UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Rmf

Helly

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry everyone, and thank you for your concern. I was/am just so angry and disappointed with my work. Yet again I have handed over my work and yet again it goes out as someone elses.

Someone did that a few times to me - I hid "authored by xxxxx" in the footer (cos they wouldn't bother checking before sending out) :wink:

Morning. Its trying to rain here but only spitting. Need a good downpour to save me having to water the plants and flowers.

I got my date through for my shoulder operation. A week on Friday :ohmy: Never had an operation, or an anasthetic before.

Good luck with your operation :flowers:

It has been raining in Mank-chester, which is good cos United Utilities have introduced a hosepipe ban from Friday.

Nesty :wub: and the bedlinen is nice too.

Murtle, that is horrid about your work :angry:

I have a bit of a bad throat, doubtless have caught a bug which is going round. Luckily the lodger doesn't care for going out in pouring rain, so we are giving walkies a miss for the day. He is quite happy running up and down stairs playing with a ball.

Life in the owlery is very strange right now. It is silent except when I have the radio on, as the lodger is a complete non-barker. I can go to bed when I like, not precisely at 10 pm (Polly's rules, not mine!) I do not have to provide intellectual stimulation for him as he has no apparent intellect. He can play with a toy for ages without getting bored. It never occurs to him to argue with me. I could really get to like all this! Except that if some dog went walkabout he would be of little help on a search.

Looks like I have a bit if a holiday too, with no need for anaesthetic :laugh:

nesty is a cuddly toy lover like lissie, so might find a few more in ikea later. she lets me know if she has intentionally kicked her ball under the unit, it fascinates her, me getting the grabber and pushing it back out. I watched her drop the ball by the unit and kick it under! lol then growls the lassie 'its here' growl :rolleyes:

Evening

Scoobs does that sometimes. "Loses" toys under the sofa then barks (very cute fashion) til I help him get it back out.

Di you're in the right place for what happens when you have an operation advice :rolleyes: If you're wondering about dos and don'ts when you get back home ask the questions before the op as they don't think to tell you anything at all.

If you're to go home the same day they won't let you go until you've managed to keep down a slice of toast and don't feel sick from the anaesthetic. Make sure someone is around to take you home as you might feel a bit wobbly. They'll talk to you when they give you that so don't worry. You'll go to sleep and not realise until you wake up and it's all over. Make sure someone is around to take you home as you might feel a bit wobbly. As it's your shoulder you won't be driving anyway. I take it they've advised you how long it will be before you can start lugging round bags of dog food/drive etc. If you need an extra pair of hands give me a shout. It's hard not to especially when you don't know what to expect but try not to wibble in the lead up. You'll be absolutely fine. I've had 2 major ops and if someone told me now I had to go in again tomorrow I wouldn't be bothered. The worst bit is the afterwards when you can't do stuff. :GroupHug:

I'm on antibiotics for an ear infection. Have had it since Friday. Actually feel better today apparently because it's popped which the doc wasn't too impressed with. That will teach them to leave it until today for my appointment :laugh:

Owl

"I have a bit of a bad throat, doubtless have caught a bug which is going round".

Can you catch it by email cos we have it too ? Debbie has the sore throat and I just want to sleep and get rid of the headache.

Please god dont let it be the full blown stomach rocking virus.

Edited by Trallwm farm

I got my date through for my shoulder operation. A week on Friday :ohmy: Never had an operation, or an anasthetic before.

I've had a few over the years. Anaesthetics are v good these days - I seem to wake up with no side effects.

However, today I had a new Mirena coil inserted under sedation and I feel just like I've had several gins but with no accompanying dizziness. Blooming great!! :biggrin:

Hope all goes well for you, Helly

Good thoughts for Fugees and Fugeehounds with bad ears - several at present.

I don't think you can catch this virus by email Lesley but it's going round the area. Various people I know have it.

I take back what I said about the lodger and his tracking ability. His nose may well be as good as Wispa's. He also appears to have a brain, now that he has chilled out. He has now realised that it is ok to do toilet on lead, but not to do it in the house. When it stopped raining we had a walk on the mountain and he had fun following scents and doing lots of pointing. Hope we can find the right home for him pdq, he is getting his feet under the table and I want him on his way before long and my girls back.

he shouldnt be waiting long owl hes scrummy :wub:

dim quote of the day from hubby just now

"aww poppy seems to be calming down a bit now bless her"

Poppy is thirteen and has lived with us since she was five months i should feckin well hope she is calming down :laugh:

I was begining to look towards a supernatural reason why about 50 slugs face the front door last thing every night.

I feel slightly less haunted to discover that they were there because Dibs was feeding them with cat biscuits each night.

sadly I only discovered the truth when Rolex the elderly dane made a late night snack out of both slugs and biscuits. I feel iller now than I did before.

:laugh: at Poppy 'settling down' it's never too late I suppose.

Good luck with your op Di :flowers:

While me and Whuppety Jake were plodding round the block this morning (he's still down in the dumps) I worked out that we had had Tess for just under a thousand days. I know that's loads and I'm grateful for every one of them, but I still want her back so much :mecry:

Good luck in your meeting Alex, I'm sure you will make a good account of yourself :flowers:

Morning :tired:

I am wibbling about a meeting a select few of us are having with our Managing Director this afternoon (2 long hours). I hate being in situations where I am likely to open my gob and say the wrong thing.

Im sure you will be fine. If it gets a bit heavy going, treat it as an interview and imagine them naked on the loo.

JulesB :GroupHug:

Good luck Alex :flowers:

An American member just posted this news item on a list I belong to, and I had to share:

Texas Beer Joint Sues Church

In Mt. Vernon, Texas, Drummond's Bar began construction on a new building to increase their business. In response, the local Baptist church started a campaign to block the bar from opening with petitions and prayers. Work progressed right up until the week before opening when lightning struck the bar and it burned to the ground.

The church folks were rather smug in their outlook after that, until the bar owner sued the church on the grounds that the church was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building, either through direct or indirect actions or means.

In its reply to the court, the church vehemently denied all responsibility or any connection to the building's demise.

The judge read through the plaintiff's complaint and the defendant's reply and at the opening hearing he commented, "I don't know how I'm going to decide this, but it appears from the paperwork that we have a bar owner who believes in the power of prayer, and an entire church congregation that does not."