UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Rmf

Mrs B

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the "will Sam ever get a paid job before retirement age" soap opera continues with yet another day of no contact from Client , last I heard was Tuesday when they were submitting more paperwork to finance department

I shall send them a postcard from Sri Lanka !

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

We put Saffy hair out for the birds too. We sat and watched them pulling big clumps apart the weekend before last. They were almost fighting over it! :rolleyes:

Jules, I hope you can get Jemima's squitts sorted out :GroupHug:

Snow, I hope that Nog hasnt hurt his leg but have an idea. You know how kids with eating disorders (faddy/fussy) get worse (or at least don't improve) with mum stressing and fretting over them starving because they aren't eating anything? I was one once! Do you think Nog (being your soul dog too) will be picking up on your anxiety about him using (or not using)that leg? As long as vet says his leg is ok, might be worth just ignoring the whole thing for a couple of weeks? Just a thought :flowers:

Julia, I can't believe you lost a ball! :laugh: And as for a lab nicking someones picnic :rolleyes: Shame on the other woman! :ohmy: How rude!

I am home. I have Pizza Express for tea later and I have cider (starting now). I haven't had cider for years, tis really rather yummy.

Enjoy! You deserve it. :biggrin:

Greysmum, I hope Blues foot is feeling better tomorrow, though your pocket won't be!

I am hoping the insurance pay out quickly for Neo's meds/xrays as I need that for spending money on holiday! 6 weeks and one day to go! :biggrin:

the "will Sam ever get a paid job before retirement age" soap opera continues with yet another day of no contact from Client , last I heard was Tuesday when they were submitting more paperwork to finance department

I shall send them a postcard from Sri Lanka !

Sam, can you ring them on the basis you are informing them that you are going away and see if there is any update?

Hi and thank you very much to everyone that pm'd me, I will reply. I'm not suicidal or depressed just mega cheesed off with a great big chip on my shoulder.

Can I have some good thoughts for my SiL Sally, her parents had saved for the holiday/cruise of a lifetime and were supposed to go last year but had to cancel due to an illness. On this holiday Sally's mum had to have her gall bladder removed, then in Namibia her father fell over and hit his head. A couple of hospitals refused to treat him and he never recovered from the operation. Her poor mum had to make the decision to turn off the life support machine and now she's stuck in Namibia waiting to get her husband cremated so she can come home. RIP Grover, who loved animals, birds and the wonder of nature :GroupHug:

Edited by chickentikka

Hi and thank you very much to everyone that pm'd me, I will reply. I'm not suicidal or depressed just mega cheesed off with a great big chip on my shoulder.

Can I have some good thoughts for my SiL Sally, her parents had saved for the holiday/cruise of a lifetime and were supposed to go last year but had to cancel due to an illness. On this holiday Sally's mum had to have her gall bladder removed, then in Namibia her father fell over and hit his head. A couple of hospitals refused to treat him and he never recovered from the operation. Her poor mum had to make the decision to turn off the life support machine and now she's stuck in Namibia waiting to get her husband cremated so she can come home. RIP Grover, who loved animals, birds and the wonder of nature :GroupHug:

So glad to see you back on here but terribly sad to read about your SiL's parents. What an awful thing to happen, sending good thoughts for Sally and her Mum. :GroupHug:

I can't even begin to imagine what the poor mum is going through Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Ben and Daisy had an "incident" this evening. Ben was enjoying a bit of lamb breast when Daisy thought she would muscle in on the action, Ben told her to nob off, Daisy being Daisy panicked, snarked back at him and managed to nick the corner of his eye, didn't half bleed a lot, he's fine though, and they seem to have made up but I'll have to keep an eye on Daisy round food, she's getting to be extremely greedy, she would never have tried to pinch food from another dog before.

How tragic, my thoughts are with your SIL and her mum :mecry:

Greys mum, hope both of your hounds improve soon :GroupHug:

Have not kept up very well as resolved to have a quiet week, which of course meant that all kinds of things happened every single day. Transporting, trapping, tracking, and a dramatic quarry rescue involving rather a lot of nice firemen :wub: But it has been a successful week as various dogs and pups got to destinations, the dumped and injured dog was trapped and taken to rescue, and one very lucky basset was removed from ledge half way up a 160 ft cliff. I would like to order a totally boring day for tomorrow please.

Greysmum - hope poorly foot heals up soon flowers.gif

Tiks - Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

My day went from bad to worse - got a call from hubby not long after he left theis evening to do a victim support visit to say MY car had overheated and boiled over and he was stuck at the side of the road and could I come out and bring water? So I drove out to him but we decided to call RAC man rather than risk just pouring water in and attempting to get the car home - seems my radiator looks to have been stone damaged and is cracked on the main core and will probably need to be totally replaced rolleyes.gif mecry.gif thats going to mean a fair few hundred quids *sighs* more pressing is the fact that with one car off the road we're going to struggle with both of us getting to work as neither direction or times coincide and theres no buses or alternate ways of getting there for either one of us. We'll just have to hope nice garage man is able to fit the car in urgently and be able to source me a new radiator quickly however .......there has been a bright spot amongst all the gloom .....

Nog has started to tentatively put his leg down, he's not fully weight bearing on it but the whole foot was flat on the floor with toes spread and he's been using his toes to balance himself so fingers crossed he'll grow more confident and use it again.

**Safneo - as far as possible we do try and pretend not to be bothered about him using or not using the leg, rather than treating him like an invalid for example: I have left the stairgate open ever since he stopped using the leg and spreadeagled himself on the stairs, he's been mithering and crying to come up and I've ignored him and walked away telling him he knows what to do if he wants to come up - and he's been growing more and more confident on them each day (I hide round the corner ready to intervene and listening out with my heart in my mouth until he's safely up and on my bed). The problem is the clever sod has learned to go up and down on just the 3 legs rolleyes.gif

so sad :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: for all poorly pets and cars and the expenses they bring.

Hmmm, we're off camping today :unsure: Bit wet now, but none of the group we're with wants to cancel. Keith's just been pondering on whether anyone will have a tractor in case we need to get the car pulled out. Deosn't inspire confidence :unsure:

have a good weekend everyone :liebe94:

Morning :tired:

Tiks - my thoughts are with Grover's family Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Ben and Daisy had an "incident" this evening. Ben was enjoying a bit of lamb breast when Daisy thought she would muscle in on the action, Ben told her to nob off, Daisy being Daisy panicked, snarked back at him and managed to nick the corner of his eye, didn't half bleed a lot, he's fine though, and they seem to have made up but I'll have to keep an eye on Daisy round food, she's getting to be extremely greedy, she would never have tried to pinch food from another dog before.

I hope they've made up now flowers.gif

Owl - hoping you have a quiet day flowers.gif (but miffed we didn't get pics of firemen)

Marge - enjoy your camping, hope the weather isn't too bad where you're going flowers.gif

I am home. I have Pizza Express for tea later and I have cider (starting now). I haven't had cider for years, tis really rather yummy.

and cheap too :biggrin: , especially if you grow un in

somerset surrounded by farms

CT, thinking of you and your SIL's family right now :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: for Nog as well

RMF after today I am off until wednesday :biggrin:

Let the studying commence. I have set myself 3 chapters a day over the next 4 days, shouldn't take more than a couple of hours a day max. Once I've done that, I am off shopping to Asda, then I need to do some cleaning. My life is so exciting, I bet you're all jealous rolleyes.gif