UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

Morning peeps

I've just noticed the hellishly stupid time some of you get up at run4hills.gif ......so come on, who gets up the earliest ?

im usually online for about 7.30 everyday, although I often have a quick read of Refuge then go do some work, but I always notice Alex Merle is up before me by a good hour :wacko:

No fresh snow here tho it's still here from last week but it bitterly, bitterly cold. I think we must be having our coldest day for a long time. The heating is on and yet it doesn't feel like it. My hands are like blocks of ice.

I've just caught George pooing in the sitting room rolleyes.gif He had just been out but came straight back in as even he considered it too cold, he normally loves the cold weather but this is too much even for him. But to poo on the carpet ohmy.gif I wouldn't have minded so much had he gone in the hall as it has rhino flooring and is easily mopped. He wasn't a bit sorry, just gave me one of his feck off looks.

I heard of a dog getting frost bite on his tail yesterday - should we be taking any precautions with our dogs in this cold snap?

I've just noticed the hellishly stupid time some of you get up at run4hills.gif ......so come on, who gets up the earliest ?

I'm normally up shortly after 5 am (sometimes earlier). If I'm up at 6.30 I consider it a lie in laugh.gif

I wouldn't have minded so much had he gone in the hall as it has rhino flooring and is easily mopped. He wasn't a bit sorry, just gave me one of his feck off looks.

That's my boy wub.gif tongue.gif

Hope your tooth gets sorted Billy - I must admit that having had root canal work done and then having had the tooth rot away slowly inside my gum over the course of a couple of years (during which time I kept getting abcesses), which meant my gum had to be cut open eventually to take it out cos it was crumbly, I would definitely have it yanked out.

Back to the vet at 4.20 with Mia.

Edited by merledogs

Morning :)

Norty George can join norty Polly who keeps pooing in the bath :rolleyes: But keeps giving me a 'you go poo outside and see if you like it' look

And norty Polly puli as well, who has taken to stopping for a poo on the stairs on the way to the door if she thinks I'm not watching.

Coldest night in Wales so far, -17 at Sennybridge but not so bad here, probably in single minus figures. A giant land snail has laid a clutch of about 60 eggs, as the tank is up against a radiator so snails are very cosy and have no idea they are not back home in Africa. Eggs were quickly removed and frozen, 60 extra snails not required here!

Post made it through today for the first time since Monday. Our neighbour who works for Royal Mail as a manager walked to the next village to collect bags of post. He is now walking round the village doing his own deliveries. I'm impressed! biggrin.gif

Our village was ploughed and gritted yesterday 'in the Cornish manner' - ie, someone 'borrowed' a snow plough, gritter and grit that were officially supposed to be going somewhere else. laugh.gif

Poor Lottie had to have a lead walk this morning as the snow is deeper than she is tall in the forest. She was one big ice ball after walk yesterday so, this morning I rugged her up and kept her on the lead near home. Her paws were still frozen up though. I can't put a coat on her in forest as it's not safe as it could catch on something. If we do go up tomorrow I'll just do an hour with her.

Having a not great week, on various fronts, so have taken to lurking over here round about 6.30 am, then not getting around to posting, so will miss replying to lots of things.

And I thought it was only my norty dog (Daisy I think) who has taken to avoiding getting her bottom cold when we're out for our slithery walk, and leaves presents when I am least expecting it – and yes, why don’t they then stick to using the kitchen floor which I can scrub?! The only bonus is that on raw feeding, everything is easy to pick up!!!

Helly, your staff must have some respect for you as a boss if they will walk 7 miles to work for you – either that or you scare them to death – but somehow I think it is the former!

Alicia :GroupHug:

Alex, Milly was one stunning lady.

Owl, that was a wonderful photo of Wispa.

Now, what else did I come here to say ………. oh, snow here is here but not like most of you have it. I keep turning up at the office – takes me a bit longer, but nothing to keep me away – more worried about Mr B at the moment who is working anti-social hours so is driving when it is coldest.

And, this morning I kicked off BIG TIME about the heating at work. Let’s just say that despite my Manager ringing twice before Christmas, and everyone in this huge office moaning about it all week, little me has achieved the result – well, I have for our pen anyway – they’ve checked the temperature which is an “apparent†20C, but said that if the air conditioning is affecting it, they will deal with that by providing our pen with oil filled radiators – now “they†have to find out who is responsible for obtaining them (so this could be another month!) Result for our pen anyway – the fact that there’s another twenty or so pens filled with folks who are still cold will be something they will have to sort out themselves – perhaps I should offer my kicking off services out for a fee! :laugh:

For anyone who might be interested:

Following the report from the RSPCA about many people being unaware that they have bought a puppy that has been bred on a puppy farm Jeremy Vine is having a phone in and discussion on his Radio 2 programme about this very thing. His programme is on now tho he hasn't yet got to the puppy farm bit.

For anyone who might be interested:

Following the report from the RSPCA about many people being unaware that they have bought a puppy that has been bred on a puppy farm Jeremy Vine is having a phone in and discussion on his Radio 2 programme about this very thing. His programme is on now tho he hasn't yet got to the puppy farm bit.

Knew there was something else I meant to say - loads of stuff on Radio 4 this morning re Puppy Farms - following on from something sent out by Dogs Trust. Was all very well reported, informative, get people thinking stuff, including interview with a "good" breeder, and someone who has seen "Battery Farming" of dogs in Ireland.

Nothing re Rescues unfortunately - or not on the two reports/interviews I heard.