UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

Get a memory foam mattress topper (see doggy chat thread) and put it in a quilt cover or double it over and get a spare dog bed cover flowers.gif

oh thats a good idea thank u i have spent the aftrenoon doggie proofing the house baby gates up runner and rugs down thought id get her used to it now shes going to have enough going on when she gets home. flowers.gif

Home safely. biggrin.gif

My goodness what a night here. It took me one and half hours to get to my first call. (i had allowed 3/4) Total gridlock, sheet ice right across the roads. It seemed rather strange to see cars going the other way sideways.ohmy.gif A14 and A12 at a standstill. Anyone in East Anglia who doesn't have to be out must be mad to venture outside their front door. Oh, the car down the road had slid out of their driveway.ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Knocked, but no-one came to the door.

Hope that all other fugees and safe and warm. flowers.gif

Seeing if this works

My cats have not been impressed with the snow and hate the litter tray...so OH dug them a path and we made them a soil litter tray with some of my compost I'd bought but not yet used. With the sun shining outside Butter had some play time chasing snow balls on the snow.

http://www.therefuge.org.uk/forums/uploads/1261956435/gallery_1768_164_211.jpg

http://www.therefuge.org.uk/forums/uploads/1261956435/gallery_1768_164_211.jpg

Edited by murtle

Brrrrrr! So much for modern heating, just 2 months after installation our central heating boiler has packed up! The old one was original to the house and after 50 years of perfect service we sacrificed it for modern efficiency. It's going to be a cold night in this house. :(

The boiler went in the cattery today but thankfully I have a lovely plumber and he came straight out. Apparently most modern boilers have a small conderser bottle inside, which feeds to a pipe that tends to drip outside. When the pipe outside freezes, the water comes back into the boiler and shorts the circuit within. He tells me he has dealt with about 15 or so in the last week.

Thats todays lesson in modern boilers completed :laugh:

I get up anything from 5ish to 6ish, depends when the dogs start bouncing around.. :biggrin: but was up bright and early to do me tax things yesterday only to find they sent me wrong number :laugh: sorted it all out today..

Took Lottie to park but snow was as high as her and she put her paws on her hips and said nooooo way... :wacko: so i tugged her lead to say come on then we go on the path and she refused to move and slipped her collar and just sat their.. so i said come on and ended up carrying her back to the main road :laugh: only for her to sniff at every flipping snowflake on way home, but we accidentally bumped into the chippy and they gave her a sausage and ran it under cold water tap so she was a happy little dog.. Millie is refusing to go out and after yesterday think Lottie will as well till it goes down a bit, good job we got big garden..

However the collies the medium ones love it and bound around.. and i love throwing snowballs at them as they jump up and catch it..

Have slipped about 20 times, in town today and I laughed at hubby :laugh: who nearly went and 2 seconds later i did :wacko: it was like that till we got past the banks lol, mind you we skated down to tax office it was just a sheet of ice.. had us in hysterics..

OK Helly, Ill divert the snow past your place :) better get to bed, doglets will be awake around 5 or 6ish.. night night everyone xxx

Morning :tired:

I have some, pop round and you can have it!!!

Thank you for the offer laugh.gif

.......and what sort of person has tomato sauce with egg n' chip ? !!!!!, it's brown sauce and it has to be Daddies, none of that HP muck.laugh.gif

Wash your mouth out lady angry.gif Tomato sauce is the king of sauces tongue.gif I have also run out of brown sauce, I need to do a sauce run rolleyes.gif

Greys mum - your journey sounds horrific, glad you got home in one piece flowers.gif

Murtle - that's a lovely pic wub.gif

Mia seems a bit better this morning - she's just been out and had a 'normal' wee, ie she didn't squat for ages like she has been doing. She had her first lot of antibiotics last night so that must have helped. She's just had the second lot and her metacam. She is the only cat that I have been able to give tablets to without her taking my hand off. I luffs my cool-cat wub.gif

RMF : Still freezing here. Apparently the night before last was -15 in Manchester, now that is cold.

glad you're safe greysmum :flowers:

Glad Mia is feeling better :wub:

Brown sauce for egg and chips here :biggrin:

Hope all poorly boilers get fixed, it's no fun having nothing in this weather. :unsure:

Lovely pic Murtle :wub:

I've been managing to get to work ok as well as picking up colleagues who were either walking to work or didn't want to drive. Main roads have been fine, but side roads and pavements, very icy. I got my shopping done at lunchtime yesterday, so am sorted foodwise. I've been up since six, cooked the dogs food, made some yummy veg soup for lunches in the week, prepared stuff for dinner this evening as well as cooked mince for freezing. Just having my porridge while waiting for the chicken to finish cooking in the oven.

Apologies to those of you who have had too much of it, but I can't wait to get out this morning with the dogs an PLAY!! Been waiting all week for this :laugh:

stay safe and warm today folks :flowers:

Edited by houndzrus

Morning.

I haven't actually just got up, honest, I just like to try to get some jobs done before I switch on the PC.

We actually had some snow last night. Waiting for Mr-B-who-has-terminal-man-flu to get up and then I'm going to take the dogs for an exciting walk. I need him up 'cause there's no way I'm going to take both of them together, and if one goes out without the other the one left behind feels extremely aggrieved, and tends to flump wildly all around the house!

Bin Day yesterday - the instructions on the Council's website are "we may not collect, but put your bin out, and if it's not leave it where we can get it for when we do". No collection yesterday. Went to put more rubbish in last night to find the lid was frozen shut anyway.

Going to dive into my freezer later (figuratively) and see what exciting meat packages I have in there that I can turn into more exciting meat casserole type things, using what veggies I have - which isn't as much as normal as the Market stalls this week were depleted for lack of deliveries. Thaw them today, nice cooking session tomorrow, ready meals ready made for the rest of the week.

Right, my cafetiere should now have done what it should to my coffee, off to indulge.

Oh, and I have a stack of foodie treats for my birds, just need to make sure the table is clear of snow and then I'm going to fill it up with bits for them.

Brrrrrr! So much for modern heating, just 2 months after installation our central heating boiler has packed up! The old one was original to the house and after 50 years of perfect service we sacrificed it for modern efficiency. It's going to be a cold night in this house. :(

It's not a sodding Keston is it? We bought one of those 5 years ago, the damn thing has always had intermittent problems and costs a bomb to repair, and at the moment it's very nearly dead - just at the coldest time too!

10 days to New Boiler Day in our house. Going for a Vaillant this time. Fingers crossed that won't be so bad!

Nick & Vicky finally have heating and hot water after their boiler started playing up 2 weeks before Xmas I am praying that it's all sorted now after all the stress they have been through trying to get it fixed.

Tomato sauce is the only sauce that goes with egg & chips with perhaps a few little drips of worcester sauce if I'm in the mood, I can't stand brown sauce on anything.

Greetings from the arctic circle :biggrin:

Thanks for the info Helly, thats probably the cause of our problems with lack of heat, I'm scared to cry just in case of icicles.

I am wearing the contents of my wardrobe and still trying to put more on, I can barely bend my arms :laugh:

Just rung my little plumber, he'll be here in half an hour.

Brown sauce for egg and chips here :biggrin:

I feel you must be a very sensible and wise person biggrin.gif

Tomato sauce is the only sauce that goes with egg & chips with perhaps a few little drips of worcester sauce if I'm in the mood, I can't stand brown sauce on anything.

Weirdo tongue.gif

Good day today, Eddie is working all weekend partytime.gif

Morning :)

My friend is supposed to be travelling to Heathrow today ready for a flight to New Zealand tomorrow,I do hope he makes it ok :unsure: Bit of a rubbish time to have such major travel plans,it sucks really :(

Tilly has puked in the night and is a bit squitty today earning her nickname of Tilly Trotter :wub: Will be keeping a close eye on her I think.

Jemima is still eating well but you can really see her liver mass protruding out now :mecry: