar at the moment, but it's in a position that he can still attack.

Morning. Don't know who Cocoa is but hope he's ok very soon. :GroupHug:

Marge really sorry to hear your friend isn't doing so well. Hope she picks up again and get's through :GroupHug:

Sam don't use the electrics until fixed. I know that's easier said than done where you are but when it decides to go you won't get another warning and that will be that.

Pleased Pierce is getting better. Hope you get your dressing changed Lizzie and you're less sore very soon :GroupHug:

I'm waiting to get in the shower as I need to bank some cheques for Oldies. Martyn is in there at the mo.

sorry should have explained the wiring is in a shower room at our new clinic that we are not using ( because its dangerous ) we are getting the dogstar house/clinic sorted but as its our ( the 3 trustees ) money and not Dogstars ( charity ) we have a restricted budget so we are getting the required work done in stages.

So far this week I have had 2 sparks working on the rest of the house so thats now safe , I am currently still staying with my adopted family at MEF where they have a shower that does not have bare wires poking out of the wall and a light fitting in the line of the shower head laugh.gif so I can be clean and safe

sorry should have explained the wiring is in a shower room at our new clinic that we are not using ( because its dangerous ) we are getting the dogstar house/clinic sorted but as its our ( the 3 trustees ) money and not Dogstars ( charity ) we have a restricted budget so we are getting the required work done in stages.

So far this week I have had 2 sparks working on the rest of the house so thats now safe , I am currently still staying with my adopted family at MEF where they have a shower that does not have bare wires poking out of the wall and a light fitting in the line of the shower head laugh.gif so I can be clean and safe

Good. Was just about to sugggest you went back up to MEF for your showers etc rather than risk zapping yourself. A fried squirrel wouldnt be much good out there with so much going on :laugh:

Good. Was just about to suggest you went back up to MEF for your showers etc rather than risk zapping yourself. A fried squirrel wouldn't be much good out there with so much going on :laugh:

we did toy with the idea that shonky wiring and plumbing was a heath robinson method of making a heated shower ( house is cold water only ) but decided against it laugh.gif , actually we are going to use a number of solar showers like the one you donated last year to supply heated water when needed which is an amazingly cost effective solution and very eco friendly to boot

Phew, tis 'ot here Hot.jpg

I took the dogs for a walk and then had a shower and went to Sainsburys.

Treated myself to a couple of CDs - Mumford and Sons and Plan B. Am loving the Mumford CD, tis fab :comic19: :jammin: :guitar: (SUEP)

Edited by merledogs

we did toy with the idea that shonky wiring and plumbing was a heath robinson method of making a heated shower ( house is cold water only ) but decided against it laugh.gif , actually we are going to use a number of solar showers like the one you donated last year to supply heated water when needed which is an amazingly cost effective solution and very eco friendly to boot

I think I got that off amazon. with all the sunshine over there I would imagine they would work very well.

Now having a nosy on Amazon to see wot you're talking about like

You don't mean a Gelert camping shower thing do you?

yep thats the one. Fill it with water, hang it out in the sunshine and at the end of the day nice warm water to shower in. I got one for sam to try out when I went over there and thought it was worth a go :laugh:

Those showers are great, I've used a similar idea before, expect ours was a bucket with holes in - you covered up the holes to heat the water, and then had a very fast shower once warmish.

Been running this morning with the 2 sheps. Found a new path that looks as though it will have a stream when we get some rain.

Have taken the 2 spangles swimming. Talyn swam exceedingly well, and his life jacket was removed very quickly as it was deemed unnecessary. He was really stretching out his back legs behind him and had lots of fun. Breckin still needed his life jacket as he hasn't quite got body position nailed yet, but he did have some time out of it and has really started to swim quite well, with less splashing. Neither of them appear to be very tired though, which they really should. Am watching Talyn closely as he may get a bit sore as he doesn't normally use his back legs properly all the time still. Will do some TTouch later probably.

Will wait till it cools down to take Syd out, although I might wander over to the summer fete at Petworth park with him this afternoon.

I'm feeling quite tired though, think I've caught a bit of a cold as I've been sneezing all over the place, and seem to have a blocked nose.

Owlmobile has to be in dock Weds and Thurs next week for sills being welded & new front springs, but nothing wrong apart from that.

The sun is struggling through the cloud and rain and we are off to Brechfa forest. Last night it was quite chilly but I slept well and woke feeling very warm and snug ... because someone had sneaked under the duvet and was lying against my back :laugh: